• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

sTrEeTs Of RaGe 4 ~ rAgE iN tHe CaGe

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
This is just me, but I'd buy it on Switch and also do a month of Game Pass PC, so you have both to mess around with. I'd imagine this game would be perfect for Switch. Brings back good memories playing SoR 3 on my Nomad.

I actually already have Game Pass PC, but I don't use it anymore because of the storage hogging the app is pulling, and I'm a sauer hater when it comes to "renting " games. But... I might just give in this time and reinstall everything. The sub is running until September anyway. Other than that, I agree. It somewhat feels like a Switch game.

Wow, I think Cherry is my favorite so far. Her punch animations are just awesome. Love her flip kick, rear throw, and she can run.

Blaze is a beast. Her down jump attack now has a 2nd hit.

Honestly kinda let down with Floyd. His throws dont have the same satisfying impact I'd like to see in a big guy

Last edited:

Poppyseed

For those wondering, this is a rock solid 60fps on Switch, from someone who is OBSESSIVE about frame rate and complained about the crap frame rate in Dead Cells day 1.

This game is a masterclass. The sound effects, the flow - all of it. Switch version is a must-buy. All the lighting and shadows and reflections seem intact and handheld mode appears native 720p.

Gorgeous. Buy this now!

Gamernyc78

Banned
For those wondering, this is a rock solid 60fps on Switch, from someone who is OBSESSIVE about frame rate and complained about the crap frame rate in Dead Cells day 1.

This game is a masterclass. The sound effects, the flow - all of it. Switch version is a must-buy. All the lighting and shadows and reflections seem intact and handheld mode appears native 720p.

Gorgeous. Buy this now!
Ps4 here I come. ThankS for the feedback.

I had hoped they would update the format a little in some ways, but it's basically a 90's beat 'em up with great production values. Disappointing. At least I didn't buy it.

Glad everyone else is enjoying it, though.

There were a lot of people on the Discord saying they were struggling on hard. Don't feel bad.

My excitement for this game is making the work day go so slowly. Can't wait to get home and punch some thugs!

it’s fun as hell. I suck but I haven’t put the controller down since download finished. Not sure if the online play issues are on my end of just typical launch day stuff

Having completed 2 playthroughs, it's better than what I expected. The music is very forgettable though. Such a letdown. The addition of running and rolls in 3 made it more fluid but the SOR2 bum train was in effect I guess when designing this game so no running on rolls. It's a fun game but I prefer the original 3. Especially in the music department.

RAIDEN1

Having completed 2 playthroughs, it's better than what I expected. The music is very forgettable though. Such a letdown. The addition of running and rolls in 3 made it more fluid but the SOR2 bum train was in effect I guess when designing this game so no running on rolls. It's a fun game but I prefer the original 3. Especially in the music department.
Well it could have been worse, Streets of Rage 3's music wasn't exactly anything to write home about the fact that they took on-board some of the original artists was a step in the right direction, how would you compare the music in this game to the fan-made 2003 re-boot?

skneogaf

Works perfectly on xbox one x and my driving simulator but won't start on my main pc using the pc xbox game pass.

Anyone know anything about this typical Windows store type if problem?

Nixonomics

Works perfectly on xbox one x and my driving simulator but won't start on my main pc using the pc xbox game pass.

Anyone know anything about this typical Windows store type if problem?

I believe CrustyBritches CrustyBritches mentioned there being a prompt hidden behind a window on his PC that was requiring admin access to allow certain permissions for the app. Maybe alt+tab a few times to make sure there isn't a window hidden?

Nixonomics

It worked once out of 25 tries, I only want it to work on my main pc as that is where I'll use my arcade stick.

I feel your pain.

Maybe try what JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered did?

I was having issues but I tried opening the console companion app and running it from there and now I’m rolling. Playing online with randoms, Wrecking through stages on hard now

I've seen/experienced so many issues related to the Windows Store and their apps. It can be maddening. If that doesn't work I would try repairing the game pass app/console companion app in the control panel. Maybe try to find the installation folder and run the .exe with administrator rights too. Although I think games installed via the game pass are in a hidden folder with some bullshit security settings by default.

This man needs to play with an arcade stick, damnit!!

MarkyG

Oh deary. Whoever published this on Windows Store needs a firm telling off. The whole advanced graphical options are missing vs the Steam version. Game invites for co-op don't show (it's flakey at best with other games as well). Cracking game though. :)

The opening stage is absolutely intended to be a throwback to SOR2. After that the game starts assuming it's own identity.
I played the first 4 stages and it didn't seem to change much. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but it's shallow. That's par for the course for the genre, to be fair. I thought Double Dragon Neon did a better job with adding some new twists to the formula. Maybe Mother Russia Bleeds, too.

Tesseract

Banned
I played the first 4 stages and it didn't seem to change much. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but it's shallow. That's par for the course for the genre, to be fair. I thought Double Dragon Neon did a better job with adding some new twists to the formula. Maybe Mother Russia Bleeds, too.

ja, i'm leaning that way

neon is excellent until the end

still having a blast tho

Last edited:
Well it could have been worse, Streets of Rage 3's music wasn't exactly anything to write home about the fact that they took on-board some of the original artists was a step in the right direction, how would you compare the music in this game to the fan-made 2003 re-boot?

3's music is so much better than this. I think with time, now that this soundtrack is part of the series, more people will warm to 3's soundtrack. It's fucking bumping but some people can't accept the style. Personally, I think this soundtrack is weak sauce. They were huge shoes to fill to be fair but it falls so flat in my opinion.

I'm not sure what you mean regarding the 2003 re-boot. You mean SOR Remake? Because I don't rate that either. Though the compositions are the same, they sound like amateur arrangements.

I will concede that this game was quite fun though which I wasn't exepecting after seeing videos. I would have included running and rolling personally in the design of this game. Once you have mastered the controls in BK3, it's a tier above 2 but 2 seems to get the nod. Maybe because it's rememberd more fondly, I'm not sure. I don't like Cherry or Jax. Their designs are ass, Cherry more so. There's a bunch of characters that are in the game in some form that I would have loved to be able to use instead but I'm not going to say who they are just in case it is considered a spoiler. I'm expecting paid DLC bullshit for them though.

I am happy that SOR is getting some love these days. It's a series I've grown up with, I loved every single entry and still play them all regularly. It seems SEGA hasn't completely forgot about it thankfully.

Top Bottom