• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: nobody likes it

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. Hype gauge: Are you in or are you out?

• I'm in

• I'm out

Results are only viewable after voting.

.Pennywise

So after the last State of Play and and the Suicice Squad's last trailer seems like people aren't too hot in the game.

I'm asking this in a niche forum where most of the proposed stuff by this game is something most people here don't like (multiplayer game, co-op experience, GaaS, cosmectics, etc).

I found it quite good and something I'm looking forward. So this is a poll just to see if this is one of those cases of "loud minority" or old man yells at cloud. Or if it really is most of the people not wanting a game from one of the most renowned developers out there, Rocksteady.

I said "I'm out" but in reality it's "wait and see and buy on massive discount, regardless". Smart consumers recognize these GaaS titles will be $10 in a year.......or less. By then, maybe they will be an actual complete game or completely dead - either way they will be cheap.

Last edited:

MirageMew2

Neo Member
“I think it has a wide appeal and will definitely have an audience.” is what I would’ve said before Gotham Knights releasing in the same 6 month window. As someone that actually enjoyed Avengers, I’m well over it. Plus ToTK in the same month?

Didn't vote cause it's never been on my radar.

It looks like it would be fun in coop, SP too but I just don't really care about open world games or super hero IPs.

I'm sure the game will be great for those it appeals to.

Reactions: Isa
I voted I'm out, but wish there was a wait and see option. From what I saw, I wouldn't buy day 1 (and honestly probably wouldn't even buy on a discount). But I will wait for reviews and feedback. The small sliver of hope I have for this game is that it's a rocksteady game.

SJRB

iu

ULTRA

BAD

I was waiting for a deep discount
Now i know it's always online for a single player game I'm out.
At this point they would have to pay me to play it.

Everything about it screams below average to me.

I rolled my eyes when they said you'd be working to upgrade GearScore.

Also I'm pretty sure Harley Quinn and the boomerang guy will be the chatty character types that developers love to make, but no one actually likes to play as.

Cyberpunkd

So after the last State of Play and and the Suicice Squad's last trailer seems like people aren't too hot in the game.

I'm asking this in a niche forum where most of the proposed stuff by this game is something most people here don't like (multiplayer game, co-op experience, GaaS, cosmectics, etc).

I found it quite good and something I'm looking forward. So this is a poll just to see if this is one of those cases of "loud minority" or old man yells at cloud. Or if it really is most of the people not wanting a game from one of the most renowned developers out there, Rocksteady.
The topic about State of Play has it on the last page, but in a video Kyle Bosman points out (apart from all the cringe developer talk) that the trailer looked like caffeinated teenager on steroids, so much shit flying everywhere that you probably can't handle it for more than 5 minutes.

kiphalfton

I only watched like 10 seconds of the gameplay video, mainly just scrubbing through it, but it looks like it's a third person shooter? I saw the boomerang guy and the shark guy using guns.

sainraja

For me, it depends. I think I will get the game but if it requires a lot of investment, like Destiny, then I might just have to go with Destiny after finishing the main campaigns.

Fbh

Honestly I think this might be one of those games that people online hate but still ends up selling decently and finding an audience. I see comparisons to Avengers or Anthem but the actual gameplay in this looks way more fun than those IMO.

For me personally, while it's not what I wanted from Rocksteady and it doesn't look like a project that should have taken 7 years, I think it look pretty fun. I'd give it a try once it's on sale for $30 or less.

deathsaber

I'll reserve full judgement until the game is here (and I try to put trust and benefit of the doubt to Rocksteady, who deserves it, frankly). But yeah, there is a ton of concern on my part, leading me to not really have a ton of excitement for this project.

Why did we like the Arkham games? They were ultra-atmospheric single player adventure games that were well written and leveraged the IP to the max, and hugely did justice to the source material (that isf rankly something not done with most licensed products, which are typically cheap cash ins). Ironically, a lot of the same applies with the success of the current Hogwarts Legacy game which gives me a lot of the same feelings- every time a good licensed game like this comes, me reminds me how it is quite a rare thing to actually get a really high-quality game come from a licensed product, so when one comes along, it is refreshing, and makes you wonder why there isn't more.

So for this new game to be announced as a multiplayer, always online, co-op focused shooter, with extensive mtx/cosmetics, and GaaS seemingly all over the design, it doesn't leave me (and imagine a LOT of others) feel too rosy about the game.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I'm out. Big time.

If the game comes out and is decent, I may nab it on the cheap, but I really don't see myself paying full price for this. The gameplay just looks so... uninspired to me. It's just so much stuff we've already seen before or played, but with Suicide Squad and DC IPs painted over it.

The worst part about it for me is that it feels like it completely lacks any form of creativity. It's a mish mash of Saint's Row, Anthem, Avengers, and Crackdown.

Because it's Rocksteady, I can't help but believe it will feel solid and be very stable. But, that's about it.

TexMex

I’m colder on the game every time they show it, but I’m still in. Decent co-op with friends will sell me most anything.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Deep sale if it's not some surprise smash at launch.

Looks much closer to Gotham Knights than Arkham Knight. No thank you.

Top Bottom