• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweden-GAF |OT| I'd Say It's Pretty Lagom

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Är det någon annan än jag som ser framemot Independence Day: resurgence på bio? Bara två månader kvar, är extremt hypad och hoppas på att det är lika bra som första filmen xD

Mina förväntningar är extremt lågt ställda.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
säg inte så

Kommer dra in 1.5 billion.

Jo!! Blir hellre positivt överraskad än besviken.

Den kommer dra in satan första helgen iallafall, sen får vi se hur det går beroende på WoM. Men högst sannolikt kommer den göra sjuka pengar. Typisk sommarbiofilm.

rezuth

Alla dessa anti-Trump posts på Reddit har varit oerhört underhållande.

mlC0AmV.jpg

Hey Sweden gaf!!

My wife and I are visiting Stockholm in mid May. We're mostly gonna be hanging out with her sister whose studying there, but we'll definitely have time to check out the city.

Any attractions you guys recommend? Bars, restaurants, clubs, museums.. anything electronic music related would be cool too.

We're staying for two weeks, so it would be also cool to check near by cities.

Thanks in advance :)

CoolOff

Hey Sweden gaf!!

My wife and I are visiting Stockholm in mid May. We're mostly gonna be hanging out with her sister whose studying there, but we'll definitely have time to check out the city.

Any attractions you guys recommend? Bars, restaurants, clubs, museums.. anything electronic music related would be cool too.

Hey! I have a pretty good overview of the electronic music scene in the city, so PM me closer to when you arrive and I will find some events for you to check out! Any specific genre?

Also, if the weather is good, take a day-trip out in the archipelago. Artipelag sounds really cool even if I haven't been there yet myself.

http://www.stockholmarchipelago.se/en/

Fotografiska is a great "museum" to visit if you enjoy photography. The Vasa-museum is also well-liked by tourists.

Uppsala is probably the best daytrip you can make to a nearby city. Beautiful old university-town.

For food, I highly, highly recommend these two:

http://www.jimjacob.se/

http://www.racamaca.se/

Both are sort of "larger tapas"-places where you order maybe 3-5 dishes, or share more. Book the first one well in advance. The guys running the second place are super chill, and it's walk-in only.

Qvoth

a friend of mine asked me what i want as souvenirs from sweden
any suggestions? preferably food? since that's probably easy to bring (i'm in indonesia and we don't really have rules and regulations about bringing food into the country)

jorma

is now taking requests
any suggestions? preferably food? since that's probably easy to bring (i'm in indonesia and we don't really have rules and regulations about bringing food into the country)

Kalles Kaviar

IMG_5287.jpg

The Swedishest food in the world.

jorma

is now taking requests
i was hoping for something more substantial
sausages? wouldn't even mind meatballs if they're good

Not sure you'd want to travel that far with that sort of food. I mean there's some smoked sausage around i guess, but there's nothing particulary unique and souvenir-worthy about them.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Hey Sweden gaf!!

If you're here May 13th, Ricardo Villalobos is playing at this event: Into the Valley Episode Stockholm 2

Otherwise Trädgården is open by then, and they usually have good acts.

There should also be a bunch of underground or outdoors raves by that time, and while I might not have the same overbiew of the scene as CoolOff, I have some and have a bunch of friends who are part of it.

Anyone can tell me where to buy SD card reader for cheap in Sweden? My friend is living there and can't find cheap one.

Virtually everywhere. NetOnNet & Kjell & Company, most likely on Elgiganten, Media Markt, CDON etc.

http://www.kjell.com/se/sortiment/dator-natverk/datortillbehor/minneskort-lasare/minneskortslasare/minneskortlasare-sd-p68299?gclid=COyvxPihn8wCFQLjcgod76QPVw

Sweden isn't really famous for its cuisine. If you visit Stockholm you'll find a souvenir shop around every corner in Old Town, so there's tons of typical stuff to pick up. There's not really any noteworthy food to bring.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Virtually everywhere. NetOnNet & Kjell & Company, most likely on Elgiganten, Media Markt, CDON etc.

http://www.kjell.com/se/sortiment/dator-natverk/datortillbehor/minneskort-lasare/minneskortslasare/minneskortlasare-sd-p68299?gclid=COyvxPihn8wCFQLjcgod76QPVw

Sweden isn't really famous for its cuisine. If you visit Stockholm you'll find a souvenir shop around every corner in Old Town, so there's tons of typical stuff to pick up. There's not really any noteworthy food to bring.

Eh?

Gravlax, Kalix Roe, swedish meatballs, Falukorv, Västerbotten cheese, Pickled herring, etc.

Not to mention that we have a bunch of famous chefs and world class restaurants, Fäviken, Frantzén, Esperanto, Daniel Berlin, Hedone (although it lies in London), etc etc.

Keasar

Hey Sweden gaf!!

If you want some advice for what is considered typical Swedish and as well for you DesertEater some tips for Swedish Restaurants I highly recommend watching VICE Munchies Guide to Sweden. It's pretty good, talks about different food cultures in different parts of the country and in part 3 it focuses on Stockholm.

It is true that we in Sweden haven't really identified ourselves with a food in particular, we eat usually very simple dishes with nothing fancy to them. There are some stuff we call "Swedish" like Meatballs, Falukorv, Knäckebröd, Surströmming, Spettekaka, salted liquorice candy (always a hoot to give to foreigners and see how they react), Kalles Kaviar, Messmör and some other stuff, we have dishes we enjoy in particular that are considered very Swedish but once again they are very often just simple dishes. Nothing that would really "wow" international tourists (its still tasty though). There is however a rise recently in something called "The New Nordic Cuisine" around Scandinavia which is a movement to bring out interesting dishes using local ingredients from Scandinavian areas only (this is brought up in part 5 of the Guide to Sweden video series).

As for food to bring as souvenirs, some of the stuff I mentioned should be fine to bring along for long flights. Some a little more difficult to keep fresh like meatballs and falukorv.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Hej SwedenGaf!

Finns det några bra hiking trails i södra sverige? Anything you can easily reach by train and/or bus from Malmö. Looking for things to do this midsummer. All the ones I found so far are like 8 hours away by train.

PS: Feel free to respond in Swedish. I need to learn this language anyway. :)

CoolOff

Hej SwedenGaf!

Finns det några bra hiking trails i södra sverige? Anything you can easily reach by train and/or bus from Malmö. Looking for things to do this midsummer. All the ones I found so far are like 8 hours away by train.

PS: Feel free to respond in Swedish. I need to learn this language anyway. :)

http://www.svd.se/fem-vackra-vandringar-i-sverige

SvD tipsar om en del av Skåneleden som heter Österlenleden. Den låter som det du letar efter?

http://www.skaneleden.se/leden/sl-4-osterlenleden/

Farks!

Var sa jag det? Jag länkade bara.

Menade inte att du påstod det, bara apropå att.

Vilken snabbmatskedja är bättre enligt dig?

Både Donken och BK har godare burgare enligt mig.

?

Jag har aldrig hört talas om att Max skulle vara särskilt högt ansett. Det är väl ganska standard. Kojima syftade inte att på det skulle vara högt ansett, om det var det du tänkte på.

Det brukar ju vinna en massa omröstningar och sådant, plus att man ofta hör folk tala om hur bra det är när snabbmat kommer upp.

Top Bottom