• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together |OT|: Fat Bottomed Girls

Soulhouf

Basileus777 said:
Yes. Some of them drop normally, others there are special conditions. To get
Lanselot
to drop the Ambicion, you have to win the fight with
just Denam, Catiua, and Vyce.
Very interesting, thank you.
Another question: is there an action skill other than "First Aid" that the class "Lord" can use?

Soulhouf said:
Very interesting, thank you.
Another question: is there an action skill other than "First Aid" that the class "Lord" can use?

The Lord can use phalanx and mighty impact, though phalanx is kind of game breaking with an offensive unit like the Lord. And Mighty impact can be annoying to use with double attack, since the first hit critical sometimes knocks back an enemy making the second attack miss.

Edit: I just realized I may not have been clear.
The Dark Knight Commanders only drop their weapons in the final battle of the CODA where you fight all of them at once.
I thought that was the battle you were talking about. The drop rates are random like with anything else, so you may have to mess around with CHARIOT or reloading to get them to drop.

Soulhouf

Basileus777 said:
The Lord can use phalanx and mighty impact, though phalanx is kind of game breaking with an offensive unit like the Lord. And Mighty impact can be annoying to use with double attack, since the first hit critical sometimes knocks back an enemy making the second attack miss.

Edit: I just realized I may not have been clear.
The Dark Knight Commanders only drop their weapons in the final battle of the CODA where you fight all of them at once.
I thought that was the battle you were talking about. The drop rates are random like with anything else, so you may have to mess around with CHARIOT or reloading to get them to drop.
And you have to fight them with only Denam, Vyce and Catiua to get Lanselot's weapon? That's quite a challenge. But actually Denam being a Lord with phalanx skill can do it I believe.

How far along does the Lord class unlock (for Law)? I'm trying to plan what skills I'll try and unlock for Denam in the mean time (or if I'll just skill scavenge others in order to make him better).

Where can I get more Silver Oberyth? I think I sold a bunch of it awhile back before I realized what it was for.

EDIT: Specifically, to make Gildas and Mirdyn useful somehow.

Jimmy Stav said:
Where can I get more Silver Oberyth? I think I sold a bunch of it awhile back before I realized what it was for.

EDIT: Specifically, to make Gildas and Mirdyn useful somehow.

Paralysis Blade + Counter Attack + Rampart Aura + moving them in front of everyone means all their melee dudes get stunned, which is kind of nice.

But you can get them from drops, I get a bunch of them in the Wildwood I think... Wait, why do you need them to make those guys useful?

Seda

I'm confused. Oberyths are just meant to be sold right?

Edit: Oh, Silver Oberyths can transfer Spells or Skills from dead units or something...didn't know that.

platypotamus said:
Paralysis Blade + Counter Attack + Rampart Aura + moving them in front of everyone means all their melee dudes get stunned, which is kind of nice.

But you can get them from drops, I get a bunch of them in the Wildwood I think... Wait, why do you need them to make those guys useful?

I meant in terms of scavenging my generics for their skills. I'm going to make Gildas a TK, and leave Mirdyn as either a WK or a K, but I haven't decided yet. He'll be inheriting my generic Knight's skills.

So I've been working on the Fortress sidequests, because, you know, it would be nice to have actually upgraded weapons come the Coda, but Holy Cow was I surprised to learn that each Fortress is actually a full-fledged dungeon!

At first, I thought, "OK, there's two dungeon maps for each temple. That's no big deal." And then I cleared the first map and saw the third one and thought, "Yeah, I get that. Three maps for each Fortress is a good level of challenge, for the reward." and then ANOTHER TWO freaking maps appeared! What the heck!

Are they all worth doing? Or is it better to just do a few that are more worth it than others?

Also, do I need to bring one of the daughters to each final battle, or can I bench them?

I also found it really funny how after the initial six Fortress battles and the event at Coritanae, the "Dorgula's Great War" entry appears in the Warren Report, explaining like another game's worth of backstory! Crazy.

ferr

Seda said:
I'm confused. Oberyths are just meant to be sold right?

Edit: Oh, Silver Oberyths can transfer Spells or Skills from dead units or something...didn't know that.
Dead enemy units or allies? I guess it could be an easy way to buff up a newly unlocked character if this works on allies. Higher oberyths do anything?

Mr. Wonderful said:
Are they all worth doing? Or is it better to just do a few that are more worth it than others?

Also, do I need to bring one of the daughters to each final battle, or can I bench them?

The daughters don't need to participate in any of the battles.

Also, you get 3 Shaman marks for completing all of the Fortresses. It's an special magic based class usable by only 6 of the game's characters(with the daughters being 4 of them), and one of the few classes that can use the Apocrypha.

ferr said:
Dead enemy units or allies? I guess it could be an easy way to buff up a newly unlocked character if this works on allies. Higher oberyths do anything?

Only allies. I'm about to kill off one of my warlocks since I got a unique one.

AFAIK, nothing good comes from the others.

Fimbulvetr said:
The daughters don't need to participate in any of the battles.

Also, you get 3 Shaman marks for completing all of the Fortresses. It's an special magic based class usable by only 6 of the game's characters(with the daughters being 4 of them), and one of the few classes that can use the Apocrypha.
Oh really? So the one that (I'm guessing) gives you the Dark Magic Apocrypha wouldn't be any use for a Mage?

Though I'm primarily doing it for the Crafting Books.

Mr. Wonderful said:
Oh really? So the one that (I'm guessing) gives you the Dark Magic Apocrypha wouldn't be any use for a Mage?

Not a normal one anyway.

Lich, Priest, Dark Priest, Princess, Shaman, and Astromancer can all use them.

Also maybe Wicce and Lord(haven't unlocked them yet so I don't know).

Nobody else.

Even then they are limited by their schools of magic(i.e. Dark Priest cannot use the Divine Apocrypha, while Priest can't use anything but the Divine Apocrypha).

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm so late this party...

I haven't contributed anything before this post, but I still wanted drop by and say that this game is now one my top 5 games of all time. Granted, I'm still buzzing from all the awesome and haven't let the experience sink in yet, but I highly doubt I'll appreciate the sheer genius of this game any less in the future.

This game is on sale on Amazon for $25.99. Thinking of jumping in, but will I be able to get the game to work on my CFW PSP? I'm on the latest version of 5.50 Prometheus.

darkvir

Great sessions in over the weekend. Recruited a Fusilier, Ganpp, his 2 Gryphons & another Vartan! Now at 75hrs in ChIV.

I had a look at the guide for the first time, its pure madness. The amount of extras, side quests, special recruits is staggering. Could easily put 200 hrs +, if I had the time... but my backlog is too big.

Gave in and did a third Shrine sidequest (Earth). These things are tough! But I would imagine the rewards (Crafting Books) are all but essential for the later sidequests. Even in these, I'm doing so little damage.

ferr

Mr. Wonderful said:
Gave in and did a third Shrine sidequest (Earth). These things are tough! But I would imagine the rewards (Crafting Books) are all but essential for the later sidequests. Even in these, I'm doing so little damage.
That is around where I stopped playing. I was getting my ass kicked by Martym at the Grimsby battle.. he was parrying my archers like crazy. I didn't have any hard to get crafter books so I may have been under-geared.

Unless I'm mistaken and you're not talking about ancient temples.

platypotamus said:
Every time I see this thread, I'm closer to taking Monster Hunter out of my PSP and playing more Tactics Ogre. I give it like three days.

That was a pretty accurate prediction, I picked this up again two days ago.

darkvir

Just finished the game. Ended up at around level 24. Overall fantastic experience, had some very good moments in ChIV and the ending was great.

Art, music, classes, story... everything held up. My only gripe was recruiting, it really sucked getting a level 20 to joint, then he slams down to level 1... Another minor gripe was the pacing, many classes, special skills, weapons all come in line pretty late in the game.

I'll go through the World Tarot section and see some of the alternate paths, glad I keep my stats :)

Dunan

Nuts; the $25.99 Amazon sale is over. I have the Japanese version but have been wanting to double dip -- the translation is too good to miss!

But I'll buy used if it's back to $40. Keep the discounts and spur new-game sales, Amazon!

At least my backlog is big. Maybe I'll just wait for the $25 price again.

Sotha Sil

I stopped playing in Chapter IV: I was testing the game's freedom of choice, and it turns out Let Us Cling is so goddamn dark that I was downright disgusted by the Denam I had created. Coming from a guy who loves evil playthroughs, that's something.

Restarted as a Chaotic Denam, and it's all kinds of awesome. I love this game.

Sotha Sil said:
I stopped playing in Chapter IV: I was testing the game's freedom of choice, and it turns out Let Us Cling is so goddamn dark that I was downright disgusted by the Denam I had created. Coming from a guy who loves evil playthroughs, that's something.

I'm kind of afraid that's going to happen to me when I start World-ing.

Seda

I finally got Vyce when using World. Now he's level 1 whereas every other human class in my party in 38ish.

Bah. Time to train.

I think I will get most of the unique characters, but I don't really want to go through the PotD....just would take too much time.

Soulhouf

Oh I didn't know that if a character from your team kills people from his origin his loyalty will drop :(
Now Cistina hates me because I was doing the 1st floor of the Palace of The Dead again and again (to get these f**ing glass pumpkins for Deneb) and killing dozen of Bakram people...

Sotha Sil

Soulhouf said:
Oh I didn't know that if a character from your team kills people from his origin his loyalty will drop :(
Now Cistina hates me because I was doing the 1st floor of the Palace of The Dead again and again (to get these f**ing glass pumpkins for Deneb) and killing dozen of Bakram people...

Damn, that's news to me!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Beat the game yesterday on the Law path with 43 hours clocked, the last dungeon was a truly intense experience, had to do around 10-15 levels in one go, with no resting at shops. I was getting scared that I'd run out of items by the end of it.;_; thankfully i managed to pull through, and the last two battles were pretty easy anyway.

Really great game though, although I'd haft to wonder If I'm even going bother with all the side-stuff, might give a run through the different paths via w.o.r.l.d for extra story content though.

Soulhouf

I would like to get some powerful draconic spells.
At a high level witches always come with some. So here is my idea: recruit a witch character, let him/her die and use some Silver Oberyth to transfer the spells.
Did somebody try this?

Seda

Since this is bumped:

training up (character spoiler)
Ozma
right now. She's level 15 and the rest of my party is 40ish. There's so much stuff to do in this game.

(Finally) getting close to the end.

Is there anything I should absolutely positively do before I beat the game (chaos path), or can I do everything else in World?

platypotamus said:
(Finally) getting close to the end.

Is there anything I should absolutely positively do before I beat the game (chaos path), or can I do everything else in World?

Anything you missed you can do in world.

Just got the game today, and after playing around with it a bit, I've gotta say that there is a TON of info for me to soak up. It's somewhat overwhelming, actually. @_@

Hikash Winzalf said:
Does finishing the game with some of the new special characters like Diego affect the ending?

Just like the original game each special character gets their own ending scene. Unlike the original, you only get to see one of the side characters' ending scenes(I forget but it's either based on the way the game ranks characters, or which character you used the most). Unfortunately you can't view them in the menu like other cutscenes as far as I remember.

I can understand the decision(considering how many characters there are the epilogue might seem bloated if they did all of the ending scenes at the same time).

Fimbulvetr said:
Just like the original game each special character gets their own ending scene. Unfortunately, unlike the original, you only get to see one of the side characters' ending scenes(I forget but it's either based on the way the game ranks characters, or which character you used the most) and you can't view them like other cutscenes as far as remember.

You can use your save right before the final battle and dismiss characters if you want to see the endings for others. You'll have to beat the final boss several times to see them all, but it's the easiest way to do it.

Basileus777 said:
You can use your save right before the final battle and dismiss characters if you want to see the endings for others. You'll have to beat the final boss several times to see them all, but it's the easiest way to do it.

Bah. I still think the game should have allowed you to view them in the Coda Chapter.

Electivirus said:
Just got the game today, and after playing around with it a bit, I've gotta say that there is a TON of info for me to soak up. It's somewhat overwhelming, actually. @_@

get prepared for 200 hours of epicness. better cherish it, we might never get another one of these.

Wazzim

Banned
Master Milk said:
Since this was bumped, I'll take this chance to ask. I've always wanted to know, what's up with the thread title?
Reference to the girls on the cover, they got censored in the US but not in Europe and Japan.

Sotha Sil

Electivirus said:

Make sure to watch the skippable intro, lots of useful info in it that will come in handy later in the game. (WTF are the Bakram? Lodis? Wut?, and so on).

Top Bottom