• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Series | Community Thread | Localizing more games than Square Enix

redhairedking

In the Xillia games, the post-game dungeons weren't very good :x Graces wasn't so hot either. I'd like a good, puzzle-filled, but not annoying and not randomly generated post-game dungeon or dungeons for once.

Xillia 2 and Graces were okay, Xillia was awful.

Bladenic

Tales bonus dungeons are usually annoying as fuck. Like they have time limits or some dumb stuff you need to find and whatnot. Maybe I'm forgetting something but Vesperia's was just a boss rush which I appreciated.

demidar

Tales bonus dungeons are usually annoying as fuck. Like they have time limits or some dumb stuff you need to find and whatnot. Maybe I'm forgetting something but Vesperia's was just a boss rush which I appreciated.

Vesperia was taking rooms from all over the game and stitching them together in a nonsensical order. It was terrible, but the end boss was cool.

Bladenic

Vesperia was taking rooms from all over the game and stitching them together in a nonsensical order. It was terrible, but the end boss was cool.

Yeah but it was still just or mostly bosses. No time limit or other nonsense. I prefer that to, say, Graces' bonus dungeon.

demidar

Yeah but it was still just or mostly bosses. No time limit or other nonsense. I prefer that to, say, Graces' bonus dungeon.

I think the trash mobs were bosses (or as strong as them).

I actually like the Zhonecage except for the part about sacrificing an item to get to higher levels.

I like the Telescopic Graveyard in the PS3 version. The whole dungeon is a labyrinth and is played in battle mode, you decide where to go after killing all enemies and it takes you to the next battle right away. I suppose it would be bad for people who don't like dungeon crawling, tough.

It should have someone from Vesperia, Innocence and Xillia 2, just so all the mainline games have at least one character show up in a cameo battle.

So a party of Ludger, Rita or Estelle and uhhhhhh Iria I guess?

Bladenic

Okay how about: Senel, Rita, Leia, Loni?

Or Kyle, Malik, Elize, Presea?

Or Lloyd, Ricardo, Estelle, and Tytree?

Someone at Namco needs to find me for the cameo battle in Zestiria 😂

kewlmyc

This isn't cameo battle related, but I hope the cameo costumes in Zestiria don't include Yuri and Leon for the uptienth time.

i would like ...
Luke,
Leila ,
Reine ,
Chester

For maximum meyheim ..
Yeah i would like a cameo battle like this.

thinking about it , there are a lot of possibilities...

Bladenic

This isn't cameo battle related, but I hope the cameo costumes in Zestiria don't include Yuri and Leon for the uptienth time.

Ugh right? So many characters haven't gotten costume cameos. On the other hand Yuri's costume is always so much better than what that character wears by default (Asbel, Jude in Xillia 2).

Shun

I hope we get more bullshit fights in Zestiria like the Queen Slime on Chaos difficulty from Tales of Graces.

Fuck that, took me so many tries without grinding.

Shun

Tales of Grace's angsty story and fallen protagonist puts Luke fon Fabre to shame. Only Leon Magnus can compare. Best Tales games after Destiny 1 and 2.

Yep, that encounter was certainly.....memorable

Was that boss battle even possible if you were under level 18? The difficulty curve in that game was just bizarre.

Vylash

Been playing Asteria for some time and i'm really enjoying it, i have some good cards but Pascal is my pride and joy

jbfyfNMYqZrTor.png
a bit stuck since the game had a big difficulty spike and i wasn't doing the daily book events, but that was my fault

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
Read that Xillia 2 article, I lost it at Hello, Ludger and your water-element Tide Bullet Arc Fire.

I'm laughing. I can't help it. That was such a stupid decision that all I can do is laugh.

redhairedking

I just read the Xillia 2 and the impression I got is that while he may have some some points, it's obfuscated by the massive stick up his ass.

I think some of his points about Xillia 2 are, while correct, a little silly. His Hearts R critique however is spot on.

Bladenic

Read that Xillia 2 article, I lost it at Hello, Ludger and your water-element Tide Bullet Arc Fire.

I'm laughing. I can't help it. That was such a stupid decision that all I can do is laugh.

Arc Fire isn't that bad, if fire is thought of as firing a gun not fire the element. The problem is I believe Alvin's arte is named arc fire that that's actually Fire element. Oops.

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
Arc Fire isn't that bad, if fire is thought of as firing a gun not fire the element. The problem is I believe Alvin's arte is named arc fire that that's actually Fire element. Oops.

That's why it's hilariously stupid.

But yes, since it did get me laughing I can't consider it that bad. I just think of it as dumb.

Shun

It sorta bothers me that Mikleo is the only one without an Evangelion costume. I mean no one has Kaworu's plug suit. We don't even have a Gendo costume.

Sorey: Shinji
Alisha: Mari
Rose: Asuka
Edna: Rei
Lailah: Misato

Also has it been confirmed that Zestiria will be available for the PSN? I know that Vesperia, Graces f, Xillia, and Xillia 2 are all disc-only and the only one that's on PSN is Symphonia. I want to know if I can get it day one on January 22nd or if I should wait for the exclusive Hi-Ougi.

Also I've been on a blackout for the gameplay. If it's anywhere near close to Graces f and re:Destiny in terms of HUD and gameplay, I'm happy.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Rhapsody

Banned
It sorta bothers me that Mikleo is the only one without an Evangelion costume. I mean no one has Kaworu's plug suit. We don't even have a Gendo costume.

Sorey: Shinji
Alisha: Mari
Rose: Asuka
Edna: Rei
Lailah: Misato

Also has it been confirmed that Zestiria will be available for the PSN? I know that Vesperia, Graces f, Xillia, and Xillia 2 are all disc-only and the only one that's on PSN is Symphonia. I want to know if I can get it day one on January 22nd or if I should wait for the exclusive Hi-Ougi.

Also I've been on a blackout for the gameplay. If it's anywhere near close to Graces f and re:Destiny in terms of HUD and gameplay, I'm happy.
I agree, how is he not Kaworu, really? It seems like an easy fit.

On the topic of costumes, I haven't been too interested in buying them. I felt like the art style in Vesperia made me really want to buy them. Graces costumes worked nicely with the art style too. Xillia's and Zestiria's, not so much with me, (un)fortunately.

Bladenic

So I dunno that I feel like going for ToX2 platinum anymore :/

I just got Hearts R (sans one but that'll be fairly quick and painless hopefully) platinum, and it was refreshing how simple and easy it was to obtain compared to the other Tales games. Grinding to max level was also very speedy by Tales standards. So now to go and try to get ToX2 platinum, with the huge number of required character skills usage for trophies, much slower grinding for levels, and generally being a worse and far more annoying platinum than Xillia, not sure I have it in me. I stopped Graces F platinum at like 93% (due to crafting, EW, and grinding the Arles pot), which sucks, but I wouldn't feel so bad dropping the Xillia 2 platinum right now.

Of course I still wanna do the bonus dungeon and cameo fight, so maybe if I just focus on those the other trophies will come and it won't be so bad. I doubt I can do that though haha.

Sorry for this useless trophy rant haha. Really hope Zestiria will have more fun and somewhat more easily obtainable trophies like Hearts R. Hearts R was by far the most fun platinum because it didnt require the insane grinding efforts that the others did.

demidar

So I dunno that I feel like going for ToX2 platinum anymore :/

I just got Hearts R (sans one but that'll be fairly quick and painless hopefully) platinum, and it was refreshing how simple and easy it was to obtain compared to the other Tales games. Grinding to max level was also very speedy by Tales standards. So now to go and try to get ToX2 platinum, with the huge number of required character skills usage for trophies, much slower grinding for levels, and generally being a worse and far more annoying platinum than Xillia, not sure I have it in me. I stopped Graces F platinum at like 93% (due to crafting, EW, and grinding the Arles pot), which sucks, but I wouldn't feel so bad dropping the Xillia 2 platinum right now.

Of course I still wanna do the bonus dungeon and cameo fight, so maybe if I just focus on those the other trophies will come and it won't be so bad. I doubt I can do that though haha.

Sorry for this useless trophy rant haha. Really hope Zestiria will have more fun and somewhat more easily obtainable trophies like Hearts R. Hearts R was by far the most fun platinum because it didnt require the insane grinding efforts that the others did.

I still don't understand why people would go after Platinum trophies in JRPGs. That's just asking for pain.

Rhapsody

Banned
I wouldn't mind going for Platinum trophies if they were more like fun landmarks to get through in a JRPG.

Playing Neptunia, I pretty much got all the trophies without going too far out of my way, so that was refreshing.

If the trophies are more about exploring the content of a game, I'd be all up for it.

demidar

I wouldn't mind going for Platinum trophies if they were more like fun landmarks to get through in a JRPG.

Playing Neptunia, I pretty much got all the trophies without going too far out of my way, so that was refreshing.

If the trophies are more about exploring the content of a game, I'd be all up for it.

That's okay, it's more like the frivolous shit you have to do in Tales of games. Vesperia (1000/1000) is bad at this too considering the amount of missables in that game.

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
In my case, I know it always starts out as "oh, I really like this game, so maybe I'll do some of those trophies just for the added challenge" then I'll probably get 90% done, and suddenly I feel like I'm so close that I MUST get that damned last 10% that is just mocking me.

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
That sounds like something the devil whispers in your ear.

It pretty much is.

Games do their best to entice you into going for their agonising requirements so that you'll spend hundreds of hours on them.

Just consider yourself lucky to not be sucked into them for JRPGs.

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
Some new Zestiria videos on Gematsu.

About after battle conversations, arena and discoveries (good to see they are back, loved those).

Also, DLC costumes:

More here.

Of course there's DLC costumes. I miss those days where I had to painstakingly earn those costumes.

But I really liked the look of those after battle convos. Their movement looks so much more personalised for those convos than it had been in Xillia. (Of course I may be wrong, and when we get the entire game, we'll see half of those scenes are reused for different convos. But Xillia didn't have entirely repeated animations playing for different convos, iirc, so I'm doubting Bamco would go backwards here)

Top Bottom