• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 - Paul Gameplay Trailer Released

Flutta

My tears. Exclusive to gamepass. Forever.
Looks like he has wig.... Cmon Namco what is this?

I mean at least when he had that blond tower looking thing it looked gamey...this new hair style just looks bad imo.

Last edited:

HTK

His head doesn't match the rest of his body. He looks like a male Karen, such a weird look. Its like the hair doesn't fit the rest of the character, so odd. I'm sure they will have the classic look but this for me was a miss on a classic character.

wtftad

I look forward to the trailer announcer each time these new character reveals come out.

Bum Paul should sell that bike and get him a warm place to sleep and a few hot showers.

Griffon

Not feeling the lighting on those stages. The bright white glowing highlights on the jacket look so wrong and distracting.

This is definitely not UE5 here.

Last edited:

shiru

Why is every fighter a fashionista now? All these outfits are a mess. Random overdesigned trash. Just give us the classic look.

Last edited:

Rubik8

I wish they would tone down the particle and hit effects, the magical fire and whatever the fuck it is. It’s distracting and frankly pretty stupid looking.

saintjules

Bill?

hmm-maybe.gif

Fake

I hope this time there is no roster DLC crap and the character selection is complete

Yeah. Lei being a season pass char really kill my interess of the game. Not to mention Lei looks more like an american than any other previous interaction.

Tekken has lost its soul.

Tekken was the first fighting game that truly captured me; starting with Tekken 2. While Street Fighter 2 was legendary, Tekken kept me up at night. And when Tekken 3 came out, I was spending hours upon hours in the arcade, mastering combos, techniques, characters...everything. Tekken 4 veered away from the series recipe a bit, but I really grew to appreciate it. It was different, but in retrospect, was a really good Tekken. Tekken 5 and Dark Resurrection felt like true spiritual successors of Tekken 3. Tekken Tag, of course, was Tekken 3 on steroids, and it was absolutely heavenly; Tekken Tag 2, more so. Since the introduction of bound, going forward, Tekken hasn't felt the same to me. I held on to hope, for years, hoping it might sort of go back to its roots, but I guess they're making more than enough money with this recipe and my money is less than a drop in the bucket.

I keep checking on Tekken every time a new one is released... But, it's more of the same. Maybe I'm just old now, and can't adapt. Oh well.

Top Bottom