• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 |OT| Now a wall can stop Washington's fall

bati

I was browsing Reddit earlier and came across a post where someone detailed his build that's made around a single talent that kicks in at 0% crit chance and it blew my mind when I realized how much fun waits for me trying to hunt down these rare skills. Here's the build for the curious:

HotPocket69

Banned
W

What if... he was the bad guy?

SPOILERS BRO!

That would be great and I hope that is the case. Nothing ruffles my Fruit of the Looms more than seeing some strong willed (most likely straight) white male in a role of power or leadership in games these days.

scalman

no spoilers please. and i like build myself as i want with all mistakes and such from what later you learn how to be better.

I'm curious how much story the post-release content will have.

We have a little bit of an idea of what Keener may be up to. But really all the potential of D.C. seems to have been ignored.

Our agents are not D.C. We were activated at the same time the Manhattan first wave was, so where are we from and what were we doing?

And what happened to the first and second wave in D.C.? Is this actually a civil war/military coup? Is the General's group Black Tusk?

Could Keener actually be the good guy this time around? Ooh. C'mon Massive. This can't be it.

(Admittedly I haven't made my way through all of the videos and other lore bits dropped into your collection with little fanfare.)

waylo

Banned
Yes. Damage, healing and so on do not scale with skill power. They are affected by how you mod the skill.

I actually do not mind this in theory. Massive seems to have done a good of making the math more obvious in the game.
I feel like this is a really bad change. Skill power having ZERO effect on abilities effectiveness and strictly being a requirement for mods is pretty lame. There is no incentive to build anything other than straight armor/damage builds (even after they adjust the insane SP requirements on mods). I'm not going to sacrifice armor and crit just so I can get thousands of skill power to equip a mod that does 15% more damage or 10% more healing.

Skill power should 100% have some effect on abilities.

nothing

skillpower is the gatekeeper to your skill mods so it does matter, but you wont see the impact immediately if you do not have the appropriate mod to slot. However, don't make the mistake of many by immediately trashing purple and gold pre-level 30 mods. There is a good chance you may be holding onto some gems that provide better stats than most of the mods you'll find in WT 1-4 and significantly lower skill power cost requirement.

I feel like this is a really bad change. Skill power having ZERO effect on abilities effectiveness and strictly being a requirement for mods is pretty lame. There is no incentive to build anything other than straight armor/damage builds (even after they adjust the insane SP requirements on mods). I'm not going to sacrifice armor and crit just so I can get thousands of skill power to equip a mod that does 15% more damage or 10% more healing.

I think it’s a terrible change. I honestly hate that they’ve done this. Maybe when they adjust the mod requirements I’ll feel differently. The fact that skill power is working as intended currently kind of hurts my perception of the game. It’s a big deal to me, personally

I’m gonna double down on my statements earlier though: gear perks regarding skill damage aren’t working. I was speccing a turret build and I have one talent that increases skill damage after a skill kill and another that increases skill damage after depleting enemy armor. The buff icon and timer shows up but damage isn’t affected on my turret, seekers, or flame burst chem launcher

I’m gonna abandon skill power/skill based build and just go all-reds since that’s how the “pros” are dominating the game

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
I need a well written, comprehensible guide on what exactly to do to make the most of what to do after you hit level 30 and finish the campaign.

I'm about to hit 20. I fought some boss named Roach yesterday and seriously thought I hit a wall where I would have to have people join me in order to beat him. Finally did it on my own after the dozenth time.

Well, I haven't played enough of a skill build to have a strong opinion on this and I may just be wrong...

But if the mods achieve a similar effect to what scaling off skill power did, what is the difference?

Sure, there is an extra layer in there, but it lets you know exactly what you are adding to your skills without need a skill calculator.

skillpower is the gatekeeper to your skill mods so it does matter, but you wont see the impact immediately if you do not have the appropriate mod to slot. However, don't make the mistake of many by immediately trashing purple and gold pre-level 30 mods. There is a good chance you may be holding onto some gems that provide better stats than most of the mods you'll find in WT 1-4 and significantly lower skill power cost requirement.

This is probably the best argument against the new system.

The guy who stacks weapon or armor gets immediate results.

The guy who stacks skill power has to craft and be blessed by the RNGesus.

On a more positive note, I hope to fully upgrade my second specialization today and start working on my third tonight or tomorrow. Hoping to get those knocked out this week

scalman

just found out this recently , wish i would do that earlier , so after some time those supply rooms in control posts respawn loot boxes and you can loot weapons and gear again , so i just fast travel from one post to another and see where is what when i level up.
but still dont know how often or when they resets.. i mean you dont get main loot boxes but you getting weapon and gear boxes so thats lots free weapons and gear. being doing that on last 4 levels now and its great.

Solar Farm is really good. Chests all over the place.

Also, you can get a lot of gear farming underground plus you get a bunch of keys.

scalman

you loot a lot ? uplay says played 47 hr 30 lvl , 933 loot i loot everything that dont move and what moves i shoot and then loot :messenger_beaming:

SkinnerSw33t SkinnerSw33t you're right, I'll try to grab that thing :)

And I had a lot of fun playing with CrustyBritches CrustyBritches today. :)
Dude, that bounty was insane. It was like wolves vs a grizzly bear. Can't believe how many rounds that target took, then how much loot dropped. That was fucking crazy.

I'll upload that video of the stronghold fight in the dust storm a little later too. Just an amazing day to be playing the Division 2. What a game! What a squad!:messenger_horns::messenger_beermugs:

bati

I took down the 4 hunters with my 2 buddies on wt4 last night - after a promising start where we nuked two of them with launchers it turned into s real clusterfuck but we managed it at the end.

JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered how are you grinding spec points so fast?

Liftplus

I think ill still wait a bit before buying division... Its kinda expensive atm and dont have anyone to play it with atm.

JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered don't want to give us his secrets. :messenger_winking_tongue:

He does matchmake for bounties a lot. (clan messages) I haven't tried it myself, but read that's a great way.

The is also an "exploit-y" way by making a second L30 that stays in WT1 and never completes an invaded mission.

You can then use the character (with the help of at least one other person) to farm spec points.

ButchCassidy386

Neo Member
I've had an issue where my game says I need to turn things into the Campus, yet it's not even on my map. Game is acting as if I haven't even reached the main missions to unlock it. It's not like it's grayed out, or locked by the Tusk, it literally doesn't even show up.

I'm currently in world tier 3. I'm going to try walking around the area it's supposed to be located, and see if that triggers something. If not, I'm going to join somebody else's game and try traveling that way. If that's a fail, I'll probably have to replay all the missions around it.

I spent a lot of time jumping from my missions to my friends missions. IDK if that caused this bug, or what, but I don't even recall ever going there. (My staff is still 5/8)

nothing

This is probably the best argument against the new system.

The guy who stacks weapon or armor gets immediate results.

The guy who stacks skill power has to craft and be blessed by the RNGesus.
I find their skill power system to be severely flawed and once again with PVE at the forefront of their decisions and PVP getting scraps with fuckall in mind. as of right now, normalization will buff or nerf your skillpower when entering conflict or a non occupied DZ. If you go into conflict with 0 skillpower, you will be buffed to 2k. If you go in with anything over 2k skillpower you receive a nerf based off of a percentage which I have yet to make sense of it's determination.

I can understand their whole wanting to allow players of all gear types to participate but the main issue with this right now is the skill mod requirements receive NO CHANGE and immediately puts a large percentage of mods into an unattainable category. A 7.6k requirement to activate a skill mod will remain a 7.6k mod requirement in any normalized mode. However, if you have just enough skillpower to meet that requirement outside of a normalized mode, you will be nowhere near that within a normalized mode. Making skill builds pointless for anything pvp related.

Massive, what-the-fuck?

MastAndo

I need a well written, comprehensible guide on what exactly to do to make the most of what to do after you hit level 30 and finish the campaign.

I'm about to hit 20. I fought some boss named Roach yesterday and seriously thought I hit a wall where I would have to have people join me in order to beat him. Finally did it on my own after the dozenth time.
Kind of felt that way myself having gone solo for a bit after playing mostly co-op with friends early on. Now that I'm mid-20's (and getting tired of waiting for them to be on and just want to play), I'm giving the solo thing a shot and yeah, you've got to be on your game to survive and mindful of your build, but everything right now seems doable after at worst, a few tries. I'm aware things get tougher and tougher, so that should be interesting...

That said, the amount of flanking and damage caused by everyone including red bars is pretty frustrating at times. It's also a bit disappointing that I can't shoot at guys directly to my left or right without coming out of cover, which physically makes no sense, and makes dealing with multiple enemies a pain. Plus, they're doing a lot of controller reading, and if they're not going into cover while I'm aiming, they are getting quicker and more responsive to attacks, reacting right away and sprinting off from like, the first bullet of an AR mag.

Still, I think I'm enjoying the solo experience a bit more in general, since I like playing at my own pace - waiting around for others to manage inventories, tweak builds and weapons, craft and that sort of thing (and vice versa) is not much fun, though nothing tops gun battles with some friends on your side, so it's a trade-off.

Last edited:
Yeah. I still don't mind the skill system in theory, but there's clearly a lot of aspects of this that weren't thought through.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I think I got a ton of those spec points simply by doing the full bounty tree one day. Working a pretty hard job 6 days a week at the moment, don't have a lot of time to play.

Last edited:

scalman

anyone fond enemy inside bus ever ? it was first time for me.. at first i thought where the last guy ...i run arround checked all and then i heard him talk ...so i looked and hes inside buss.. he cant get out but he could move inside bus and hide from me some...it was funny though
7bQKcWA.jpg

zvamRlS.jpg

T-1000
UhmYFYH.jpg

many cool stuff in game if you search every corner
ipBP9fK.jpg

Last edited:
That's cool. Never had an enemy in a bus. I did have them spawn in a closed shipping container.

But the game recognized it after a few seconds and completed the world activity for me.

Have you guys seen the Hyenas Exotic SMG? Chatterbox or something like that? It's freaking insane.
I got it by mistake, I was not even looking for it ,but when I did the daily challenge mission,the bank one ,damn was so frustrating,when I got in the vault It seemed I had a hyena key on me and got the schematic,and when tried to build it it seemed I had all the component and I didn't even knew ,:)

bati

If this game had an option to buy more stash space I'd legit spring for the ultra mega deluxe bottomless bag combo.

voidenberg

I got the merciless exotic rifle. I thought it sucked. But it's actually good. Albeit unintuitive and awkward to use.
It shoots two bullets. One on trigger pull and one on release. The first bullet is the primer. The second, detonator. You can stack up to 5 primers in the same target. The detonator will cause an explosion on a primed enemy.
What's really awkward about it is how you need to shoot the second bullet away from your target until you're ready to blow it up.
As a demolitionist with a few explosive damage buffs on my gear the explosion is quite decent. It's funny killing elites without going through their armor first. Not the heavy armored big guys just to be clear.

By the way, why aren't any of the big armored enemies women? That's oddly sexist coming from ubisoft.

Lol. Some of you guys are fixated on this gender shit, but man, it would be kind of awesome if they looked like Ellie from Borderlands and said lude shit as they walked you down.

Verdanth

Is it just me or each time you enter the darkzone and exit stats get all fucked up?

Yesterday, after exiting the Dark zone all my gear had the same values, either it was equiped or not.

I'm not completely insensitive to overdoing political correctness, but Division 2 doesn't strike me as an offender.

I mean, I feel like the Borderland-style suicide bombers are more ridiculous than all the ladies with flamethrowers. :messenger_tongue:

Is it just me or each time you enter the darkzone and exit stats get all fucked up?

Yesterday, after exiting the Dark zone all my gear had the same values, either it was equiped or not.

Not sure I've noticed it. You know how you can switch the normalization on/off outside the DZ? Could that be it?

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
Did you claim a Uplay reward? I know I've claimed a few and never got anything in return, so maybe they've fixed it and are giving stuff out now?

Also

WT5 news inbound.

Last edited:

thief183

Yes, it is a little bit bugged, if you log back in it solves, it is not the normalization option, it is something different (if somone inpect you they see the real stats)

Top Bottom