• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

SeanTSC

"Exclusively not on Xbox One!"

dead2.gif

Oh man that live action skit was so on point. The "V-Trigger" " Rematch" portion is what got me. I could just see the marketing guy in the back nodding.

wiibomb

This episode was going good until that comercial came.. then it became splendid...

my goodness, I'm still laughing at kyle's kick scene.

but on another note, hasn't anyone noticed that the corrections section never came back? I really wanted to get in that background lol.

also, kyle has forsaken us, no gaf mug in the desk

wmlk

Someone should make a thread about the new episode. It has a great topic for discussion. He's completely right.

EDIT: Oh man, this is such a good episode. Just saw the bonus bit.

I didn't know there was a Pokemon Super Bowl advert until I watched The Final Bosman.

Truth be told, I still don't really know what the Super Bowl is. American 'Football' or summat. Maybe I should look into it... one day... when I give a shit.

udivision

I didn't know there was a Pokemon Super Bowl advert until I watched The Final Bosman.

Truth be told, I still don't really know what the Super Bowl is. American 'Football' or summat. Maybe I should look into it... one day... when I give a shit.

It's the "grand finals" of the NFL, the last game of the season.

Sblargh

Banned

It's the day americans cheer for their favorite TV commercials. Also there is some game or something to keep the tradition that a commercial is something that comes between segments of a program.
But it's basically about advertisement.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Why GameTrailers doesn't have the old episodes on his site and on the Youtube the playlist only have 101 episodes?

Skrams

Kyle kind of touched on it, but man, that pokemon commercial did fucking nothing for me. This is a big fucking moment to try and celebrate pokemon or to illicit emotions out of people like me who have played a good chunk of pokemon games. I got fucking nothing. I didn't have any feelings for the brand due to the commercial and nothing connected with me. This kid running on a hill lazily with a TV camera, this girl playing chess, and these guys playing football. The fuck. They had the right idea with hinting at pokemon and having the nods, but I just didn't like any of the things shown. I want to feel engagement with your brand like the grubby customer I am. I wanted to feel feelings and be like, fuck, pokemon is cool. Bad CG Pokemon didn't make me feel that.

What's so funny about the live action/cgi commericals is that they end up looking exactly the same as any commercials for mobile f2p games like Game of war, Clash of clans etc.

Graphics and gameplay are one of the biggest strength console and PC games have over those, and yet are these the things the publishers deliberately throw out.

I don't watch TV or the Superbowl, but I would assume those Clash of Clans or Game of War commercials reach a bigger audience even. I remember hearing those guys going head to head in advertising at the superbowl or in general or some other thing. It is pretty weird in the context of that because a regular human might not be able to tell the difference between Clash of Clans and Fallout 4 graphically or gameplay wise from their trailers. All they know is if the trailer was cool or not.

Good Stuff! Bosman has a strong streak going on! <3

But.. what!.. what!.. what!.. what!.. is this alternate-reality parappa-rapper episode stuff? What timeline is that then? Who IS the bosman who did that episode?!? If it is not the episode it was supposed to be then what is it?!? This is all too weird?

"I should apologise for last weeks thing..The video titled "I Don't like Parappa the Rapper 2" ....was not meant to be episode 192... This is episode 192.."

!!!! What ?!?!Are we really to believe this obvious cover up? Is this bosman even real bosman anymore?! The quality of the stuff keeps getting better, very suspicious!!?!! WHO IS THE REAL BOSMAN! THE INTERNET PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED TO KNOW THE TRUTH!!

Good Stuff! Bosman has a strong streak going on! <3

But.. what!.. what!.. what!.. what!.. is this alternate-reality parappa-rapper episode stuff? What timeline is that then? Who IS the bosman who did that episode?!? If it is not the episode it was supposed to be then what is it?!? This is all too weird?

!!!! What ?!?!Are we really to believe this obvious cover up? Is this bosman even real bosman anymore?! The quality of the stuff keeps getting better, very suspicious!!?!! WHO IS THE REAL BOSMAN! THE INTERNET PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED TO KNOW THE TRUTH!!

F7MSb.gif

Great episode this week. I too thought that Pokemon commercial was terrible. I felt the same way about the pokemon CG at the end too. I was expecting some huge reveal to make it all worthwhile and then we got those goofy looking monstrosities. Ugh.

Every time I see the title, "The Final Bosman", my heart sinks a little because I always read it as "The Final Final Bosman".

Now we don't even get that. :(

iNvid02

im not too worried about final bosman, this type of show feels like it could be revived and done elsewhere pretty easily/low budget. i hope they can find a way to keep the larger group together :/

Drencrom

im not too worried about final bosman, this type of show feels like it could be revived and done elsewhere pretty easily/low budget. i hope they can find a way to keep the larger group together :/

Yeah, Kyle will surely be back on his feet with a new revision of TFB. If only he could get together with Huber, Ian and the others at GT too

Man, I actually really wanted to see the follow up to the most recent episode (the history of video game controller buttons). I think he said it would've been either about analog stick or triggers.

Top Bottom