• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

Wow. This episode went all depressing on me. So good and masterful! Having attended gaming events like these in a smaller scale, it's really a mission to decide what you want to try out first no matter how close or far you are from the line.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Now that E3 is actually over this video was even sadder. Good stuff though.

I don't want or listen to any gaming related shows but I catch this every week. Very likable guy and good insights without being cynical. I'm a fan.

PaulloDEC

Great little episode. Particularly liked him wanting to get down from the Disney carriage.

Also, this:

6nq.gif

El-Suave

the kinect section is so good

Actually that's the most convincing Kinect 2 demo I've seen yet. All the crazy stuff he does and Kinect is tracking him pretty well as the screen in the back shows. Still not for me but I was a little impressed how well it's teacking the chaos. As far as the episode goes, beautiful stuff.

demidar

Actually that's the most convincing Kinect 2 demo I've seen yet. All the crazy stuff he does and Kinect is tracking him pretty well as the screen in the back shows. Still not for me but I was a little impressed how well it's teacking the chaos. As far as the episode goes, beautiful stuff.

Ideal conditions, don't forget that.

Ashtar

Wow. This episode went all depressing on me. So good and masterful! Having attended gaming events like these in a smaller scale, it's really a mission to decide what you want to try out first no matter how close or far you are from the line.

I concur, I've only been to one (PAX East) but I was like "dang I'm really just supposed to wait around in lines all day"
Great show

I was so hoping to run into him this year, I'm bummed I missed him! I just want to hug him. He's right though, it really is all lines... that Nintendo line they showed was 4 hours minimum (to then spin a wheel and see what prize you get)... no thanks. :I

I love Kyle Bosman's show , the guy is plain likeable, funny, and for a guy who is described as being wrong about gaming most of the time , his hindsight is spot on, especially when it comes to the big three's press conferences.

On a side note, whatever happenned with "Rollin with Nolan Bushnell" show ... I'm guessing it got canned . That guy was so out of touch it made even Pachter seem like a medium.

Burt

Looks like Shuhei is recruiting Bosman as a Sony press conference advisor: "I'd like an advice from Final Bosman for our Gamescom show. @KyleBosman"

https://mobile.twitter.com/yosp/status/346318804042792962
Advisor's probably a little strong of a term, even though it's technically accurate. Glad some executive saw that Bosman is pretty spot on with his analysis and ability to relate the feelings of gamers, though.

Ugh, I've been trying to not use the word gamer anymore, but what else would I put there? Core audience? I hate the term "core" even more than I dislike the term "gamer".

Does anyone else like that he wears a suit for his appearances? It makes him look like he takes this seriously and isn't a man-child who stumbled into a career even though he still does silly things. Plus it adds an air of professionalism that we don't see from other people who talk or write about video games.

Jac_Solar

I love Kyle Bosman's show , the guy is plain likeable, funny, and for a guy who is described as being wrong about gaming most of the time , his hindsight is spot on, especially when it comes to the big three's press conferences.

On a side note, whatever happenned with "Rollin with Nolan Bushnell" show ... I'm guessing it got canned . That guy was so out of touch it made even Pachter seem like a medium.

The "Guy whose opinion is wrong most of the time" is sort of weird. Was that put there to reinforce a guided notion that he doesn't necessarily know what he's talking about? To make him more likable? I don't think that's necessary. It seems to be a relic from when they first started making the show.

Advisor's probably a little strong of a term, even though it's technically accurate. Glad some executive saw that Bosman is pretty spot on with his analysis and ability to relate the feelings of gamers, though.

Ugh, I've been trying to not use the word gamer anymore, but what else would I put there? Core audience? I hate the term "core" even more than I dislike the term "gamer".

Core hardcore gamer?

Consumer?

Person-who-plays-games?

Bosman is indeed really likable and unique. He's humble, has a generous personality, and has a soothing voice. Isn't it sort of odd that such qualities are, apparently, exceedingly rare?

FluxWaveZ

The "Guy whose opinion is wrong most of the time" is sort of weird. Was that put there to reinforce a notion that he doesn't necessarily know what he's talking about? To make him more likable? I don't think that's necessary. It seems to be a relic from when they first started making the show.

I always saw it as a funny tagline that Bosman probably came up with himself.

Top Bottom