• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash - Official Trailer

Fuck this guy but.....I'll have to admit..it looks good like really good, none of that Black Adam/Shazam type of generic shit we usually get with DC.

Jennings

I like the Captain Marvel chick at the end.

Well, you can't say they aren't pulling out all the stops for this movie. Besides the cash, no wonder they're so hesitant to scrap it. Too bad it's for a dead universe now that James Gunn is on the scene.

Rox598

Not gonna watch it tbh

DC alone is in such a fucking mess in everyway but then on top of that the hypocrisy from them is pretty high imo

Gonna be a pass from me.

Doom85

Ben Affleck Batman, Michael Keaton Batman, General Zod (and Faora is supposed to return too), fuck yes. I’m not entirely sold on the Supergirl costume, think just making the top one color would have worked better, but still cool to finally have the character appear.

I’m kind of wondering if they’re keeping Reverse Flash a secret. Like, Zod and Faora are cool, but it would be redundant to have them as the only threat again. And since Reverse Flash was the main villain of the Flashpoint comic they’re basing it on, it would only make sense to have him appear.

kunonabi

As much as I like Keaton Batman this looks terrible. I'll bet super Girl stops Zod without killing him.

Ben Affleck Batman, Michael Keaton Batman, General Zod (and Faora is supposed to return too), fuck yes. I’m not entirely sold on the Supergirl costume, think just making the top one color would have worked better, but still cool to finally have the character appear.

I’m kind of wondering if they’re keeping Reverse Flash a secret. Like, Zod and Faora are cool, but it would be redundant to have them as the only threat again. And since Reverse Flash was the main villain of the Flashpoint comic they’re basing it on, it would only make sense to have him appear.

I wanted Faora to tie me up with rope and Snu Snu me everytime she showed up in Man of Steel 😏

They really did double down on Ezra Miller

Jake-Gyllenhaal.gif

Neolombax

This looks really good, almost like a Snyder movie with all the special effects. This is going to be the reset button I suppose to transition in Gunn's DC vision? Didnt expect to see Zod, or Batfleck.

FunkMiller

Can you post some in spoiler tags? You e got me intrigued.

Here's bullet points of the whole thing:

-
Terrorist attack on hospital. Mainly flash and batman but cameo by wonder woman at a bridge

-Barry visits dad at court, Bruce wayne follows in a car and speaks with Barry

-Barry goes back in time to save his mum, sees a collosseum time vortex with a creature following him, blacks out

-Wakes up thinking it was a dream

-Runs into other barry who explains its 2013 not 2022.

- Go to visit mum but other barry stops him before he can touch her

- Goes to lab to recreate accident so other barry can get powers

-Accident happens but leaves our barry without powers and other barry becomes the flash

-2022 barry wants to find the justice league, 2013 barry has no clue who they are

-Decide to find bruce wayne since he's the only one famous

-Find out its michael keaton and not batfleck

-Figure out that it's the exact same day zod invades earth from MoS

- They decide to go rescue superman before the military hand him over to zod

-Break into facility and find supergirl instead of superman

-Discuss that superman died on the way to earth, supergirl landed instead

- They prepare to fight, modern barry tries to recreate the accident at wayne manor with bruce but it fails. supergirl flys him into the sky and lightning strikes him into the ground he has powers again

- Cut to desert scene from MoS, they explain superman is dead and zod kills general manhunter. Decides to use the World Engine in the desert instead of the city

-Big fight happens with both flashes, supergirl, batkeaton, zod/kryptonians

-Batkeaton wounded, you assume he dies

-Modern Barry wants to go back to the future. goes back in time once more to put the can of soup back on the shelf

-Collosseum vortex thing again while barry goes back to the future. see the creature is actually future flash from crisis event. Because Barry put the can of soup back he learns that he avoided crisis and the future barry disappears

-normal timeline, henry alle is innocent, batkeaton shows up, supergirl shows up, hes like "wtf i put the can back how are you here?" and they say something like "well maybe you can explain it all to us" and the movie ends

-post credit scene with barry helping aquaman out of a bar while drunk, goes home finds a video message on his computer from batfleck saying he needs barrys help

...though some of it will be a bit changed, given how things have moved on at DC. All the DCEU cameos have been cut or heavily reduced, for instance.

Main worst things are dead Superman from the start (because fuck Superman as far as WB is concerned), the dumbass power swapping stuff, and the whole plot revolving around a can of tomatoes.

Some of this may have altered because of all the changes at DC, but the trailer pretty much confirms all of it. The same people who leaked this, leaked the entire plot of The Matrix Ressurections & Godzilla Vs Kong accurately. This leak is corroborated by ViewerAnon.

Last edited:

Kiwicha

Reminder Erza's pronouns are They/Them.
You should ban every discusion about this movie to not help give any cent to this wacko. Get on it Evilore.

Jaybe

Looks pretty good as far as capeshit goes, probably the best in the last two years aside from Spiderman NWH.

Doom85

Here's bullet points of the whole thing:

-
Terrorist attack on hospital. Mainly flash and batman but cameo by wonder woman at a bridge

-Barry visits dad at court, Bruce wayne follows in a car and speaks with Barry

-Barry goes back in time to save his mum, sees a collosseum time vortex with a creature following him, blacks out

-Wakes up thinking it was a dream

-Runs into other barry who explains its 2013 not 2022.

- Go to visit mum but other barry stops him before he can touch her

- Goes to lab to recreate accident so other barry can get powers

-Accident happens but leaves our barry without powers and other barry becomes the flash

-2022 barry wants to find the justice league, 2013 barry has no clue who they are

-Decide to find bruce wayne since he's the only one famous

-Find out its michael keaton and not batfleck

-Figure out that it's the exact same day zod invades earth from MoS

- They decide to go rescue superman before the military hand him over to zod

-Break into facility and find supergirl instead of superman

-Discuss that superman died on the way to earth, supergirl landed instead

- They prepare to fight, modern barry tries to recreate the accident at wayne manor with bruce but it fails. supergirl flys him into the sky and lightning strikes him into the ground he has powers again

- Cut to desert scene from MoS, they explain superman is dead and zod kills general manhunter. Decides to use the World Engine in the desert instead of the city

-Big fight happens with both flashes, supergirl, batkeaton, zod/kryptonians

-Batkeaton wounded, you assume he dies

-Modern Barry wants to go back to the future. goes back in time once more to put the can of soup back on the shelf

-Collosseum vortex thing again while barry goes back to the future. see the creature is actually future flash from crisis event. Because Barry put the can of soup back he learns that he avoided crisis and the future barry disappears

-normal timeline, henry alle is innocent, batkeaton shows up, supergirl shows up, hes like "wtf i put the can back how are you here?" and they say something like "well maybe you can explain it all to us" and the movie ends

-post credit scene with barry helping aquaman out of a bar while drunk, goes home finds a video message on his computer from batfleck saying he needs barrys help

...though some of it will be a bit changed, given how things have moved on at DC. All the DCEU cameos have been cut or heavily reduced, for instance.

Main worst things are dead Superman from the start (because fuck Superman as far as WB is concerned), the dumbass power swapping stuff, and the whole plot revolving around a can of tomatoes.

Some of this may have altered because of all the changes at DC, but the trailer pretty much confirms all of it. The same people who leaked this, leaked the entire plot of The Matrix Ressurections & Godzilla Vs Kong accurately. This leak is corroborated by ViewerAnon.

I’m not reading all of that, because you know some of us appreciate going into a film without everything spoiled, but:

So Superman is dead in the alternate timeline, so what? This is standard shit for an adaptation of Flashpoint, hell in the comic Bruce is shot as a child and his father Thomas becomes Batman. And we know Gunn is bringing in Superman in the new DCU.

This is a real stretch to claim Warner Bros. has a vendetta against Superman.

I’m not reading all of that, because you know some of us appreciate going into a film without everything spoiled, but:

So Superman is dead in the alternate timeline, so what? This is standard shit for an adaptation of Flashpoint, hell in the comic Bruce is shot as a child and his father Thomas becomes Batman. And we know Gunn is bringing in Superman in the new DCU.

You can never satisfy everyone and some people just love having a moan. Especially the cunt that posted the spoilers. Dude has issues with every movie so I wouldn't pay attention to anything he posts.

Go see a movie for yourself. No everything out there has to be Oscar nominated for you to enjoy it.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

You can never satisfy everyone and some people just love having a moan. Especially the cunt that posted the spoilers. Dude has issues with every movie so I wouldn't pay attention to anything he posts.

Go see a movie for yourself. No everything out there has to be Oscar nominated for you to enjoy it.

Grow up. Another guy literally asked me to post spoilers. And I double spoilered it all. If you're not adult enough to resist clicking on them, then that's on you.

And aren't you the dude that moaned I complain about everything? Bothered to look at any of my posts regarding things like The Last Of Us or Hogwart's Legacy?

No. Of course not. You just look at the threads of the crap you like. Not my fault if you have awful taste, champ.

FunkMiller

Either read the spoilers fully, and then engage, or don't and keep out of it. Bloody hell. Another poster asked me for them. What the hell does it have to do with you, or the other moaner?

Kacho

The CGI looks really bad. Flash looks like he’s sliding on ice and that super girl fight looked like She-Hulk. What happened?

Top Bottom