• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash - Official Trailer

Toons

Movie looks good. Im surprised its still being released but I guess they kinda have to rather than light a flame to 300 mil

intbal

I already saw this

YFWMb98.jpg

and it was awesome.

No need to see it again.

The CGI looks really bad. Flash looks like he’s sliding on ice and that super girl fight looked like She-Hulk. What happened?
Everything I'm looking at nowadays looks like shit compared to Avatar Way Of Water.

Cameron really ruined the bog standard CGI fest.

I’m only going to watch this for Keaton.

I like that they retained his Batman theme in the trailer. That's probably my favorite part.

Last edited:
I’m not reading all of that, because you know some of us appreciate going into a film without everything spoiled, but:

So Superman is dead in the alternate timeline, so what? This is standard shit for an adaptation of Flashpoint, hell in the comic Bruce is shot as a child and his father Thomas becomes Batman. And we know Gunn is bringing in Superman in the new DCU.

This is a real stretch to claim Warner Bros. has a vendetta against Superman.
Bullshit. Superman would not be dead in a standard Flashpoint adaptation.

OZ9000

This actually looks somewhat good. I am shocked. And I can't say no to more Batman. Not a fan of the supergirl haircut however - looks absolutely awful.

It's okay to cancel and boycott a video game because a woman is sticking up for women's rights... but not to cancel a movie starring a dude caught on camera assaulting a woman, and with a history of domestic and sexual abuse and harassment allegations levelled against him.

Who Knows Idk GIF by Dolly Parton
THEY was caught on camera assaulting a woman, with a history of domestic and sexual abuse and harassment allegations leveled against THEM, you terf bigot whore.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I wasn't expecting the reveal to look this good and I thought they canceled releasing the movie. :messenger_open_mouth:

They sank 200 million dollars into it. They couldn't cancel it. Even with it starting a scumbag. So now it’s the last death throes of a failed cinematic universe, that will awkwardly segue into a new version.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I hope they changed the ending during reshoots to align to the new Gunn DCU. I'm not thrilled with any of the Snyderverse imaginings really - like some of it was mediocre and merely OK, like MoS, but most of it tonally feels either dorky or weirdly edgelord - there's not much inbetween.

I just hope they don't lean too much into the multiverse going forward. Acknowledge it, use it sparingly, but I don't to end up with some disjointed DC film and TV universe again. It is so all over the place right now in a way that doesn't appear to cater to their audience fully.

Sony

Nintendo
This looks great. Great opportunity to set up timelines and brings all of DC's crap together. It's their Multiverse of Madness.

FunkMiller

I hope they changed the ending during reshoots to align to the new Gunn DCU. I'm not thrilled with any of the Snyderverse imaginings really - like some of it was mediocre and merely OK, like MoS, but most of it tonally feels either dorky or weirdly edgelord - there's not much inbetween.

I just hope they don't lean too much into the multiverse going forward. Acknowledge it, use it sparingly, but I don't to end up with some disjointed DC film and TV universe again. It is so all over the place right now in a way that doesn't appear to cater to their audience fully.

Seems like Gunn is pivoting away from multiverse stuff, with what he announced two weeks ago. The Batman and Joker exist off in Elseworlds, but everything else is going to be a fresh DCU. I doubt anything from this Flash movie will survive.

I think regardless is the issues around the lead actor and the movie studio apparently using the movie to junk the ongoing story and reset everything (which has been all over the place and thought out seemingly like a Star Wars trilogy 😬😂)

‘Yeah, I’m Batman…..’

Got me. Afraid that is this now on the watch list

(and like Indiana jones, the scenes shot in Glasgow have me curious)

If this movie gives me one more Battfleck scene and not just a Bruce Wayne moment then I’m happy.

I just want to see that Batman in action one more time.

Like in Batman v superman ?

The only time I can think of, where Batman went full Arkham asylum in the movies, during the warehouse scene 😎

That really worked for me and for once it didn’t feel like a cgi effect, or a man in a suit throwing stunt punches 👍

Trilobit

I got hyped. Had no interest beforehand, but this actually seems to be good. Atleast as long as it doesn't feel as crowded as Spiderman: No Way Home felt.

And I agree with OmegaSupreme. Makes me want a Tim Burton sequel.

Last edited:

sinnergy

I got hyped. Had no interest beforehand, but this actually seems to be good. Atleast as long as it doesn't feel as crowded as Spiderman: No Way Home felt.

And I agree with OmegaSupreme. Makes me want a Tim Burton sequel.
Just started rewatching Batman , Tim Burton , it’s funny , I think rock steady uses some for their inspiration on on asylum .

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
That Batman 89 theme still fucking slaps too. Better than anything dc or marvel has come up with in all the years since.

Last edited:

Jaybe

I like Keaton a lot in his recent work. Dove in to see why he had a hiatus after the 90s and came across this fun fact:

Keaton, a longtime Pittsburgh resident and fan of its sports teams, negotiated a break in his Batman movie contract in case the Pittsburgh Pirates made the playoffs that year, although they ultimately did not.

FeralEcho

If this movie gives me one more Battfleck scene and not just a Bruce Wayne moment then I’m happy.

I just want to see that Batman in action one more time.
He is there the trailer around the end in his batsuit fighting for like a frame.

Doom85

The trailer probably showed us all of Keaton in the Flash movie. That is his total screen time 7 seconds.

The fact that he’s with the two Barrys helping to rescue Supergirl obviously means he’s in the film at least a decent amount.

Bragr

Ah yes, alternate timelines so they can increase the cameos and generate more hype from trailers so people will go to the cinema and watch another bland movie, classic superhero stuff right here.

And why is that kid at 0:33 running like a complete fucking idiot?

ManaByte

The trailer probably showed us all of Keaton in the Flash movie. That is his total screen time 7 seconds.

He's in the movie for the majority of it. When Flash tries to change the past and gets knocked out of the speedforce, he lands in the Burton universe in 2013 where Zod is invading. Like 80% of the movie is set there aside from the very beginning and ending.

AJUMP23

He's in the movie for the majority of it. When Flash tries to change the past and gets knocked out of the speedforce, he lands in the Burton universe in 2013 where Zod is invading. Like 80% of the movie is set there aside from the very beginning and ending.
Oh cool sounds great, but you don't have to spoil the whole plot. :)

SJRB

Nice spoilers bro.

What the fuck are you doing?

the-flash-tv-spot-batman-suits.jpg
cool looks like we are going to see keaton batman’s batsuits from even BEFORE the continuity of the 89 movie
i hope they give alot of unknown details about the character as well. If you use your imagination, you can see what he would have worn in Tim Burton’s Batman 3. (looks like a regular batsuit, and some kind of underwater or gas mask batsuit)

Last edited:
the-flash-tv-spot-batman-suits.jpg
cool looks like we are going to see keaton batman’s batsuits from even BEFORE the continuity of the 89 movie
i hope they give alot of unknown details about the character as well. If you use your imagination, you can see what he would have worn in Tim Burton’s Batman 3. (looks like a regular batsuit, and some kind of underwater or gas mask batsuit)

Bot-man goes Ironman 3. I like the strapped to the hills Batsy on the left, cue the Hollywood-crosshands-double-pistol-shooting-jumping-backwards-in-slow-mo.

Now I wanna see Jokers join the fight at the last minute but as a tag team between Nicholson, Ledger & Phoenix. Why not? They've clearly got a surplus of CGI into this Flash movie. Screw it bring on CGI Adam West too.

FunkMiller

Bot-man goes Ironman 3. I like the strapped to the hills Batsy on the left, cue the Hollywood-crosshands-double-pistol-shooting-jumping-backwards-in-slow-mo.

Now I wanna see Jokers join the fight at the last minute but as a tag team between Nicholson, Ledger & Phoenix. Why not? They've clearly got a surplus of CGI into this Flash movie. Screw it bring on CGI Adam West too.

I personally won't be satisfied until they've put an all CGI Chris Reeves Superman in the movie, and had him make a joke about Instagram.

Sleepwalker

It looks alright but I mean it wont be great and the universe is dead, makes me feel like there's no point.

Also if this will reset things for the new DCU why the fuck is it coming out earlier than Aquaman? Thats gonna be awkward.

Like in Batman v superman ?

The only time I can think of, where Batman went full Arkham asylum in the movies, during the warehouse scene 😎

That really worked for me and for once it didn’t feel like a cgi effect, or a man in a suit throwing stunt punches 👍
That warehouse scene is the best thing to come out of the DCEU.

And nary a nipple in sight! Glad they didn't put the sonar suit and mr freeze suits or nipple suits there. I guess they are ignoring that continuity. All the suits are sans nipples.

ANDS

Thought gaf was racist. Now knows better, honorary gaffer 2022
Uhm. . .did we always know ZOD was the big bad in this (I believe it is DARKSEID in the comic version)? Because that is fucking fantastic. He got the short stick in MAN OF STEEL. Also there's an emo SUPERGIRL (who I'm not gonna lie, actually looks pretty bad ass).

. . .this might actually be a goodun.

Top Bottom