• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash - Official Trailer

Amiga

Here's bullet points of the whole thing:

-
Terrorist attack on hospital. Mainly flash and batman but cameo by wonder woman at a bridge

-Barry visits dad at court, Bruce wayne follows in a car and speaks with Barry

-Barry goes back in time to save his mum, sees a collosseum time vortex with a creature following him, blacks out

-Wakes up thinking it was a dream

-Runs into other barry who explains its 2013 not 2022.

- Go to visit mum but other barry stops him before he can touch her

- Goes to lab to recreate accident so other barry can get powers

-Accident happens but leaves our barry without powers and other barry becomes the flash

-2022 barry wants to find the justice league, 2013 barry has no clue who they are

-Decide to find bruce wayne since he's the only one famous

-Find out its michael keaton and not batfleck

-Figure out that it's the exact same day zod invades earth from MoS

- They decide to go rescue superman before the military hand him over to zod

-Break into facility and find supergirl instead of superman

-Discuss that superman died on the way to earth, supergirl landed instead

- They prepare to fight, modern barry tries to recreate the accident at wayne manor with bruce but it fails. supergirl flys him into the sky and lightning strikes him into the ground he has powers again

- Cut to desert scene from MoS, they explain superman is dead and zod kills general manhunter. Decides to use the World Engine in the desert instead of the city

-Big fight happens with both flashes, supergirl, batkeaton, zod/kryptonians

-Batkeaton wounded, you assume he dies

-Modern Barry wants to go back to the future. goes back in time once more to put the can of soup back on the shelf

-Collosseum vortex thing again while barry goes back to the future. see the creature is actually future flash from crisis event. Because Barry put the can of soup back he learns that he avoided crisis and the future barry disappears

-normal timeline, henry alle is innocent, batkeaton shows up, supergirl shows up, hes like "wtf i put the can back how are you here?" and they say something like "well maybe you can explain it all to us" and the movie ends

-post credit scene with barry helping aquaman out of a bar while drunk, goes home finds a video message on his computer from batfleck saying he needs barrys help

...though some of it will be a bit changed, given how things have moved on at DC. All the DCEU cameos have been cut or heavily reduced, for instance.

Main worst things are dead Superman from the start (because fuck Superman as far as WB is concerned), the dumbass power swapping stuff, and the whole plot revolving around a can of tomatoes.

Some of this may have altered because of all the changes at DC, but the trailer pretty much confirms all of it. The same people who leaked this, leaked the entire plot of The Matrix Ressurections & Godzilla Vs Kong accurately. This leak is corroborated by ViewerAnon.

Gunn said the movie would reset the DCMU. so they could have made much more changes at the end.

The reset gimmick is the worst aspect of comics. using it in movie universe will damage comic book movies further.

TuxedoSammy

Banned
I may be unjustly critical, but do people actually like The Flash? I presume that's why they had to lace it with not only Batman, but an OG, likable Batman.

I've personally never found The Flash an interesting character or design, and this writing looks like they bought-off a Marvel writer, but I'm assuming based on a three-minute trailer.

Nop, doesn't look like the writer has done any Marvel from a brisk search, but now I'm curious to watch Shut In.

TuxedoSammy

Banned
It's okay to cancel and boycott a video game because a woman is sticking up for women's rights... but not to cancel a movie starring a dude caught on camera assaulting a woman, and with a history of domestic and sexual abuse and harassment allegations levelled against him.

Who Knows Idk GIF by Dolly Parton
Oh shit, I've been under a rock.......

Doom85

I may be unjustly critical, but do people actually like The Flash?

Yes It Is Kanye GIF

-best character in the Justice League cartoon
-the best character (Wally) and another pretty strong character (Bart) in the Young Justice cartoon, and the episode focusing on all four members of the Flash family was my favorite
-Geoff Johns’ run with Wally West was great in the comics. I know there have been other great runs like Mark Ward’s, I just haven’t read them yet. Also, Wally was a main member of Teen Titans during the run of the 80’s that is considered not only the best TT run but one of the best DC runs of that decade

The character has lasted for decades for a reason. And yes, two Batmans are in the film. As is Supergirl, Zod, and Faora. This is on brand for an adaptation of Flashpoint, where Barry is the lead but it does feature an ensemble cast of heroes and villains.

TuxedoSammy

Banned
Yes It Is Kanye GIF

-the best character (Wally) and another pretty strong character (Bart) in the Young Justice cartoon, and the episode focusing on all four members of the Flash family was my favorite
-Geoff Johns’ run with Wally West was great in the comics. I know there have been other great runs like Mark Ward’s, I just haven’t read them yet. Also, Wally was a main member of Teen Titans during the run of the 80’s that is considered not only the best TT run but one of the best DC runs of that decade

The character has lasted for decades for a reason. And yes, two Batmans are in the film. As is Supergirl, Zod, and Faora. This is on brand for an adaptation of Flashpoint, where Barry is the lead but it does feature an ensemble cast of heroes and villains.
ic

Yeah, he would have to be pretty popular to have a successful comic series, TV show, movie, etc. I think I'm just used to self-titled superhero films being origin stories with no or very minute cameos of other superheroes/allies. I'm just a hater.

IDKFA

Yes It Is Kanye GIF

Serious question, because I know next to nothing about DC and the Flash.

I know this is based on a comic run called Flashpoint. I also know they adapted this to an animated film. Now, I haven't seen the film, but saw random clips on YT to try and get a sense of the story and it was just..........bizarre.

The flash got jacked off by (I assume this is reverse flash?) at super speed just so the Flash would think he nutted at just the touch of a woman? What were they thinking? I also hope they show this in the film.

Dural

Serious question, because I know next to nothing about DC and the Flash.

I know this is based on a comic run called Flashpoint. I also know they adapted this to an animated film. Now, I haven't seen the film, but saw random clips on YT to try and get a sense of the story and it was just..........bizarre.

The flash got jacked off by (I assume this is reverse flash?) at super speed just so the Flash would think he nutted at just the touch of a woman? What were they thinking? I also hope they show this in the film.

That's not the scene from the movie, nothing about him jerking him off in the actual scene. LOL.

Top Bottom