• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I PC Features Trailer- Ultra-Wide Support, Left Behind, and More

Draugoth

The Last of Us Part I arrives on PC March 28, 2023 via Steam and the Epic Games Store. Ahead of TLOU Part I's launch later this month, get a sneak peek at some of The Last of Us Part I's PC features, such as the inclusion of the "Left Behind" DLC story chapter, Photo Mode, Ultra-Wide Support (for both 21:9 Ultrawide and 32:9 Super Ultrawide aspect ratios), 3D audio*, and more. *3D Audio requires compatible stereo headphones or speakers.

FqyxG-XWwAAiUzT

Last edited:

Gaiff

They let the interns do this again? A 5800 XT isn't a thing.

Looks a little high those specs, but not surprising.
They're consistent with Uncharted 4's specs. Need something a lot more powerful than a PS5 GPU to run it at equivalent settings on PC. I imagine it's a combination of Naughty Dog being arguably their best developers from a technical standpoint+the engine being tailor-made for PS consoles+PC overhead.

PS5 does 1440p/60 with what I imagine to be High settings on PC so on the level of a 2080 Ti/3070 just like in Uncharted 4.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

They let the interns do this again? A 5800 XT isn't a thing.
yeah lol clearly meant to be 5700 xt

Looks a little high those specs, but not surprising.
They're consistent with Uncharted 4's specs. Need something a lot more powerful than a PS5 GPU to run it at equivalent settings on PC. I imagine it's a combination of Naughty Dog being arguably their best developers from a technical standpoint+the engine being tailor-made for PS consoles+PC overhead.

Kataploom

Yes, almost in line with other currenty gen only games (Dead Space, A Plague Tale: Requiem), tho the later isn't too optimized. For some reason Sony games have a bit higher requirements on PC than other games... In most games seems like PS5 is around 6600 to 6600 XT in performance (see Returnal) but this game seems to demand more, let's see how it goes...

AndrewRyan

Starting to see it more often but interesting Performance and Ultra recommend 32Gb RAM. Also surprised Ultra is 60fps with a 4090 instead of 120 but maybe that's standard.

Good to see it requires an ssd as I think that was a big reason it wasnt on ps4 right?

I'm locked in and ready. Wonder if it runs on steam deck!

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Starting to see it more often but interesting Performance and Ultra recommend 32Gb RAM. Also surprised Ultra is 60fps with a 4090 instead of 120 but maybe that's standard.

They list a 4080 for 4k/60 with no upscaling. I bet a 4090 will do 4k DLSS 120 no problem. I wonder if they are doing frame generation.

Looks like 8GB GPUs will be VRAM limited at native 4K and maybe even with DLSS. Only time will tell. I'd love to play at native 4K 30 FPS not only to play the game, but also to compare it to PS5 version - which is not running at native 4K on the PS5.

Last edited:
Game is amazing and miles better than the show.

If you've never played it do yourself a favor, it's well worth the money.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I'm debating double dipping.. or quintupple dipping technically since I own so many Playstation versions lol

I never got into the game really until the show.. and while I HATE 50% of it, I really like the shooting.. it's the best part of the game, and I do think I'd like it even more on PC.

Cool, that’s all I needed to know that I should upgrade to 32GB RAM as more games are probably going to recommend this later in the year.

Not sure this is the best thread to ask but I was looking at getting another Corsair Vengeance set but going for two 16GB rather than another two 8GB and then just selling on my current pair. I see no need to fill all four slots to get 48GB when I could sell it on to make some money back.

Not sure if anyone here could advise but I’m currently using 3600mhz with my 12700K. Anyone got recommendations for DDR4? I don’t want to spend over £90 if at all possible. Too many different timings and bits that I don’t understand. Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Cool, that’s all I needed to know that I should upgrade to 32GB RAM as more games are probably going to recommend this later in the year.

Not sure this is the best thread to ask but I was looking at getting another Corsair Vengeance set but going for two 16GB rather than another two 8GB and then just selling on my current pair. I see no need to fill all four slots to get 48GB when I could sell it on to make some money back.

Not sure if anyone here could advise but I’m currently using 3600mhz with my 12700K. Anyone got recommendations for DDR4? I don’t want to spend over £90 if at all possible. Too many different timings and bits that I don’t understand. Any help would be much appreciated!

What motherboard do you have?

rodrigolfp

Gamepads 4 Life
DX12 that didn't exist when that tweet happened, also introduced low level GPU access.

Which one is better / worse and how to quantify that against what PS provides is certainly up for question.

But using quotes from 2014 is kinda.. eh lol
So far every Vulkan game has better performance than DX12. Also emulators have Vulkan as the faster render.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Dat Ultrawide support.......
QIAfrqr.png

Im guessing they are expecting to be at the limits of 8GB VRAM at 1440p which is why they listed the RTX 2080Ti instead of the RTX 3070.
4K might also be eating cuz id think a 3080Ti would get us past that.
Anyway....all in to replay this (havent actually played TLOU since the OG PS3 release).

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I believe it’s an MSI Z690 but it only supports DDR4 unfortunately.

You should find out exactly what motherboard you have then just buy the fastest DDR4 you can for it. Should be able to see in the BIOS menu. RAM is pretty cheap now.

Last edited:
You should find out exactly what motherboard you have then just buy the fastest DDR4 you can for it. Should be able to see in the BIOS menu. RAM is pretty cheap now.
Yeah it’s an MSI Z690 Wi-Fi 6.

Looking at the Corsair Vengeance as I already have that and it seems good. Not sure I’ll see any difference with some of that really expensive stuff.

yurinka

Also sounds like ND did the port themselves. Guess well know when the credits roll.
Seems that the Visual Arts team from San Diego pitched the remake, started being the lead team of the project and made most of it. ND was on a support and supervisor role until Hermen got his current position, learnt about the project, didn't like its progress and asked them to swith to their traditional roles (ND as lead and Visual Arts as support) to complete the development of the remake. So I'd bet that the visual arts also ported it.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
So far every Vulkan game has better performance than DX12. Also emulators have Vulkan as the faster render.
I certainly prefer when a game has Vulkan.

And I also certainly believe Playstation is the most efficient combo of API/hardware on the planet, even if Vulkan is better than DirectX it's not better than PS5 or anything.

Just also think we need more updated opinions form folks doing work across the 2 domains to really know where we are at in 2023 on these topics, not 2014 lol.

Last edited:

EN250

What's the consensus over this game? Are PC gamers hyped for this or are we looking at another Returnal in terms of hype/sales?

RobRSG

If PS5 can do 4K 30, a 3080 10GB with a reasonable CPU can pull out 60 easily at the same quality. That’s the rule of thumb lately.

Not sure about Ultra, but I doubt the PS5 is doing Ultra, so…

Top Bottom