• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mandalorian | Season 3 Official Trailer | Disney+

Ammogeddon

Another great episode. So many great bits.

They totally leaned into Lord of the rings with the mines and goblins. I loved the weird General Grievous cyborg, hope they stick around.

xClout

Not the best of Mando, but the croc fight at least looked good (though you'd expect a bunch o'Mandos to have heavier firepower) and the space fight was ok. WTF was that pirate captain, space Davey Jones? Guess we'll see more of him. Rubbing out Dune that way as well, at least they mentioned her.

It was Craig covered in seaweed

74183_4_xbox-rolls-with-the-punches-embraces-halo-craig-meme-as-new-mascot.jpg

Mossybrew

Man, this show, wtf.
- Makes a big deal of how he needs his IG droid back. Turns out, fuckit, this old astromech droid is fine. Just need to test the air, which u think would be so common in this universe a simple handheld device could do it
- The spit roast he's stuck in is so sturdily built that Grogu cant do shit? This is Grogu after training with Luke? Really?
- Why is Mando so fucking incompetent. Struggles against primitive cave ogres. Falls into traps. Almost drowns somehow.
+ The design of the mech alien was really cool.

The_hunter

Episode 2, overall I thought it was good, good fight scenes. It has a really high budget.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

So, that thing Mando saw at the end...

It's one of these things, right?
mandalorian-skull-pewter-mini-sculpture_star-wars_square_sm.jpg

Been waiting ages to find out what that thing is. I wasn't expecting them to go there with the plot but I'm super excited to see how it plays out.

These new series have really been expanding and filling out the SW universe in a fantastical way. Giant beasts, Jedi academy, Mon Mothma, Coruscant politics fuckery, the first seeds of the rebellion, prisons that are essentially slave labor (and I'm assuming they were building parts for the Death Star), hyper space whales, fleshing out the Tusken Raiders with a Boba Fett story arc tie-in, hinting at more Ahsoka plot, etc. SW has been on a good run lately.

I would really love a super dark Vader series with Hayden Christensen in the suit again. Show all the destruction and carnage he wreaked across the galaxy, but also have themes of his internal struggle and how his destructiveness is mirroring what's going on inside his head. Perhaps he is still searching for a way to bring Padme back to life. Maybe even show how Vader and the Emperor didn't always see eye to eye, which could make Vader's ultimate betrayal of the Emperor make even more sense. But mostly, let's just see Vader being one of the most bad ass force users in the entire franchise. A full 8 episodes of him showing what the dark side is fully capable of would be so much fun to watch.

ItsGreat

So, that thing Mando saw at the end...

It's one of these things, right?
mandalorian-skull-pewter-mini-sculpture_star-wars_square_sm.jpg

Been waiting ages to find out what that thing is. I wasn't expecting them to go there with the plot but I'm super excited to see how it plays out.

These new series have really been expanding and filling out the SW universe in a fantastical way. Giant beasts, Jedi academy, Mon Mothma, Coruscant politics fuckery, the first seeds of the rebellion, prisons that are essentially slave labor (and I'm assuming they were building parts for the Death Star), hyper space whales, fleshing out the Tusken Raiders with a Boba Fett story arc tie-in, hinting at more Ahsoka plot, etc. SW has been on a good run lately.

I would really love a super dark Vader series with Hayden Christensen in the suit again. Show all the destruction and carnage he wreaked across the galaxy, but also have themes of his internal struggle and how his destructiveness is mirroring what's going on inside his head. Perhaps he is still searching for a way to bring Padme back to life. Maybe even show how Vader and the Emperor didn't always see eye to eye, which could make Vader's ultimate betrayal of the Emperor make even more sense. But mostly, let's just see Vader being one of the most bad ass force users in the entire franchise. A full 8 episodes of him showing what the dark side is fully capable of would be so much fun to watch.

It's a kids show designed to keep people hanging on to their subscriptions. Your Vader fantasy is never going to happen.

BlackTron

Short episodes with minimal story advancement. I think I'm done with this now.

I still need to catch the episode later today but this reminds me of how I felt in S1 with a lot of seemingly filler episodes that ended up coming together pretty nicely. It got a lot of flak on the net on an ep-by-ep airing basis. So who knows. Maybe wait until they are all out and then check the overall consensus.

Kev Kev

It's a kids show designed to keep people hanging on to their subscriptions. Your Vader fantasy is never going to happen.
Before Andor I would have said the same. That show isn't really geared toward kids as much as the others. Plus, they could make a Vader series and keep it PG-13. I'm not talking about blood and guts here.

Interfectum

Great episode I just wish they didn't make Mando look like such a helpless bitch for Bo-Katan to save him not once but twice. Zero survival skills this episode.

Spyxos

I watched season 2 again last month and it was very good even after Andor. I can't get into season 3 at all. The first episode was just boring the second I liked more but it wasn't anything special.

The series doesn't know where it's going. Almost everything that happened in the first episode is unimportant in the second episode. In addition, you have to have seen Boba Fett to know what happened in the meantime.

BlackTron

It still has to lead to The Last Jedi so don't get your hopes up Grogu will make some huge difference. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Luke showed up to save everyone's asses in spectacular fashion; Last Jedi still happened. It's 20-30 years out, so they can get away with a lot.

ADiTAR

Oy, after Andor this is hard to watch. Literally everything is explained to you "This is this", "That's that", "See there, that's thing".

Give me some break, or know how to build things in visual storytelling. Like if they are in the city center, show buildings that look like it. If that was a civilization ruined, it just looked like nothing.

And like pervasively said, what was the point of the first episode. This is bad writing.

Mossybrew

Like if they are in the city center, show buildings that look like it. If that was a civilization ruined, it just looked like nothing.
Yeah that was a missed opportunity to show something cool, instead they just went with generic ruined buildings that could have been anywhere.

NickFire

I'm excited to see what comes next. But part 2 had me scratching my head.

1- Grogu needs to grow up a little faster. Or at least use a language we cannot understand but on screen characters can. He's probably older than me, and was being trained as a Jedi like 30 years before show started. Any PTSD keeping him from talking should start wearing off.

2. Why send a droid to take readings far from the ship? Can't he take those readings from on the ship?

3. Mando needs to be a hero, not a princess in distress.

4. Did the helmets change or did I miss something? How did his helmet pressurize? Since when are they sealed?

DKehoe

I'm excited to see what comes next. But part 2 had me scratching my head.

1- Grogu needs to grow up a little faster. Or at least use a language we cannot understand but on screen characters can. He's probably older than me, and was being trained as a Jedi like 30 years before show started. Any PTSD keeping him from talking should start wearing off.
I always figured Grogu is his age but level of maturity because of the rate his species ages, not due to PTSD. Also, that character is the golden goose, particularly because of his cuteness, so there’s a good chance they don’t mess with that formula anytime soon.

Batiman

I’m loving the latest episode. Not every show has have a straight focused story. I like that this show is different in that way. Like a Saturday morning cartoon with little individual stories that slowly lead to the main feast.

I loved Andor and its arguably the best SW content in years but I feel this show captures the SW vibe more. Cheesy simple story with cool characters that any age group can get enjoy. Sounds cheesy to say it like that, but that’s what SW always has been.

I’m happy to have both styles in the SW universe and I wouldn’t want all of SW to be like Andor despite how great it was

jason10mm

I've kinda lost track of the Dark Saber through Book of Fett and whatnot, but has Bo Katan now satisfied whatever weird ritualistic laws govern how to claim it and she now has full possession of it?

And the writers REALLY gotta start showing and accounting for the passage of time. If Mandalore is really just a 20 minute jump to Bo's palace planet then why wouldn't folks know it is habitable? Making the entire galaxy 30 minutes from everyplace really shrinks everything doen too much. I don't need a Tolkeinesque level of detail about moon phases but at the very least show that it can take days tow eeks to reach some of these places. Mando looks/feels like he is riding the subway across town!

BlackTron

Short episodes with minimal story advancement. I think I'm done with this now.

I finally got around to watching it last night and wow. After reading this I wasn't expecting anything important to happen in the story. I'm shocked you could say that when Mando literally bathed in the living waters beneath the mines of Mandalore!!!

BlackTron

I’m loving the latest episode. Not every show has have a straight focused story. I like that this show is different in that way. Like a Saturday morning cartoon with little individual stories that slowly lead to the main feast.

That's how Cowboy Bebop did it and that show seems to have done ok. I also liked the episode.

Top Bottom