• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo DS: Still a Piece of Shit

Zaptruder

Banned
Between the dead pixels on the PSP and Advance Wars DS when its released on the DS... I'm kinda hard pressed to pick a winner...

Ah who am I kidding... goddamn PSPs won't come out here until september or october. :(

Mrbob

Odnetnin said:
All hail.

kenkan5ew.jpg

Belfast

JasoNsider said:
Well it's not really about moral guidance so much as it is about a push for consistency. Had a junior member started this thread, even with just intentions to get people all pissy, he would be banned on spot. Had somebody posted a thread about how shit PSP is, you would probably ban him on spot, no?

I love visiting this board, but I wouldn't mind knowing exactly what constitutes "stepping out of line", you know?

In short: there's nothing wrong with being an asshole, just don't be a STUPID asshole. Though I agree wholeheartedly with Drinky's opinions, its sort of a running gag at this point. YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. And yet, each time, people fall for the bait and pay for it. Bonus points for making it funny.

Slo

That announcement is the most hilariously awesome announcement in the history of announcements. :lol

NINTENDO FANS OF AUSTRALIA MUST PAY!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Speevy is banned, but he got banned in thread I thought.

Interesting. Crazy australians.

Wonder if Kiwis can still register, wouldn't be surprised if our IP is similar and what have you....

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
This thing is only good because it must just be pissing off the guy who did it SO bad. I assume that's why it's being done.

Not that that excuses other actions in the past, but I'm gonna have to support this one since seeing the announcement.

Oxymoron

Odnetnin said:
Mongoloid? I take it he/she was asian?

I think mongoloid is just asecret code word for stupid.
For example: "Mongoloids, being too mentally deficient to pay attention to two screens at once, play PSP."

Belfast said:
In short: there's nothing wrong with being an asshole, just don't be a STUPID asshole. Though I agree wholeheartedly with Drinky's opinions, its sort of a running gag at this point. YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. And yet, each time, people fall for the bait and pay for it. Bonus points for making it funny.

Your reply just made it more confusing though. This logic is kind of backwards, don't you think? The joker at school didn't get off easy because the teacher "should know what to expect" when he throws a piece of chalk into another kid's eye. He gets sent to the office immediately and possibly worse.

So what's worse really? The person trying really hard to stir the pot, or the person eternally falling for the bait? Both ends are pretty bad really.

Odnetnin

Banned
I have to say as an aussie... I think its odd that anyone could be so pro Nintendo (so says Odnetnin). They fucked up royally here and if it weren't for the fact that I imported my cube and am a multi-console owner. I'd more easily hate them than not. Slow Pal releases, raped hardware, godawful retail presence... The only title I've bought for my Indigo Pal cube in the last 2 years is Konga and that was to save postage on the drums.

Was it Smiley and Cries (the drinky puppy club guy?). I am curious. SantaCruzer's not from Australia. Is Speevy from Australia? Can someone find that website with the globe where you can see where GAFFERs are from?

Can we have a NBot rollcall?

android

Theoretical Magician
Oxymoron said:
For example: "Mongoloids, being too mentally deficient to pay attention to two screens at once, play PSP."
Actually people with Down's Syndrome were called Mongoloids.

Oxymoron

JasoNsider said:
Your reply just made it more confusing though. This logic is kind of backwards, don't you think? The joker at school didn't get off easy because the teacher "should know what to expect" when he throws a piece of chalk into another kid's eye. He gets sent to the office immediately and possibly worse.

So what's worse really? The person trying really hard to stir the pot, or the person eternally falling for the bait? Both ends are pretty bad really.

This is clearly serious business on the internet.

Odnetnin

Banned
Oxymoron said:

now that's just racist.

demi

Odnetnin said:
Was it Smiley and Cries (the drinky puppy club guy?).

Most definitely NOT. The Drinky Puppy Club does not endorse or condone to any negative actions against a person or multiple persons in any way shape or form.

He's also not from Australia, dork.

That analogy isn't accurate. The joker in this case is the principal. And he has a gun.

Also in the analogy i'm the new pope. And I have guns too.

Belfast

JasoNsider said:

I don't know what school you went to, but at the ones I attended, the class jokers usually got off clean or with a minor slap on the wrist once in awhile. They had the charisma and innate intelligence to pull it off and that's the point.

[insert Drinky comments here]

[insert Drinky attention here]

[insert n-fan 1000 word argument here]

[insert Drinky 4 word half-sentence snide here]

[insert MAF's tap on Drinky's back comment here]

[insert what should not have been inserted here]

[insert banning, hence fun, here]

[insert nintendogs love/hate here]

It's a party. A mario party. ahh...

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
The DS is pretty stupid but when castlevania comes out i know i'll get one, damn you konami.
I also have zero interest in the psp, but when emulators start showing up for it the thing will be godly.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
You'd think with all that trolling he does, Drinky would at least be a competent troll. It's not like it's that hard of a job, especially if there's no way you can get banned.

Kon Tiki

Banned
What does this mean? Some of us in the administration love Nintendo's games, but we can safely agree that we HATE THE RABID FANS
There is something I can agree with. Why limit it to Nintendo fans though? Targeting one group will just raise the chance of another attack. Why not kill all fanboys?

Yeah...DS is pretty much a POS...but I can play GBA games on it!

Off-topic: PM me the name of the poster who brought down the forum. Privacy policies be damned in this instance. Just curious.

duckroll

Society said:
There is something I can agree with. Why limit it to Nintendo fans though? Targeting one group will just raise the chance of another attack. Why not kill all fanboys?

Because nintendo fanboyism resulted the someone going postal on GAF and directly causing the rollback? It's it obvious? It's war! :lol

Society said:

Are you an idiot? Sony fanboys dont exist

Odnetnin

Banned
Oh now this thread is going nowhere. Without giving the real name away. Who was the chap? (userid please)

was it that xbox receipt guy?

Mama Smurf

You're trying to justify something that is in no way reasonable, as reasonable. Just...don't bother! Look at Mike Works reply and Drinky's and MAF's, that's the way to go about it. There's no way you could argue that banning people for talking positively about the DS or not letting in Australians is a fair reaction to the guy who hacked the forum being from Australia and doing it because some posters don't like Nintendo's direction.

But that's ok. It's not about fair.

Belfast said:
I don't know what school you went to, but at the ones I attended, the class jokers usually got off clean or with a minor slap on the wrist once in awhile. They had the charisma and innate intelligence to pull it off and that's the point.

Either you're just trying to push buttons here or you completely missed my point.

Anyway, it's pretty obvious that the administration here is pretty worked up right now and probably aren't in the right mood to be accepting criticism.

pilonv1

Azelover said:
I've seen this all before with Dreamcast/PS2.

Both Dreamcast and PS2 had great games and weren't stunted technology wise. Also Dreamcast was awesome. This analogy is flawed.

Belfast

Mama Smurf said:
You're trying to justify something that is in no way reasonable, as reasonable. Just...don't bother! Look at Mike Works reply and Drinky's and MAF's, that's the way to go about it. There's no way you could argue that banning people for talking positively about the DS or not letting in Australians is a fair reaction to the guy who hacked the forum being from Australia and doing it because some posters don't like Nintendo's direction.

But that's ok. It's not about fair.

It wasn't a justification (though, for the record, it doesn't bother me). It was an explanation, rather, because questions like those posed by Jason continually come up and yet some people never seem to "get it." I was just trying to answer his questions..

fallout

Society said:
While I do agree with you somewhat, I still think that rabid Nintendo fans are the worst. They're just so annoying. Of course maybe it's just has something to do with making me (and other supporters) look bad.

It's like when the US does something stupid. If you're an American, you groan about it, but you're still an American.

Mike Works said:
That analogy isn't accurate. The joker in this case is the principal. And he has a gun.

Also in the analogy i'm the new pope. And I have guns too.

Somehow I feel good about the new GAF.

oh and Mike?

RAWK!

bp06.jpg

TheDuce22

Banned
Most of this DS hate is just a result of PSP owners trying to justify the 400+ bucks they spent on a handheld to play 3 year old console games.

Mama Smurf

Well if that's the case, I can't honestly say I can remember a time when people were banned so easily over basically nothing. This isn't like being warned not to say certain phrases which can easily be avoided. Unless I've completely missed something somehow, this is pretty new. So people "getting it" first time seems a little unfair.

etiolate

Banned
fallout said:
While I do agree with you somewhat, I still think that rabid Nintendo fans are the worst. They're just so annoying. Of course maybe it's just has something to do with making me (and other supporters) look bad.

It's like when the US does something stupid. If you're an American, you groan about it, but you're still an American.

Actually, I respect the Nfans for at least being honest about it. And to a degree they aren't as bad because they do have emotional attachment and expectations, which means they will criticise, just overreact in doing so.

Top Bottom