• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo DS: Still a Piece of Shit

I have all 3 consoles and love gaming on all 3...well more so on the cube and ps2 over the box.

but, i despise microsoft, hate sony....and ninty; well i still got some residual love from the old days that's hard to wash away with mistakes....but it's getting there. i love gaming regardless of my take on any of the 3 companies anyway.

but so far DS does suck....maybe over summer it'll improve. but that doesn't detract from the fact that i think the psp is also quite shoddy, but again room for improvement. meh, i'm not even a handheld gamer; screw this.

pilonv1

TheDuce22 said:
Most of this DS hate is just a result of PSP owners trying to justify the 400+ bucks they spent on a handheld to play 3 year old console games.

Better than $200+ to play 8 year old console ports with inferior control schemes.

Socreges

Banned
Stop the hate, begin the healing.

I'm sorry but with so many Nintendo fans at GAF and with so many others insistent on arbitrarily criticizing/trolling Nintendo (as if to 'get back at' the fans), the vicious cycle will never end. Unless Nintendo goes the way of Sega, of course, and the fans just disperse. So, pray for that day. I mean, unless Nintendo making quality games is more important to you than the implications of posts on a message board from ZeldaFan298 or whomever -- but really, only a Nintendo fan would be so ridiculous! lolol

Belfast

I'm having trouble figuring out what games out of MGA, Wipeout Pure, Lumines, Untold Legends, and Ridge Racers I can find on my old consoles. Can you help me? :(

krypt0nian said:
Somehow I feel good about the new GAF.

oh and Mike?

RAWK!

bp06.jpg
That's the SWORD POPE, YOU HACK

I'M THE GUN POPE

Pimpwerx

PSP is overpriced, and the DS is a piece of crap. But seriously...WTF? How many more months before E3, much less system launches? It's kinda early for this nonsense. PEACE.

Ranger X

First thing that is wrong: Loving a system or a brand name.
Second thing that is wrong: trying to get rid of fanboys with hate posts/thread (will lead into MOTIVATION for fanboys that we don't want to see here).
Third thing that is wrong: I'm entertained alot by Drinky and MAF threads.

Belfast

Mama Smurf said:
Well if that's the case, I can't honestly say I can remember a time when people were banned so easily over basically nothing. This isn't like being warned not to say certain phrases which can easily be avoided. Unless I've completely missed something somehow, this is pretty new. So people "getting it" first time seems a little unfair.

Seriously, you've been here for a few years now and haven't seen anything like this? I don't know about "banning all Australians" or whatever, I'm talking about creating bait threads like this and banning the people that fall for it. If you're offended by the Australians thing, I can understand that, but the bait and switch routine is as old as the internet!

"Would someone give a message to Mike Works in that "DS sucks" thread, that I don't deserve that banning and he knows it. I didn't see the warning. Honestly. And I didn't read the announcement either. I would really appreciate it."

from speevy with love <3

Odnetnin

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
PSP is overpriced, and the DS is a piece of crap. But seriously...WTF? How many more months before E3, much less system launches? It's kinda early for this nonsense. PEACE.

PSP can pricedrop but DS will still be a piece of crap

its easy to Nintentroll tm.

Drinky needs to get these:

nds-meteos-jap.jpg

B0007XQ3Z6.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Belfast said:
Seriously, you've been here for a few years now and haven't seen anything like this? I don't know about "banning all Australians" or whatever, I'm talking about creating bait threads like this and banning the people that fall for it. If you're offended by the Australians thing, I can understand that, but the bait and switch routine is as old as the internet!

Wow, you're really not helping things. Not only did you use the term "bait and switch" in the wrong context, but you're now pushing for more threads like this one.

I've been coming to this place for quite a long time, and the last thing I would want to see is it degenerate into petty "bait" thread nonsense. Nintendo fanboys are bloody annoying to be sure, but two wrongs are not going to make a right in this case.

tetsuoxb

This incident proves once again that Australia is full of criminals and vagabonds.

Despite our political differences, I support Drinky in his neo-fascist attempts to shit on those who caused this mess, and hereby swear to play "Game Over Yeah!!!!!" from Sega Rally each time he bans someone!

Go Drinky!

demi

Odnetnin said:
PSP can pricedrop but DS will still be a piece of crap

its easy to Nintentroll tm.

Drinky needs to get these:

nds-meteos-jap.jpg

B0007XQ3Z6.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

mmmm i'm salivating and my vagina lips have expanded

Belfast

JasoNsider said:
Wow, you're really not helping things. Not only did you use the term "bait and switch" in the wrong context, but you're now pushing for more threads like this one.

I've been coming to this place for quite a long time, and the last thing I would want to see is it degenerate into petty "bait" thread nonsense. Nintendo fanboys are bloody annoying to be sure, but two wrongs are not going to make a right in this case.

Seriously, I just want to know, do you or do you not agree with my statements? Whether you find their implications morally reprhensible or not, I do not care. But are you or are you not looking for the psychology behind the administration's behavior? That is all my statements are meant to assess.

Monk

Banned
I hate the DS, but it has a ton of games I want. Meanwhile the psp has a grand total of one game I am interested in. :/

Mama Smurf said:
Well if that's the case, I can't honestly say I can remember a time when people were banned so easily over basically nothing.
What about the thread I made last year that said, "Post in this thread and get banned"?

ghostface

This thread reminds me of the U.S response to 9/11, with Drinky Crow as George W. Bush.

I'm sure the result of this "war" on Nintendo fanboys will be as successful as Dubya's undertaking.

Edit: Yeah I guess the DS kinda does suck, for now. But so does the PSP after the wow factor wears off. I guess I never got into handheld gaming.

The DS has some games coming out that I really want (Wario Ware, Animal Crossing and Mario Kart online), but the system is just stupid, whereas the PSP has zero games that I'd consider buying (aside from Lumines, dunno how that plays, but I usually like nifty puzzle games), but it's one sexy system.

Bottom line, all I need is my SP, and if you're dumb enough to argue about the DS in this thread, you deserve to be banned.

THIS IS A PARTY THREAD FOOLS

THE GUN POPE HAS SPOKEN

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
GOOD LORD

like some lucky fish i escaped the australian banning net ! i have this image in my head of the guy who hacked GAF frantically clicking and banning people non stop, then bawling hysterically :p

Belfast said:
Seriously, I just want to know, do you or do you not agree with my statements? Whether you find their implications morally reprhensible or not, I do not care. But are you or are you not looking for the psychology behind the administration's behavior? That is all my statements are meant to assess.

Agree with which statements? That we should be making bait threads and banning those who fall for it? If that's what you're referring to then no, I don't agree at all. Maybe it's just me, but I grew up with the idea that returning a stupid gesture with another makes you just as bad.

Forget morals. I'm squarely working on getting this place as far away from its reputation as possible. When I hear people talking about GAF, it's pretty much just a joke to them. The fact is - this place has a mix of great people and class clowns.

Anyway, I don't want to stir up shite the day after a major forum hack. I'm just saying that you guys should really be above fanboy headhunting like this.

Dilbert

ghostface said:
This thread reminds me of the U.S response to 9/11, with Drinky Crow as George W. Bush.

I'm sure the result of this "war" on Nintendo fanboys will be as successful as Dubya's undertaking.
You're right -- we need to keep people from becoming Nintendo fans in the first place, since once they are, there is no possible future but bloodshed!

NichM

Banned
Don't take me for a DS apologist (I sold mine off when it became apparent there wouldn't be anything within the next 12 months worth buying) but the other day, wiping off my PSP's screen again, it occurred to me how great the DS would be if more devs would make games that ignored the stylus and microphone.

The DS is a much more durable piece of equipment than the PSP, which I'm afraid to take out of my apartment for fear of scratches/cracks. It's got four face buttons and two shoulder buttons, plus a D-pad that (while small) isn't too shabby. All it needs are games that are GAMES instead of 15-minute gimmicks or collections of microgames, and I'd be playing it all the time. (Using the two screens would be allowed, as I like having a map up there, or status indicators off the main action.)

So, a plea to developers: stop innovating! Stagnation is way more fun!

duckroll

JasoNsider said:
Agree with which statements? That we should be making bait threads and banning those who fall for it? If that's what you're referring to then no, I don't agree at all. Maybe it's just me, but I grew up with the idea that returning a stupid gesture with another makes you just as bad.

Okay so be it. So what? :lol

Forget morals. I'm squarely working on getting this place as far away from its reputation as possible. When I hear people talking about GAF, it's pretty much just a joke to them. The fact is - this place has a mix of great people and class clowns.

Since when did anyone here care about what others think of us? It's a gaming message board, if you don't like it, you don't have to post here! :D

Anyway, I don't want to stir up shite the day after a major forum hack. I'm just saying that you guys should really be above fanboy headhunting like this.

You already did sadly! Oh and fuck being "above" it, it's fun!

NichM said:
Don't take me for a DS apologist (I sold mine off when it became apparent there wouldn't be anything within the next 12 months worth buying) but the other day, wiping off my PSP's screen again, it occurred to me how great the DS would be if more devs would make games that ignored the stylus and microphone.

The DS is a much more durable piece of equipment than the PSP, which I'm afraid to take out of my apartment for fear of scratches/cracks. It's got four face buttons and two shoulder buttons, plus a D-pad that (while small) isn't too shabby. All it needs are games that are GAMES instead of 15-minute gimmicks or collections of microgames, and I'd be playing it all the time. (Using the two screens would be allowed, as I like having a map up there, or status indicators off the main action.)

So, a plea to developers: stop innovating! Stagnation is way more fun!

Totally agree....I am so sick of touching its not funny. I'm afraid that the desperate need to innovate is ruining the games. This whole need to change gaming is wrong-headed.

I went from months of anticipation - to eagerly defending the DS here - to being pissed that there were NOFUCKINGGAMES again Nintendo - to being fed up with the whole thing.

They have killed the inner-fanboy.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
As someone who's been playing Meteos, let me be the first to say it's hella overrated.

Diffense

lol...so a disgruntled Nintendo fanboy trashed the forum...?

and more nfan baiting/trolling is supposed to prevent this from recurring?

sounds logical to me!!

oh...and GBA still > all others

Mike Works said:
What about the thread I made last year that said, "Post in this thread and get banned"?

Wow, Mike, my admiration for you just went up a notch. :D

I also gotta agree, the DS has the games I want (Yoshi rocks, Kirby looks kick ass, hopefully New Super Mario Bros is good, Mario Kart Online = sex) but it's not a sexy piece of hardware. Meanwhile, the PSP has Lumines and...uh...Mercury? and hurts my hands when I play it, but dammit, it looks fucking hot. I suppose I'll eventually cave and get one. Neve thought I'd say that about a bit of Sony hardware, but then, I never thought I'd own an Xbox either.

Ah, the joys of being a multiconsole gamer.

Monk

Banned
chespace said:
As someone who's been playing Meteos, let me be the first to say it's hella overrated.

If it wasn't for the Sakurai fan in me I would have zero interest in the game.

Dragmire

How could DS compete with PSP? It has some racers, Twisted Metal and Lumines. Jesus delayed his second coming because of these games.

What console am I a fanboy of again?

I only dream of a ONE CONSOLE FUTURE. I pimp the PS2 because a few of you endlessly whine about not getting the content you want, yet you refuse to buy it.

Tellaerin

Society said:
There is something I can agree with. Why limit it to Nintendo fans though? Targeting one group will just raise the chance of another attack. Why not kill all fanboys?

I think it's because more than any other group, Nintendo fanboys (as opposed to fans) perceive themselves as victims, poor persecuted souls unfairly picked on for their taste in games. (If anything, it's their penchant for selectively distorting and/or ignoring reality that gets them ridiculed, but that's another story. :p ) While all fanboys are like this to some degree, it's the N-zealots here who carry it to an extreme. Since those are the posters most likely to justify an attack on the forums as 'what GAF deserves' for all the 'unfair' ridicule they receive around here, a few preemptive strikes now will probably save everyone headaches down the line.

Monk

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
What console am I a fanboy of again?

I only dream of a ONE CONSOLE FUTURE. I pimp the PS2 because a few of you endlessly whine about not getting the content you want, yet you refuse to buy it.

Sadly even with the ps2 I am still whining. The lack of awesome RPG content is readily apparent even with a ps2 this gen. :/

Chipopo

Banned
JasoNsider said:
Your reply just made it more confusing though. This logic is kind of backwards, don't you think? The joker at school didn't get off easy because the teacher "should know what to expect" when he throws a piece of chalk into another kid's eye. He gets sent to the office immediately and possibly worse.

So what's worse really? The person trying really hard to stir the pot, or the person eternally falling for the bait? Both ends are pretty bad really.

Instead of the classroom bully analogy used so often, perhaps looking at Drinky Crow as the current commander in chief will yield greater understanding of the current situation.

The lightning precision with which the forum was hit left us all wondering how secure an industrialized forum with this much consequence actually was. The terrorism itself was striking not in its relevance, which was relatively paltry, but in its symbolic and exhibitionist nature. Without blinders on for the first time, GAF saw its own degenerative and vitriolic bi-products slip right through its cozy security net. The administration took quick and decisive action in neutralizing the problem.

....And while they were at it, they may as well not squander the opportunity for POWER. Briefly alluding to an impossibly general threat (Nintendo fan....Australian) Drinky Crow aquires more power in the name of GAF SECURITY. This all makes sense of course, because Drinky Crow is particularly good at rooting out those viscious Nintendo Cells that lurk in the darker crevices of the forum. We all know that. The power grab works two fold in that it also gives the GAF public the feeling that those in power are actively rooting out potential threats....DESPITE THE FACT that previous intelligence reports warning the administration of the terror to come were given MONTHS IN ADVANCE.

To all those with actively functioning brains, the logic on display here is about as valid as killing a clown because your sister choked to death at the circus. Drinky will continue to do what he wants to the benefit of those in power (in this case the benefit being gobs full of entertainment) under the pretense of forum security.

Perhaps the largest difference between George Bush and Drinky is the philosophical justifications behind their actions. While Bush follows the Christian doctrine of "working for a higher power", Drinky adopts a more existential mantra. More specifically; this smattering of ethernet is no more then an illusion. Conquer the illusion, and you'll see no more reason to hate me.

I hear most Nintendo fans are conservative, so perhaps this paints a more endearing picture for you when I say

20010920-8.jpg

"Who attacked our forum? The evidence we have gathered all points to a collection of loosely affiliated Nintendo fans known as the Nintendogs"

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
JasoNsider said:
Well it's not really about moral guidance so much as it is about a push for consistency. Had a junior member started this thread, even with just intentions to get people all pissy, he would be banned on spot. Had somebody posted a thread about how shit PSP is, you would probably ban him on spot, no?

I love visiting this board, but I wouldn't mind knowing exactly what constitutes "stepping out of line", you know?

I agree.

Belfast

JasoNsider said:

No, my statements did not say we SHOULD be making these threads and banning those who fall for it. I'm just saying that it is THE CASE that this is happening.

Speaking of not fair.

I hold Nintendo responsible for my account deletion and the trouble the mods went through. Yes, it was a Nintendo fan, not Nintendo themselves, who did the deletion. But Nintendo has always encouraged and condoned this sort of religious zealotry, and so I'm calling them out as the root cause and viewing my deletion as just another symptom of a greater disease.

I've never thought of myself as a Sony fan; if anything, I'm a Square fanboy (now lapsed). Sure, right now I prefer the PSP to the DS, because the PSP has games I want to play and the DS has jackity shit. But Castlevania will come out and I'll play my DS again, and Pokemon will come out and I'll put 100 hours into a single DS game, and these early woes will be forgottten. Still, despite my current predilictions, I've owned every Nintendo system since its launch. I've owned five different colors of GBA SPs, including three at one particularly confused time in my life. I just finished dropping an obscene and frankly classified amount of money on completing my Pepsi Twist Super Mario Bros. bottlecap collection. My first system was an Atari 2600, but it was Nintendo that made me a gamer, and deep in my heart I will always be a Nintendo fan.

Well, no. Not always. Not anymore.

You see, I hold not only Nintendo responsible, but each and every one of its fans responsible, too. Your rabid fanboyism and bottom-feeding circle-jerking over every awkward hardware "innovation" and half-rate piece of first-party software has encouraged the sort of atmosphere in which this act of cyberterrorism took root and thrived. You have idolized the bad and good alike, obscuring truth and denying reason with your unthinking hosannahs, and now you shall reap nothing but sorrow and loss the days of your lonely life. I hate Nintendo, I hate its fans, and I hate you. The new Zelda is going to be a derivative piece of shit. I was cast into the pit of fire and return to GAF a changed and broken, hateful man. I have gone to the Dark World and now I am RED JackFrost2012. I dedicate this, my second life, to the derailing, demoralization, and destruction of Nintendo in all its many forms.

You are fucked.

Drinky is right. It is not a good time to be a Nintendo fan.

Top Bottom