• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread of Independent, Limited and Region Specific Retail Releases

Semoreh

Guys, I think I'll start collecting the Switch more seriously from now on. I don't want to miss on games that may get rare / expensive in the future :)
Where is a good place to start ? The Gdoc looks a bit dated on the Switch page...
I feel from an European point of view that importing I Am Setsuna ENG and Cave Story + may be the most urgent things to do. What do you think ?

Seems Matterfall might be getting an Asian English edition in addition to the European one:
https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/892921309536976899

Pretty stoked for that game personally.

Oooh ! I loved Outland, I'll give this a shot !

Guys, I think I'll start collecting the Switch more seriously from now on. I don't want to miss on games that may get rare / expensive in the future :)
Where is a good place to start ? The Gdoc looks a bit dated on the Switch page...
I feel from an European point of view that importing I Am Setsuna ENG and Cave Story + may be the most urgent things to do. What do you think ?

Oooh ! I loved Outland, I'll give this a shot !

Anything in particular that is missing from the doc? I do need to go and do a big update for the doc in regards to dates.

Semoreh

Anything in particular that is missing from the doc? I do need to go and do a big update for the doc in regards to dates.

Oh right, it's just the dates that are off. It says "upcoming" even for games already out, but the list itself seems complete :)

Btw I've noticed this game was not in the doc : Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (PS4).

mega-man-legacy-collection-2-524065.1.jpg

Released in NTSC and ASIA regions on August 8th (so pretty soon).
The Legacy Collection 1 being in the Gdoc, this one should maybe join it :D

http://www.play-asia.com/mega-man-legacy-collection-2/13/70b8dd
http://www.play-asia.com/mega-man-legacy-collection-2-multi-language/13/70b8vj

Clive

Puyo Puyo Tetris is definitely licensed and won't be printed forever but it might drop in price a couple of times before it starts getting rare (personal guess). It also has a very good reputation on Switch so I expect it will reach a point where prices start going up. Apart from that I believe everything that sells well can be reprinted at this point.

There are lots of Nicalis-published (N)indies that might not make it to Europe (some are upcoming):
Ittle Dew
Tiny Barbarian EX
The End is Nigh
Blade Strangers
Cave Story+ (as you mentioned)
Binding of Isaac (not sure if it reached Europe, I believe it did)

I honestly don't think the retail market is very interesting for the Switch yet. Focus on other consoles for now, or at least that's what I do.

Dwayne

Here's what Arc System Works Wonder Boy looks like if anyone was interested:
Arrived today, decided to use it as my 'play' copy while keeping the LRG one sealed. No reversible cover here.

Clive

Here's what Arc System Works Wonder Boy looks like if anyone was interested:

Arrived today, decided to use it as my 'play' copy while keeping the LRG one sealed. No reversible cover here.

Looks good enough for me and I'm happy that the spine is fully in English. Was a bit bummed about missing out on LRG's release but this is OK. Thanks for posting.

Also, a copy of Panzer Dragoon Orta in the pic. My man.

Jimm

I just recieved Ghost Blade HD from Play Asia and this is the best packaging ive ever had. Not only was the game LE box sealed in plastic, but it has another plastic protection sleeve, bubble wrap and the packing box.
For the price, that's incredible and gives me so much confidence in their future releases.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
I just recieved Ghost Blade HD from Play Asia and this is the best packaging ive ever had. Not only was the game LE box sealed in plastic, but it has another plastic protection sleeve, bubble wrap and the packing box.
For the price, that's incredible and gives me so much confidence in their future releases.

Want to add that each box has a numbered sticker of authenticity as well. Play Asia LE's are getting better and better.

ITSMILNER

Noticed the retail release of Axiom Verge is now available to pre-order from Amazon UK. Ordered the standard edition myself

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Developer of Retro City Rampage is publishing 3,800 physical copies of Guacamelee on PS4.

https://twitter.com/RetroCR/status/898214969669337088

I guess this should be posted here also.
VGP has some stock too. Shipping should me much cheaper for many countries:
https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=25119

Just remember this, it's very important.
No that's the one. Never use a credit card at VGP, always stick to PayPal.

Shizuka

I absolutely adore VGP, but I don't know why they never fixed the issue with credit card info. I know a lot of people, myself included, that had their credit card info stolen from VGP purchases.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I absolutely adore VGP, but I don't know why they never fixed the issue with credit card info. I know a lot of people, myself included, that had their credit card info stolen from VGP purchases.
I'd rather pay more from another site than give them money because they still haven't fixed that. Only time I've given them money since they were first hacked 5 years ago was for the Yakuza reprints and I used PayPal.

Shizuka

I'd rather pay more from another site than give them money because they still haven't fixed that. Only time I've given them money since they were first hacked 5 years ago was for the Yakuza reprints and I used PayPal.

I use them because they have the best prices and best/cheapest international shipping, but it's past time they should've fixed that sort of thing.

EmiPrime

Their store records are literally an open door. I won't give details (anyone with an ounce of savvy can figure it out, don't PM me) but VGP is an all you can eat identity and credit card theft buffet.

This always falls on deaf ears and gamers keep buying from them anyway no matter how many warnings get issued so whatever, keep getting your shit stolen.

If I already purchased with a credit card but want to cancel and make a new order with paypal, am I safe doing that? Or am I past the point of no return since I entered my card info?

Developer of Retro City Rampage is publishing 3,800 physical copies of Guacamelee on PS4.

https://twitter.com/RetroCR/status/898214969669337088

Guacamelee (PS4) from V-blank https://vblank-entertainment.myshopify.com/

Limited to 3,800 copies, includes a Steam key.

Edit: beaten!
Big thanks to the both of you for letting the collector community know about this surprise release! I was able to grab a copy while at work following your comments. Hopefully this will be the start of a new competitor in the limited print field.

Pray for me, my brothers
I made the same error back last summer when a few short runs for Nintendo DS games were being sold on VGP. A thread on GAF was tossing out product links everywhere without any acknowledgement of their poor security issues and I wound up using my credit card after having sign-in trouble with Paypal. Took about a month before someone attempted to do some unauthorized transactions which, thankfully, were stopped by my bank before funds could disappear. Best wishes that your info will make it through unscathed, but I would recommend being prepared to take action with replacing your CC or other alternative.

Saoshyant

So happy VGP got stock (I barely didn't order a copy before I was told I could go with VGP), but how is such a limited release (less than 4000) not only still available hours later but spread across different retailers? I'm getting badly used with LRG it seems.

Shizuka

So happy VGP got stock (I barely didn't order a copy before I was told I could go with VGP), but how is such a limited release (less than 4000) not only still available hours later but spread across different retailers? I'm getting badly used with LRG it seems.

Like people said, LRG's most valuable asset now is its customer base. Other stores don't have that, even if they offer more sought out or more limited products.

I think the LRG brand and mentality tends to push those games out way quicker. Even if they're still limited, the same collector "rush" is not there.

Hyper Light Drifter at 9000 took a little while to sell out too.

Vblank Entertainment hasn't quite established itself as a notable source for small prints so it isn't too surprising that their inventory hasn't been devoured by collector fanaticism just yet. Even Limited Run Games' titles weren't flying off the server at the beginning. For example, Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty took several hours to finish out their stock and they had to resort to lifting the cart limit in order to achieve the goal, too. VGP has been a large enigma in the gaming community for being notoriously incompetent with their CC security while nailing a ton of exclusive distribution deals for stuff like select PQube titles, reprints of several previous generation games ranging from DS handheld to the Yakuza franchise, and other oddball projects. In regard to your question, Vblank or Indiebox probably offered a faint portion of their inventory to VGP for sale that's separate from the main website which means that Vblank might label Guacamelee as sold out, but VGP could have some remaining units on their end assuming they don't move too quickly as well.

Top Bottom