• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread of Independent, Limited and Region Specific Retail Releases

Semoreh

I didn't know this game, but it's super pretty. The teaser trailer...teased me. Well, gotta go dig for some reviews now !

Saoshyant

Reviews are actually pretty good! I looked into Tokyo 42 a couple of weeks ago or so when some people elsewhere were raving about the Steam version and I got intrigued.

This new company picked a good game for their debut -- they got that going for them at least.

mr lurtle

Being from Germany that actually sounds awesome. Finally I hopefully don't have to pay half the price or more of the game for shipping and customs. Also only one game per month is pretty manageable.

Shizuka

This is interesting:

Only one release per month.

I guess they know better than to contribute to the saturating market with several releases per month. At this point, the only company doing that is Limited Run Games.

emb

This is a little off-topic, but can anyone in this thread recommend a place to watch out for upcoming physical releases (not just limited ones though)?

There are plenty of game release lists out there, but most that I come across are littered with listings of digital games. If anyone knows of any well-maintained lists that are specific to physical, or that I can at least filter, would be useful.

This is a little off-topic, but can anyone in this thread recommend a place to watch out for upcoming physical releases (not just limited ones though)?

There are plenty of game release lists out there, but most that I come across are littered with listings of digital games. If anyone knows of any well-maintained lists that are specific to physical, or that I can at least filter, would be useful.

The Moon pointed out GameFAQs search at the start of this thread; it's pretty handy. The site will let you search upcoming titles by release format.

TheMoon

The Moon pointed out GameFAQs search at the start of this thread; it's pretty handy. The site will let you search upcoming titles by release format.

It helps that gamefaqs is big and popular so things get added quickly, usually. Just be aware that the db runs mostly on community submissions so if it's upcoming stuff, it might be incomplete. But in general, I like their database there.

emb

It helps that gamefaqs is big and popular so things get added quickly, usually. Just be aware that the db runs mostly on community submissions so if it's upcoming stuff, it might be incomplete. But in general, I like their database there.
Thanks! That's almost perfect. I've used and mostly liked their 'upcoming releases' sections before, but I'd never wondered over to the 'advanced search' to see the nifty release format filter.

Olengie

Next exclusive from East Asia will be Rive. I am disappointed since I don't have anything to pair Tachyon Project now.

DIXiLu8UEAA510m.jpg

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/st...l-release-deals-and-discussion-thread/page-92

RIVE will join our PS4 Limited Edition lineup in September. Limited to 2500pcs (1500 blue box / 1000 orange box)!

Semoreh

By the way, since Two Tribes has disappeared, who's profiting from all these Limited releases ? Indiebox, LRG, Play-Asia... Rive is everywhere ^^

This one has a manual and an OST... LRG's one is vanilla right ? That makes this release interesting...

mr lurtle

Sorry if its slightly offtopic but has anyone from europe ordered at play-asia since you pre-pay customs? I don't mind paying in advance but I'm wondering if this means I don't have to deal with the customs offfice at all. I had some really bad experiences with them recently and I don't want to go there ever again if possible ;)

TheMoon

By the way, since Two Tribes has disappeared, who's profiting from all these Limited releases ? Indiebox, LRG, Play-Asia... Rive is everywhere ^^

This one has a manual and an OST... LRG's one is vanilla right ? That makes this release interesting...

well, Two Tribes.

I got the LRG release of Rive, but it was like a last minute decision. If it's going to be like this (meaning: superior P-A release after the facts, often even for a better price all things considered), I'm not buying another PS4 game off of LRG unless it's something real special.

zeopower6

I got the LRG release of Rive, but it was like a last minute decision. If it's going to be like this (meaning: superior P-A release after the facts, often even for a better price all things considered), I'm not buying another PS4 game off of LRG unless it's something real special.

Well, mostly I think you want to keep an eye on what eas publishes. They handled the Asian release for it back in May so it wasn't too surprising that they'd do one.

Tapejara

JDH

My copy of Ys Origin from Play Asia shipped this morning. :)

Mine too, but I ordered them before I knew LRG was releasing them... I think I'll keep the Vita version and probably sell off the PS4 version as I ordered the PS4 version from LRG already.

Olengie

Looks nice. But I'm not going to spend 100 bucks on that

Hope iam8bit announces another PS4 game sometime this year. lol. Or Vita

mollipen

WARNING: Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the “Product”) on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire. The SNES hardware is deemed a vintage collectible, so please exercise extreme caution when using the Product and make sure there is fire extinguishment equipment nearby. Use of the Product is at the sole risk of the user. The Product is sold “as is”. Neither iam8bit, Inc. nor Capcom Co, Ltd. make any representation or warranty, express or implied, of any kind, including any warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular use, or that the Product is safe to use, and iam8bit, Inc. or Capcom Co, Ltd. shall have no liability for damage to property or persons arising from use of the Product. Nintendo of America is in no way associated with the release of this Product.

Hope iam8bit announces another PS4 game sometime this year. lol. Or Vita
Agreed. Every time I receive a newsletter e-mail from 8bit, I'm always hoping it has information on their next physical PS4 run. Unfortunately as a current-gen collector, their business primarily caters to the vinyl soundtrack crowd first-and-foremost with the occasional oddball "collector's edition" that doesn't even offer diehard fans a tangible version of the game. For what it's worth, Limited Run Games basically implied that 8bit would be the "best bet" for What Remains of Edith Finch on PS4. Annapurna was "open to other possibilities" in regard to a potential physical disc release following its digital debut and 8bit seems pretty open about making it happen. Hopefully it's just a "worst kept secret" kind of deal where it's just a matter of it being finalized and released to the public.

Olengie

Agreed. Every time I receive a newsletter e-mail from 8bit, I'm always hoping it has information on their next physical PS4 run. Unfortunately as a current-gen collector, their business primarily caters to the vinyl soundtrack crowd first-and-foremost with the occasional oddball "collector's edition" that doesn't even offer diehard fans a tangible version of the game. For what it's worth, Limited Run Games basically implied that 8bit would be the "best bet" for What Remains of Edith Finch on PS4. Annapurna was "open to other possibilities" in regard to a potential physical disc release following its digital debut and 8bit seems pretty open about making it happen. Hopefully it's just a "worst kept secret" kind of deal where it's just a matter of it being finalized and released to the public.

I got some high hopes for them since they actually released Hyper Light Drifter. lol.

mabec

Iam8bit have done some poor choices in the past, if this SNES game starts to catch fire in peoples home they will go under.

mr lurtle

Just got this mail from play-asia:
We're writing in with regards to your order of PSV Tachyon Project. We have
accidentally sent a sample to some of our customers, and if you have received the
sample please send us a photo of the item. Once we have received the photo, we will
be replacing the item with the right game and we will shoulder all of the shipping
costs involved for both return and reshipment.

zeopower6

Basically they sent some non-final copies to people on accident that were not supposed to go out. Like the stuff they produce when they're in the process of making the boxset/game.

Top Bottom