• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT Mutant Mayhem Trailer

kunonabi

That is the difference between the Comic and the movies. Comic done by Eastman can be dark and gritty. Nickelodeon wants the movies to appeal to a wide audience and have parents take kids. Nickelodeon is trying to do things to appeal to everyone. So they have Eastman write his comic, and then a broader scope with movies.

April in the original comic was a black woman.
bGdXo59U_140520190737lola.jpg
That's already been debunked. With official word too.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
If I was a teen, I think I’d give it a watch. Since I’m a middle aged man, I’ll probably skip it. I prefer the darker style like the first live action movie but they probably make way more money on merchandising to kids so I can’t really blame them.

Seems pretty inoffensive to me.

If they do reboot a dark version, the April casting does itself.

adult-film-actress-april-oneil-attends-the-2016-adult-video-news-at-picture-id506572974

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

Didn't see anyone crying about April not being a ginger back in 2024:

FqjEWmZXgAEmCwF.jpg

Mainly because the turtle designs looked like shit as expected.

This new movie looks like it was animated with AI and written by it. Sooner or later we can just make our own better TMNT movies with AI and have actual respect to the property.

On second thought we are long overdue for a new sexy April.

JpzV0SA.gif

It's both scary and amazing how fast AI is progressing.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Wasn't he doing a new thundercats too? Seems like that fizzled out when everyone thought the art was shit.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
At this point you have to wonder why they keep insisting on "suBveRTinG EXpeCaTiOns" when everyone and their mum hates it.
Because Hollywood is a slow moving ship and they are just now stating to see the decline in sales this sort of practice brings.

RaptorGTA

I am not a fan of the art style
The humor seems to be aimed at a very young audience.

So maybe the younger audience will like it? But yea this is a pass for me.

Batiman

Always so much talk about the colour of a character. Who gives a fuck? Complain about her design not her colour.

That is the difference between the Comic and the movies. Comic done by Eastman can be dark and gritty. Nickelodeon wants the movies to appeal to a wide audience and have parents take kids. Nickelodeon is trying to do things to appeal to everyone. So they have Eastman write his comic, and then a broader scope with movies.

April in the original comic was a black woman.
bGdXo59U_140520190737lola.jpg
That's already been debunked. With official word too.
She looked pretty white compared to Baxter Stockman (who was black in the original comics)

02-3.jpg

Not to mention the fucking cover of issue #2
mghl-turtles-5.jpg

This article refutes common arguments and provides plenty of evidence regarding AON's origin:

And before somebody asks "Why do you care so much?"...
When it comes to debates about changing races/genders in spinoffs and adaptations, I prefer that arguments be built upon all the known facts, and not just a selection that fits a bias.

AJUMP23

This article refutes common arguments and provides plenty of evidence regarding AON's origin:

And before somebody asks "Why do you care so much?"...
When it comes to debates about changing races/genders in spinoffs and adaptations, I prefer that arguments be built upon all the known facts, and not just a selection that fits a bias.
Thanks for that. I read all those comics as a kid and always thought she was black. But I always liked the cartoon and the movie version of her as well.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The art style reminder me of Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse.
Not really feeling this one though.

Labolas

Yeah, the trailer looks terrible. Also glad people are bringing up the fact that April was NOT black. The fact that Baxter Stockman, a black man, was considering darker looking and look like a black man should have clued people in.

CGNoire

This is being aimed at toddlers, teenagers with low IQs and of course Kidults.

Actually like the art style mostly just not the weird proportions. Even GarbagePail Kid Oneil ;)

Last edited:

Teletraan1

Ginger to black is just baked into the cake at this point I guess. Every week it happens so on the 375th one it is hard to maintain any sort of anger. My issue is why did they have to make her a heffer?

FeralEcho

At this point you have to wonder why they keep insisting on "suBveRTinG EXpeCaTiOns" when everyone and their mum hates it.
It's because they are literally this
Getting Old 30 Rock GIF

They are mentally challenged at Hollywood and think this is what we ACTUALLY want.

Scotty W

Anyone else really hoping that Seth Rogan’s role as Donkey Kong will translate to the games? Imagine running through the jungle accompanied by a steady stream of Rogan one liners.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Donatello has had the same style voice for 35 years and now he sounds like a 5 year old girl. Fantastic!!

Stitch

That's Aprils voice actress

ayo-edebiri-6-te-221108-1667x2500.jpg

And they turned her into Quasimodo

Nick actually had something decent going on with their first CG reboot. I just stopped watching it because production was too slow, and they couldn't air a new episode every week, so it was mostly just re-runs...

K' Dash

I like this style much more than the plasticky look of every single 3D animated movie, this looks good at least visually.

Top Bottom