• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Denis Dyack said:
Put up or shut up.

Sorry to quote myself but:

PistolGrip said:
Thats the thing, Its not Ballsy at all. Is embarrasing but not ballsy. Dyack has 202 post on gaf, do you really think he cares much if he gets a generic "owned by gaf" tag? he hardly post here.

Is not a fair trade and thats why you will hardly see anyone go against because the rules are not well laid out and Dyack is getting off too easily.

BE A MAN DYACK MAKE THE RULES CLEAR
and make it so that "for" people have a real punishment otherwise this whole thing is worthless.

gimmmick

I must say this is a first. You are taking a risk Dennis. I personally find the game interesting because it is a subject that hasn't yet been tackled by most developers... that and I'm a sucker for diablo type hack and slashes.

Denis Dyack said:
Put up or shut up.

Are you trying to dig a hole for yourself? I suggest you grow a thicker skin.

Seriously, you should suggest some better-defined rules, like tying the bet to whether the game gets above a certain score on Metacritic or Gamerankings. I'm neutral, for the record.

xbhaskarx said:
But what is the objective standard for success and failure, how does one measure what "gamers in general" think of the game and if it's "received well"?

I'd say Metacritic score of 80 or higher and over 1 million in sales for August/September NPD.

As a "For" person, I'll take the over on both. I predict 85 Metascore, 1.2 million sales for August/September.

1 million is a quite a lot, Bioshock did 490k for its first NPD month in August, I think that would be more of a fairer ball park figure.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Denis Dyack said:
Put up or shut up.

15xwx9y.gif

TeTr1C

Wow, this is fucking sad that you have to resort to creating sides for your game.

I want it to be good, but so far all the videos I've seen haven't really shown me much of anything that's good. While graphically the game looks great, the combat still doesn't look very fluid, or FUN, for that matter.

I'll try it out via GameFly, but right now I'm AGAINST, if I have to choose.

Busty said:
I assume that you're scanning through your copy of "Jeff Bell's Guide to Internet Based PR" as you post in this thread?

No, he's just speaking his mind after months of GAF trolling his game. More power to him.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Seriously, Denis? Dude, it's like 1 in the afternoon in St. Catherine's, isn't it? Kinda early to be hitting the Canadian Club, don't you think?

Evlar

Banned
eznark said:
how exactly does one get forced into participating in a thread?
Seems Denis is advising people to make this the de-facto thread for Too Human trolling, right in the OP.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
f_elz said:
if this game was made by someone else it would be getting much hype here methinks.

Honestly, it's getting attention BECAUSE it's Silicon Knights. Even if the game was mindblowingly awesome, it would get largely ignored if it were made by some no-name dev.

mabuza

Banned
hclflow said:
This is one of the most pathetic stunts I've ever seen pulled on GAF. And for it to be a well-known industry figure doing it? Man, that's just icing on the cake.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
nailed it. what a fucking joke.
btw i'm against. everything i've seen of this game has been nothing but one big ugly turd. from the art to the gameplay, and this thread isnt going to change anything.

Desi

Yaweee said:
"I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel it is the best game we have ever made. I also believe the press and gamers alike will believe this."

So, how about we set the conditions at "Higher Metacritic score than Eternal Darkness"?
That actually works. I am scared for it in sales. Madden comes out that month.

gantz85

Banned
JohnTinker said:
We could suggest you do the same, and offer a satisfaction, money-back guarantee. But whats the likelihood of that?

But that's the point -- he's offering posters to put up their valued currency in exchange for curreny he doesn't care for -- forum reputation :lol :lol

Why not offer to put out a public statement AND a thread post on GAF apologizing for shit if Too Human fails to hit 95 on Metacritic? Far more interesting.

Evlar

Banned
My own category is Don't Give a Shit. I would transition to either For or Against if someone gave me a reason to Give a Shit.

My rationale for being in this thread is completely unrelated: Guaranteed hilarity.

mm04

This thread just got a whole lot better! Thanks Denis for posting the most entertaining thread of the day or even week.

Some of your are spineless jellyfish. Take a stand. You're taking your internet reputation waaaay too seriously. This is a damn internet message board. Nobody knows who the hell you are. You can't have fun here? This is only a place for "serious business"? Get a grip and say FOR or AGAINST. It's not that hard.

As for the people crying for some sort of consequence for voting FOR. We're buying the damn game. That's the consequence. So if you vote against, how about you go buy Lair? Or maybe you have already...so you might already know exactly how we might feel if Too Human sucks.

Zenith

Banned
Against.

this thread just confirms every bad word said about you. even if the game does well you'll still be remembered as a douche.

beef3483

I'm not going to make a decision on a game until I play it. Though I will say that I enjoyed ED very much so you haven't burned any bridges as far as I am concerned.

Speaking of, where the hell is my ED2!?

I really was for it before this thread. Now I'm not sure. After Denis' bold comments, we better see a demo on XBL before August 19th.

fanduck

snack said:
How about you release the god damn demo before you go off on this dramatic tirade.

That defeats the purpose of this thread! This thread is asking people to be honest about their biases for or against this game, if they've played a demo already, it's no longer bias.

I'm not particularly looking forward to it, but I would never claim "Against!" in some crazy frantic desire to see the game fail or do poorly. I don't have a lack of excitement because I desire the game not to appeal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom