• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about over 83% on gamerankings and over 750,000 in sales by the end of the year?

That would shut these assholes up. And just like I predicted, all those other Too Human threads that are dominated by trolls aren't showing up in this one. What happened bitches?

Madman

WrikaWrek said:
Why?

What the hell is your problem, and others who are like "Noo, noooooo, don't make this thread, lock this thread."

Stop being so uptight about the internet, and either roll with it, or just get out of the way?
Coming from you, that is truly funny. I seem to remember you didn't take your last ban so well. ;) That's as far as I'll go, since this thread is ridiculous enough as is.

Busty

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Look mommy, i'm not English and i made a grammar mistake. On the internet no less.

1z1r59u.gif

master15

duckroll said:
I'm glad that you feel Too Human is a great game, seeing how you're the one making it, if you thought it wasn't a great game that would be worrying. It's great that you feel it's the best game you've never made too, but that really means nothing to me. None of that really translates into why the game is great or how the game is great. Your job is to convince other people that the game is worth buying, not convince yourself. :)

That's a pretty shallow and unfair bet there. I mean, what rules would we be using? Who are "gamers in general" and what benchmark determines if a game is "crap" or "received well"? Furthermore, this seem unfair as you don't really post much on the forum at all. If the game fails, it is likely that you would not post ever again here. What good would a tag do in that case?

Couldn't say it any better myself. Don't get me wrong I really liked elements and parts of Eternal Darkness (Twin Snakes was a mess though both technically and as a remake) and while I've had high expectations with Too Human I know frankly the genre and type of game it is just doesn't appeal to me.

Very vague guidelines set my Dyack, which isn't a suprise.

duckroll said:
I'm glad that you feel Too Human is a great game, seeing how you're the one making it, if you thought it wasn't a great game that would be worrying. It's great that you feel it's the best game you've never made too, but that really means nothing to me. None of that really translates into why the game is great or how the game is great. Your job is to convince other people that the game is worth buying, not convince yourself. :)

That's a pretty shallow and unfair bet there. I mean, what rules would we be using? Who are "gamers in general" and what benchmark determines if a game is "crap" or "received well"? Furthermore, this seem unfair as you don't really post much on the forum at all. If the game fails, it is likely that you would not post ever again here. What good would a tag do in that case?

Put up or shut up.

How about we make this deal, if you're game sucks you have to stop coming to GAF and whining like a bitch when we think that you're next game doesn't look so hot. Deal?

SHOW ME WHY YOU'RE GAME IS GOOD! I can't just take your word for it, you're the fucking producer of course you like the god damn game.

My father makes the best lasagna in the world. Those who are for my father's lasagna please post FOR, those against post AGAINST.

Do you see how inane you're logic is Denis?
Denis Dyack said:
Put up or shut up.
You are a fucking clown.

How can I be definitively for or against a game I haven't played and no one has even reviewed? I'm for EVERY game kicking ass, but it's not 'til the game comes out that we'll know for sure.
Previews are worthless after all, right? :lol

nerbo

:lol otaku meltdowns...

Well played, Dennis, well played. I salute thee. I was cautiously looking forward to trying the game anyway, but with this thread, you have delivered one way or another. Even if I end up hating your creation, watching the drama bullshit unfold here will be well worth the $60 spent for in-direct entertainment value. Bravo my man, bravo. Either via a good game or via a bad one and the drama that follows, you have truly nailed what next-gen gaming has become.

Dartastic

Oh my god this shit is amazingly hilarious. I personally am looking forward to Too Human, and I really hope it does turn out to be a good game. The seemingly irrational hate for TH around here is sickening, and it's more than a little funny that this whole fiasco is happening. I also love how all the people who seemingly are "against" Too Human aren't saying so. Granted...

Denis Dyack said:
Put up or shut up.
Really Denis? Really? :lol

snack said:
My father makes the best lasagna in the world. Those who are for my father's lasagna please post FOR, those against post AGAINST.

Do you see how inane you're logic is Denis?

Either pure genius or a terrible, terrible educational failure.

fin

duckroll said:

Chicken shit!

Denis Dyack said:
Put up or shut up.

qft

Oxymoron

I'm getting a bizarre Hellgate vibe from Too Human, so I'm going to be against.

If Dennis is really unlucky, Blizzard will unveil Diablo 3 next week and Too Human might get compared unfavorably to it.

snack said:
Against. Solely due to your attitude.

And here we have laid bare the motivation for 85% of the hate the game gets on this board.

I can understand. I don't like David Jaffe at all and I think he is an ass on interviews and such. Good thing I didn't let that keep me from God of War 2, which is a great game.

From a lurker's standpoint here at GAF I was rather surprised by the level of venom in yesterday's Too Human thread -- guess I've not been paying enough attention to GAF's feelings on this game.

Based on what I've heard on podcasts from people that have played it I'm very interested in the game. Honestly, however, I (and my brother) will be trying the demo (co-op) before (we) plunk down $60 ($120) for it or not.

So I guess 'For' -- along long as the demo lives up to Co-Op fun over Live!

xbhaskarx

Denis Dyack said:
If I am wrong and gamers in general think the game is “crap” then I am comfortable with getting tagged “Owned by the GAF”.

However, if I am right and it is received well, I would like to see those “Against” to be tagged with “Owned by Too Human”.

But what is the objective standard for success and failure, how does one measure what "gamers in general" think of the game and if it's "received well"?

I'd say Metacritic score of 80 or higher and over 1 million in sales for August/September NPD.

As a "For" person, I'll take the over on both. I predict 85 Metascore, 1.2 million sales for August/September.

Edit: that should probably be 750,000 sales for August/September combined, 1 million is too high a standard.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
duckroll said:

Denis Dyack said:
Put up or shut up.
:lol :lol :lol

Denis just slapped you son!

v0yce said:
Are you offering refunds?

Put up or shut up.

No, a GAF tag! A mod can give me a tag of whatever he/she wants if everyone sends me $60. Think of how much of an idiot I'd appear on GAF as I type from my bean bag piles of money.

SantaC

Since Eternal Darkness shits on 90% of the other survival horror games out there, I think Too Human will be a good game.

Dr. Zoidberg said:
And here we have laid bare the motivation for 85% of the hate the game gets on this board.

I can understand. I don't like David Jaffe at all and I think he is an ass on interviews and such. Good thing I didn't let that keep me from God of War 2, which is a great game.
Well David Jaffe is just cocky, Denis is just an ass.

fse

Dr. Zoidberg said:

ding ding ding

Yaweee

"I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year. I certainly feel it is the best game we have ever made. I also believe the press and gamers alike will believe this."

So, how about we set the conditions at "Higher Metacritic score than Eternal Darkness"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom