• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Dang. No online MP makes it a no buy for me. I can't believe they took that away. :( I loved making tracks and racing them with friends... also playing other peoples tracks they made. There were incredible tracks on the last game out there.

What's the resolution/FPS?
1080p is confirmed for the PS4. 1080p is assumed on the Xbox One, but not confirmed. The Xbox 360 version will likely be 720p. The game will run at a solid 60fps on all platforms.

Based on the history we have for these consoles so far, this is not the assumption I would be making. The safe assumption would be 900p on XB1, and maybe even lower. Though I understand why it would be diplomatic to say that in the OP.

Shaneus

I haven't gotten this yet. What was wrong with it?
Absolutely pathetic performance, from what I can tell it's literally (yes) impossible to get the game to run at 60fps. Not from a framerate lock, but poor optimisation. And I believe there were Uplay problems where it wasn't letting users into the game at all. I bought it cheap, played it for around an hour before I became frustrated with trying to get it to look/run well. And I think it only ever received one or two patches, with more fixes promised that never came.

From what I can remember, anyway.

Overdoziz

Banned
Absolutely pathetic performance, from what I can tell it's literally (yes) impossible to get the game to run at 60fps. Not from a framerate lock, but poor optimisation. And I believe there were Uplay problems where it wasn't letting users into the game at all. I bought it cheap, played it for around an hour before I became frustrated with trying to get it to look/run well. And I think it only ever received one or two patches, with more fixes promised that never came.

From what I can remember, anyway.
It works fine these days.

Zeth

I just tried the PC beta and am pleasantly surprised. Runs great and looks much nicer than the Trials gold. :)

Yeah, the beta appears flawless from the few hours I've played today. Absolutely locked 60fps, even downsampling from 3200x1800.

Uplay is nothing but a minor annoyance over the added 2 seconds when launching the game for me.

RoadHazard

multiplayer modes are coming free not too far from launch, is my understanding.

Yeah, but not the same type of multiplayer as in Evo. We don't know what kind of multiplayer Fusion is getting, just that it's supposedly a "completely new type" of it. Whatever that might mean. Asynchronous MP, maybe? Not that that sounds very different from just racing people's ghosts. Wait, you couldn't actually do that in Evo, could you? You just saw a marker or something? So maybe ghost racing is making a return. Although that wouldn't make it "completely new", since it was in Trials 2 SE.

whitehawk

Banned
Trials Fusion has the "Day 1 Digital" sticker on it in the PS4 store page. Does that sticker mean that it gets released at midnight?

Guys, if I pre-order right now (Steam) can I automatically access beta?

Yes. It will be added to your library. When you launch it Uplay will be fired up or prompted to download but I haven't had any problems with Uplay or Trials in general.

Very, very happy with the PC performance so far. People should not be scared off.

Great OP. I love Trials, one of my favorite games from last gen. Put 50 hours into both Trials HD and Trials Evo. Can't wait for fusion.

Also, love webm.

Trials Fusion has the "Day 1 Digital" sticker on it in the PS4 store page. Does that sticker mean that it gets released at midnight?

It's just a sticker that Sony uses to show that the digital version of a game will be available the same day as the retail version. I think one of the RedLynx guys posts here, so he may know if it's going up at midnight.

RoadHazard

It's just a sticker that Sony uses to show that the digital version of a game will be available the same day as the retail version.

Isn't that the case with all PS4 games (except ones where a digital edition isn't possible due to physical accessories, of course)?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I haven't gotten this yet. What was wrong with it?

Absolutely pathetic performance, from what I can tell it's literally (yes) impossible to get the game to run at 60fps.

Absolutely not true.

The performance is far from stellar but you can get and lock 60fps.

I think the issue was during initialization. I found that if I switched my in game resolution to 1440p that all stuttering completely disappeared, and if I switched back to 1080p, it stayed a smooth experience.

So I tended to just play rendering at 1440p for smooth AA applied, as well as 60fps.

It would dip whenever maps loaded up, or there were INSANE amounts of explosions but that's about it.

Just playing tennis with a penguin in the middle of a run. Don't mind me.

IeNwqiQ.jpg

RM8

Yes. It will be added to your library. When you launch it Uplay will be fired up or prompted to download but I haven't had any problems with Uplay or Trials in general.

Very, very happy with the PC performance so far. People should not be scared off.
Screw it, I'm buying! If my PC melts then I can always download it later when I upgrade :p

npa189

So there is a physical version? would it be worth it to go with the season pass? I do love me some trials, and it will give me an excuse to turn on the PS4.

whitehawk

Banned
So there is a physical version? would it be worth it to go with the season pass? I do love me some trials, and it will give me an excuse to turn on the PS4.
Well if you get the physical version, the season pass is included. Only way to avoid it is buying the game digitally.

I'm going for the season pass, because I'm a Trials addict who will buy all the DLC anyway.

Atomski

Got to the stunt portion of the game and its actually pretty fun. I wasnt sure how I felt about it based on the trailers but it adds a nice challenge and works well using the right stick.

Proud to say I've completed every track on the 360 games but I think I may have all sorts of problems with the DS4 and this game.

RoadHazard

Proud to say I've completed every track on the 360 games but I think I may have all sorts of problems with the DS4 and this game.

Why would you think that? The sticks and triggers are both great, or do you not agree?

I completed all the HD + Evo tracks using a DS3 on my PC. Also worked just fine! But it will definitely be better with the DS4, mostly thanks to the improved triggers.

Flunkie

Banned
Going PS4 if at all on this one for the exact reason of requiring uPlay for competing against friends in the PC version... I imagine this won't be the case for consoles. iPhone version doesn't even use Game Center. Just uPlay. Fuck uPlay bullshit.

Why would you think that? The sticks and triggers are both great, or do you not agree?

I completed all the HD + Evo tracks using a DS3 on my PC. Also worked just fine! But it will definitely be better with the DS4, mostly thanks to the improved triggers.
Just as someone might be better at FPS games with one of these controllers over the other the same goes with this game I'm guessing. I'm much more comfortable with the Xbox family of controllers but now I'm playing everything on PS4. Really think I'm going to struggle with it but we'll see.

Shaneus

Absolutely not true.

The performance is far from stellar but you can get and lock 60fps.

I think the issue was during initialization. I found that if I switched my in game resolution to 1440p that all stuttering completely disappeared, and if I switched back to 1080p, it stayed a smooth experience.

So I tended to just play rendering at 1440p for smooth AA applied, as well as 60fps.

It would dip whenever maps loaded up, or there were INSANE amounts of explosions but that's about it.
True for me. Though a number of games tend to have problems with ATI/AMD cards and Crossfire, the performance I was getting out of it was shocking. If you had an nVidia card then that might explain it.

Still, post-release support left a lot to be desired. Plus Uplay.

I think the other OT was much better...

I'm looking forward to this, although I'm debating between risking it on PC or waiting until I get a PS4...

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
True for me. Though a number of games tend to have problems with ATI/AMD cards and Crossfire, the performance I was getting out of it was shocking. If you had an nVidia card then that might explain it.

Still, post-release support left a lot to be desired. Plus Uplay.

That could be your personal experience with the game, but it still makes statements like

from what I can tell it's literally (yes) impossible to get the game to run at 60fps.

disingenuous.

impact

Banned
There's no downside to buying the digital version at $20 and then waiting till the DLC is out to see if it's worth it to buy the season pass, is there? Or do they not sell the season pass separately?

Any word on how the Xbox 360 version is? Ideally I'd like to play this on PC, but zero tolerance for uPlay. Don't have a PS4 either, but I thought uPlay had been implemented on the current generation of consoles as well with some of Ubisoft's other games, so I'd run into the same roadblock regardless. I'm not expecting Fusion to have all the graphical bells and whistles on Xbox 360, but I'd like to see how it holds up overall if there are any videos for that version of the game. Doesn't necessarily have to be a direct comparison between all consoles akin to Digital Foundry's content, though I would like to know whether it still maintains their 60 frames per second standard on lesser hardware.

Seanspeed

Banned
Any word on how the Xbox 360 version is? Ideally I'd like to play this on PC, but zero tolerance for uPlay. Don't have a PS4 either, but I thought uPlay had been implemented on the current generation of consoles as well with some of Ubisoft's other games, so I'd run into the same roadblock regardless. I'm not expecting Fusion to have all the graphical bells and whistles on Xbox 360, but I'd like to see how it holds up overall if there are any videos for that version of the game. Doesn't necessarily have to be a direct comparison between all consoles akin to Digital Foundry's content, though I would like to know whether it still maintains their 60 frames per second standard on lesser hardware.
I'd be shocked if it wasn't a solid 60fps, just like HD and Evo.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Cross game interaction with trials frontier is most likely around completing he same track of both games. On frontier I unlocked a computer thing in front of the saloon which requires me to get a gold on three tracks, on both frontier and fusion, to unlock items in the game (just appears to be rider gear so far). So there must be some shared tracks at least.

I hope the tricks and 'do x number of backflips' etc are separate for the normal races. On frontier they slow you down, but sometimes you have to beat a ghost time *and* do 5 backflips etc, and I'm not a fan of those combinations. Give me stunts or a time limit, not both.

Still in for day one on PS4, most likely digital and full price for later tracks.

Oh and for those that hate UPlay, almost certainly the console versions will want you to sign in to Uplay - I guess that is the only way they can connect you up with trials frontier for instance.

I'm trying to decide if I want to spring for the physical version with the Season Pass, or just grab the $20 download. What kind of dlc packs have come out for trials in the past? Were they worth it? Would I be saving a decent chunk of change by getting the Pass instead of each dlc pack separately?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
There's no downside to buying the digital version at $20 and then waiting till the DLC is out to see if it's worth it to buy the season pass, is there? Or do they not sell the season pass separately?

Only downside is that it's digital.
But the season pass content is going to be tied down either way.

whitehawk

Banned
I'm trying to decide if I want to spring for the physical version with the Season Pass, or just grab the $20 download. What kind of dlc packs have come out for trials in the past? Were they worth it? Would I be saving a decent chunk of change by getting the Pass instead of each dlc pack separately?
- In Evolution they would include new Tracks + skill games + new tools/objects to create levels with.
- The season pass will save you money compared to buying them all separately.

Top Bottom