• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Lima

The digital deluxe should have been $5 cheaper though compared to buying game and sp separately. As it is now the SP will go on sale before all content is even out so it makes no sense to buy deluxe.

BashNasty

Just as someone might be better at FPS games with one of these controllers over the other the same goes with this game I'm guessing. I'm much more comfortable with the Xbox family of controllers but now I'm playing everything on PS4. Really think I'm going to struggle with it but we'll see.

Exactly. I love the trials games. I am very, very good at the trials games, but just about all my trials play has been on a 360 controller. I have no doubt I'll get used to the PS4 controller, as it is a fantastic controller, but given that all my previous play has been on a 360 controller, it's going to take a bit of adjustment. How much remains to be seen.

Exactly. I love the trials games. I am very, very good at the trials games, but just about all my trials play has been on a 360 controller. I have no doubt I'll get used to the PS4 controller, as it is a fantastic controller, but given that all my previous play has been on a 360 controller, it's going to take a bit of adjustment. How much remains to be seen.

I'm having difficulties playing it with a DS4 on PC. I like playing other games with it, but the 360 controller is soo much better with this game

Could be that I'm much more used to it

PS4/X1 versions are £29 on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BT9DUSA/

01DsM1X.jpg

£7 saving over getting it digitally, not bad...

PaulLFC

Probably a silly question, but is skill game creation and sharing in this version as well as track creation, like it was in Evolution?

Seanspeed

Banned
So some people are going to avoid a game because they can't be bothered to use uPlay?
Yup. I don't get it, either. I mean, it works. It lets you play the game. I could understand it if its a game you really didn't care about much anyways, but if you enjoy Trials(and who doesn't?), it seems silly to miss out. But whatever.

Anyways, my id is

seanspeed99

if more people want to add me to have some times to race against. We had a few people from the other thread already.

Yup. I don't get it, either. I mean, it works. It lets you play the game. I could understand it if its a game you really didn't care about much anyways, but if you enjoy Trials(and who doesn't?), it seems silly to miss out. But whatever.

Anyways, my id is

seanspeed99

if more people want to add me to have some times to race against. We had a few people from the other thread already.

I don't get the Origin whining either on GAF to be honest. I don't play much on PC, but do have some games for Steam, some for Origin and some for this. So what? If you like the game, deal with it.

Always seemed like spoiled first-world crap to me. I dunno.

Will likely pick this up on the PS4 somewhere down the line. I enjoyed the last on the 360.

Lima

I'm having difficulties playing it with a DS4 on PC. I like playing other games with it, but the 360 controller is soo much better with this game

Could be that I'm much more used to it

Nah it's just that while the DS4 was totally improved the triggers are still shit. I wouldn't even call them real triggers.

I will of course play this on Xbox One if only because it gets 1000 gamerscore on it compared to the 400 on 360. Might even double dip (ever heard of cross buy you fuckers at Microsoft?)

Shaneus

That could be your personal experience with the game, but it still makes statements like

disingenuous.
Possibly, but it was the case that from what I could tell (it's been a while since I checked Steam forums for others' performance issues) at the time I last tried messing with the game, there were enough people having framerate (and other) issues for me to believe that statement was true. More than just my personal experience.

Regardless, I'm sure this new one will be fine. But I'll be giving it a wide berth until at least all the kinks are sorted out. From memory, the beta version of Trials Evo was similarly without problems until they released it. Fingers crossed Fusion stays that way.

wouwie

I'm really happy to finally be able to play a Trials game as a playstation only console owner. I love the physics based motorcross genre and i really missed this franchise on PS3. I can't wait.

Nah it's just that while the DS4 was totally improved the triggers are still shit. I wouldn't even call them real triggers.

I will of course play this on Xbox One if only because it gets 1000 gamerscore on it compared to the 400 on 360. Might even double dip (ever heard of cross buy you fuckers at Microsoft?)
Triggers are real and good imo but I also have played trials games with only a 360 controller so this will be an interesting experience playing trials with a ds4.

Possibly, but it was the case that from what I could tell (it's been a while since I checked Steam forums for others' performance issues) at the time I last tried messing with the game, there were enough people having framerate (and other) issues for me to believe that statement was true. More than just my personal experience.

Regardless, I'm sure this new one will be fine. But I'll be giving it a wide berth until at least all the kinks are sorted out. From memory, the beta version of Trials Evo was similarly without problems until they released it. Fingers crossed Fusion stays that way.

I experienced the opposite. I had issues during beta but after two patches (after release) it worked great at 60fps.

Lima

Triggers are real and good imo but I also have played trials games with only a 360 controller so this will be an interesting experience playing trials with a ds4.

Just no. The first thing I did when playing killzone at launch was to switch shooting and aiming back to L1 and R1. They are still terrible. Not DS3 terrible but close.

aravuus

Watching footage of these Trials games (and having played them a bit), I can't help but think that Elastomania is so much better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Dz6Wtm1Go

I remember playing this game when I was young and being alright but damn, this guy is good

Just no. The first thing I did when playing killzone at launch was to switch shooting and aiming back to L1 and R1. They are still terrible. Not DS3 terrible but close.

What

I'm buying this on PS4 since I know that's going to give me a locked 60 fps experience. I trust Red Lynx. They're tech wizards. This is going to look amazing on PS4 and Xbox One I am certain.

Haven't read through thread yet, but I did notice in a gameplay video I watched some significant pop-in. I really hope this has been addressed, because the previous games in the series i've played have been technical marvels. I've played two on Xbox Live Arcade and the Instant Game Collection entry on PS Vita, and love them all. I love the humour that permeates this series. I'd go so far to say it's one of the major draws of the game. This series has always cracked me up and I'm really looking forward to getting Fusion on PS4. Though the last time I bought a game with the word 'Fusion' in it on a Playstation console I was incredibly disappointed.
Also happened to be a racing game. :(

Duriii

Watching footage of these Trials games (and having played them a bit), I can't help but think that Elastomania is so much better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Dz6Wtm1Go

Wow, talking about blast from the past. I can't believe I still remember how most of the tracks from shareware versions looked like. However, I have no idea how the later levels from full version looked like ;)

Even the official website is still up - http://www.elastomania.com/

About Trials - I`ll probably wait for PC performance impressions. And I skipped Trials Evolution, so guess I'll buy that first.

Sordid

1080p/60 fun per second on PS4 ( not confirmed on Xbox One, I guess the same).

720p/60 on 360 like the last two games.

It might not be exactly 720p on the 360, the last 2 games didn't quite make it according to beyond3d:

Trials HD = 1280x680 (no AA, black borders)
Trials Evolution = 1152x648 (FXAA)

That's why I'm kinda worried about the unconfirmed Xbox resolution, if it's below 1080p hopefully it isn't too far below.

RoadHazard

Haven't read through thread yet, but I did notice in a gameplay video I watched some significant pop-in. I really hope this has been addressed, because the previous games in the series i've played have been technical marvels. I've played two on Xbox Live Arcade and the Instant Game Collection entry on PS Vita, and love them all. I love the humour that permeates this series. I'd go so far to say it's one of the major draws of the game. This series has always cracked me up and I'm really looking forward to getting Fusion on PS4. Though the last time I bought a game with the word 'Fusion' in it on a Playstation console I was incredibly disappointed.
Also happened to be a racing game. :(

Hmm, there is no Trials game for Vita (nor for any other Playstation console prior to this one for PS4). Are you talking about Urban Trial Freestyle? That's a different series altogether, and from what I hear it's far worse than the actual Trials games.

Lima

Hmm, there is no Trials game for Vita (nor for any other Playstation console prior to this one for PS4). Are you talking about Urban Trial Freestyle? That's a different series altogether, and from what I hear it's far worse than the actual Trials games.

It's a decent game still. No Trials though that's for sure.

Overdoziz

Banned
I experienced the opposite. I had issues during beta but after two patches (after release) it worked great at 60fps.
Yeah as along as you can maintain a steady 60fps the game runs great. Anything below and the game starts slowing down and stuttering. There are also some minor texture pop-in issues.

RoadHazard

Physical version is about 350 SEK ($53.50) here in Sweden. Yaaay... (Not that this is in any way unusual, as we pay about $90-100 for a full-price game.) No idea what the digital version is yet, not up on PS Store.

Zafir

The only thing that really annoyed me was texture popping in the PC beta. When you restarted the level it was noticable. Small price to pay for the fact it put you back to the start instantly though I guess.

DirtyLarry

So still no confirmation on if the One version is also 1080p/60 as well?
I own either console and am leaning towards picking it up on the One as I know a few friends will be as well, so can have them on my leaderboard, but honestly I am also one that if I have a choice, I will get the superior version of the game from a technical standpoint, friends be damned.
So I would love a confirmation before the game is released. I actually reached out to the dev several times through Twitter asking for one, and nothing, which honestly does lead me to believe that perhaps it will not be, since they had no issues confirming the PS4 version was.

I am cool with either controller so that does not matter. So I really just want the better experience from a visual and technical perspective. Wish they would just confirm it one way or the other already.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I'm so bad at Trials I don't think I can buy it. I end up getting frustrated and wanting to throw the controller out of the window. Looks great but.

see5harp

So still no confirmation on if the One version is also 1080p/60 as well?
I own either console and am leaning towards picking it up on the One as I know a few friends will be as well, so can have them on my leaderboard, but honestly I am also one that if I have a choice, I will get the superior version of the game from a technical standpoint, friends be damned.
So I would love a confirmation before the game is released. I actually reached out to the dev several times through Twitter asking for one, and nothing, which honestly does lead me to believe that perhaps it will not be, since they had no issues confirming the PS4 version was.

I am cool with either controller so that does not matter. So I really just want the better experience from a visual and technical perspective. Wish they would just confirm it one way or the other already.

Same issue. I know that a significant number of people on xbox one will likely pick this up, and honestly I think I still prefer the triggers and left analog stick on the xbox one, but I'd feel dirty about spending money on a version that performed worse. The $10 PSN credit sitting in my account from launch is also a tiny factor. I suppose it's not a big deal as the reviews and videos will be up prior to release.

RoadHazard

On the Xbox360?

I suppose I might have just been less sensitive to it back then, but I really didn't notice any framerate issues.

There were small issues on some tracks for sure. And on user-created tracks the framerate could seriously plummet when there's a lot going on.

What about ghosts of your friends?

Don't think we've seen this, but my guess is that it'll just be markers (a dot with your friend's name), like last time. It's a shame, as Trials 2 SE had proper ghosts to race against.

Top Bottom