• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

baconcow

Don't really understand why you would do this. Why didn't you wait? The season pass doesn't cost any more now than it did at release, and you didn't save anything by buying the deluxe edition of the game. If you bought the retail version you had no choice, I guess, but if you bought the digital version there was no reason to buy the season pass before you knew what it would include.

In a similar situation, except I was able to pre-order the Deluxe physical version for $34 (instead of paying $40, so I figured it would be a deal based on previous Trials HD and Trials Evolution DLC).

Zack117

Banned
Just read the patch notes. Very disappointing that they didn't remove the coffin exploit.

Redlynx forums must be exploding right now.

Overdoziz

Banned
Only 6 pure Trials tracks, yes. It's also got a trick track (FMX), a skill game, and a couple multiplayer tracks as well.
Man, what happened at Redlynx? Less tracks at launch, no online multiplayer, delayed and half-assed tournaments, and now these tiny DLC packs this long after launch. And all this with over twice as many people working on the game.

Zack117

Banned
Man, what happened at Redlynx? Less tracks at launch, no online multiplayer, delayed and half-assed tournaments, and now these tiny DLC packs this long after launch. And all this with over twice as many people working on the game.

I honestly don't know, but it may have something to do with Ubisoft.

At this juncture, I don't really see a reason to buy the season pass except for the leaderboard rankings and support for the game. The community does daily come up with great tracks.

baconcow

According to Wikipedia, RedLynx had 34 employees in 2007. Making the assumption that Trials HD was made with these 34 employees, we fast forward to the developer team working on Trials Fusion. According to Eurogamer; "All in all, Fusion is a huge project, one which RedLynx's 110-strong team have been able to source manpower from another 100 extra Ubisoft staff to support". Now, who knows how many hours were put from each of the developers on the team. However, from 40 tracks to 6 tracks for a nearly equally-priced DLC (~$5) pack, there is definitely room for concern.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Porting to next gen stole some resources, and they're probably already working on their next game right now. The concept of a season pass is a little anti consumer, as we're seeing now.

I've actually found the tournaments to be quite fun. There are always new ones to try, and it's fun seeing how well I can rank on the leaderboards. It's kept me coming back nearly daily for a while now.

I don't think the DLC is a bad deal if you go the season pass route. Because when all that DLC is out, it should nearly double the content of the game. .

pacman85

I will wait for the season pass to go on sale for half price $10 and get that. $10 seems reasonable for these additional 6 DLC packs.

RoadHazard

Just read the patch notes. Very disappointing that they didn't remove the coffin exploit.

They already did in the last patch. And they're in the process of removing runs that use it to get good times, which is gonna take a while as it involves a lot of manual work. Apparently they put one employee on this full time.

According to Wikipedia, RedLynx had 34 employees in 2007. Making the assumption that Trials HD was made with these 34 employees, we fast forward to the developer team working on Trials Fusion. According to Eurogamer; "All in all, Fusion is a huge project, one which RedLynx's 110-strong team have been able to source manpower from another 100 extra Ubisoft staff to support". Now, who knows how many hours were put from each of the developers on the team. However, from 40 tracks to 6 tracks for a nearly equally-priced DLC (~$5) pack, there is definitely room for concern.

Microsoft should have purchased them instead.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Wasn't it just the Hazmat Suit? I got that a month after launch when they fixed the season pass redemption on PS4

Can you imagine if that stuff is broken next week? Oh man.

Zack117

Banned
They already did in the last patch. And they're in the process of removing runs that use it to get good times, which is gonna take a while as it involves a lot of manual work. Apparently they put one employee on this full time.
Oh, I didn't know about that. Haven't followed the scene for a while.

Seriously? They need a real person to do this? Why not just delete every run that has inputs of the right analog stick? This shouldn't be a problem to detect.

Gotta try the coffin by myself on the trials when I play the game next time... which doesn't happen often atm. Hard to believe that they removed it without cleaning the leaderboards before.

I also made use of that exploit and I'm already looking forward to get my times back.

Wasn't it just the Hazmat Suit? I got that a month after launch when they fixed the season pass redemption on PS4

Can you imagine if that stuff is broken next week? Oh man.
No, it was supposed to be some bike skins as well as a rhino helmet. As of this morning it wasn't working on my copy.

RoadHazard

I bought Fusion on Steam, but I would happily trade it for a better version on Xbox.

Well, I wouldn't buy an XBO just for this game (and I don't feel that it's otherwise worth getting one when I already have a PS4), so that would have meant no Trials at all for me. Ubi buying them clearly hasn't been optimal for fans of the series (other than the fact that people on more platforms get to play the games), but yeah.

Oh, I didn't know about that. Haven't followed the scene for a while.

Seriously? They need a real person to do this? Why not just delete every run that has inputs of the right analog stick? This shouldn't be a problem to detect.

That would be extremely unfair to everyone who might just have done some tricks for fun without actually using the exploit. You are allowed to do that after all, it's part of the game now. Or maybe you just accidentally flicked the right stick, should that disqualify your run? No, what they're doing is much more fair. It's just gonna take longer.

vortz

Im interested in getting into trials franchise. Not really interested in any online aspect of the game.

Should I go for Fusion, o is evolution good enough as a stepping stone?

I've read in various places that evo is superior to fusion. Is there consensus about this?

Im on pc btw.

Im interested in getting into trials franchise. Not really interested in any online aspect of the game.

I've read in various places that evo is superior to fusion. Is there consensus about this?

Im on pc btw.

Just get Fusion. Unless Evolution can be bought for cheap. Then just go for that now. You can always pick up Fusion down the road.

The_Dude

It's coming on Tuesday.
Yep, got a bit ahead of myself when I saw the update, thinking it was the DLC. Interesting that they added the other 5 packs to the menu already, they all say Upcoming Content Pack instead of Coming Soon like the first one.

Also, some of the menu graphics are messed up now. The spinning globe when I connect to the servers is weird and there are a whole lot of blocks of color on the left of the event select screen.

Im on pc btw.

Evo. It's not even close.

krpiper

I am on the fence about this game. I know that there is a low number of tracks that is made by RedLynx but how is the created tracks? and most importantly, hows the mini games!

I am on PS4

RoadHazard

I am on the fence about this game. I know that there is a low number of tracks that is made by RedLynx but how is the created tracks? and most importantly, hows the mini games!

I am on PS4

There isn't exactly a "low" number of RL tracks. Less than Evo, probably, but still a decent amount. There are loads of user-created tracks (the game on PS4 is telling me ~17,400 right now), and many really good ones. Don't know about skill games though, don't really play those. Trials is about trial tracks for me.

On PC? Did they fix the issues with it?

Don't believe they have. Still a matter of getting lucky. The game might run flawlessly on your machine, or it might run like crap, for no good reason.

Cajun

Neo Member
I can't shake the feeling that even if RedLynx is being held back by a large pubisher, they wouldn't only release six trials on a DLC and call it day. Didn't they say the gigatrack of Fusion would be DLC? If one or more of those six tracks are ten minutes long, it would definitely help out the length and replayability of the DLC. Especially so if the challenges and skill game are challenging/unique. I could care less about the FMX and local MP though.

I'm trying not to count out RL too soon, but seeing "6" after months of waiting is almost an insult.

krpiper

I bit the bullet. Based on what you guys are saying I am not missing much (anythig yet) but just getting the vanilla game.

PSN is krpiper

sneaky77

I can't shake the feeling that even if RedLynx is being held back by a large pubisher, they wouldn't only release six trials on a DLC and call it day. Didn't they say the gigatrack of Fusion would be DLC? If one or more of those six tracks are ten minutes long, it would definitely help out the length and replayability of the DLC. Especially so if the challenges and skill game are challenging/unique. I could care less about the FMX and local MP though.

I'm trying not to count out RL too soon, but seeing "6" after months of waiting is almost an insult.

if you want a gigatrack, play the Cave from the user created tracks, amazing long track

Returners

Are there any problems for people redeeming the Season Pass from the disc version on PS4?

I redeemed it, shows up in my installed library as "Installed". But in game the season pass isn't checked off.

EDIT: i saw who made the OP. Then I understood why whitehawk's ghost is always in front of me....

atomsk

Party Pooper
For Xbox One users the DLC is up, if you've got a season pass and it now says you don't, it will work anyway if you click download

As for 360
We have verified that the DLC is now available for Season Pass owners through the Xbox 360 in-game store here in Europe. So the Season Pass that you have purchased should be working correctly. Please just remember to use the in-game store to download your pre-ordered DLC content.

Not up on PS4 yet (just checked) Dunno about PC. (edit: saw one post saying it's up on PC)

YMMV based on where you live I suppose.

I really hope PS4 owners are not forced to wait for GCT

Europe won't be getting the DLC today on PS4. North America will get it later today.

Are there any problems for people redeeming the Season Pass from the disc version on PS4?

I redeemed it, shows up in my installed library as "Installed". But in game the season pass isn't checked off.

It should be fine. It just looks wrong. I asked them on their forums and that's what they said.

atomsk

Party Pooper
It's up on the SEN store

Even though the game says I don't have the season pass, the SEN store said "free" (instead of the 3.99 it costs), so I purchased it. It now shows up under my add-ons as installed

But the game won't recognize it. Fucks sake.

I don't have time to sort this out today.

edit: it's finally showing up. still says I don't own the season pass though

This is up on the Xbox Store. Any thoughts?

I just went through 5 of the 6 Trials tracks and they're pretty great tracks. The other stuff doesn't interest me, but there is an FMX track and a couple multiplayer tracks.

I think the DLC for this game only makes sense if you do the season pass. What they're charging for the individual pieces is kinda ridiculous. If you want more Trials I say buy the season pass.

Top Bottom