• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRUTHFACT: MS having eSRAM yield problems on Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhindle

If anything, today's reconfirmation of the November launch indicates they're confident on production yields. The APU should be going to full commercial production very soon to make the November launch date.

Skeff

It wasn't nonsensical. It was so you'd be surprised when the hood flipped back revealing it was Master Chief underneath.

I think he meant nonsensical as the cloak wouldn't really do much to stop him from getting sand in his eyes, because he's wearing a suit of armor including a helmet.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
If anything, today's reconfirmation of the November launch indicates they're confident on production yields. The APU should be going to full commercial production very soon to make the November launch date.

I guess I'm either confused or missed the point entirely. How can you delay launch in 8 markets and be confident in production yields?

Rhindle

I guess I'm either confused or missed the point entirely. How can you delay launch in 8 markets and be confident in production yields?
They're launching in all the biggest markets. The 8 that were delayed would account for maybe 5 or 10% of the total launch allocation. It's obviously not production related.

all MS needs to do is feed false leaks internally to limited amounts of people and see if they surface...if so, they will be able to establish a list of possible cboats, or at least people who may speak to cboat.

unless...

there are multiple cboats.
In Duckhunt, CBOAT is the gun, not the duck. He'd probably be the one giving the orders to spread false leaks to weed-out the leakers. He's like Jack Nicholson in The Departed. The big boss trying to find the rat, but the big boss is the rat!

/Shamallama titE tw1ster

GodofWine

Its some new math I think.

13 countries with 100% pre order fill > 21 countries with 60% pre order fill rate

13 > 12.6

boom

:)

(all numbers above are meanlingless)

Darklor01

They're launching in all the biggest markets. The 8 that were delayed would account for maybe 5 or 10% of the total launch allocation. It's obviously not production related.

I guess. I mean, I'm no expert at all in this area. It just sounds like they couldn't produce what they were predicted to produce.

We don't have a clue about how many units they're making for launch. It could also mean they couldn't make enough for all 21 countries and had to cut back.

I think he meant nonsensical as the cloak wouldn't really do much to stop him from getting sand in his eyes, because he's wearing a suit of armor including a helmet.

That's assuming the reason he's wearing the cloak is to stop sand from getting in his eyes.

Master Chief could be wearing the cloak to decrease his visibility. Maybe someone's looking for him?

KoopaTheCasual

ibaD932yCIYnXz.gif

Verendus and Mortimer confirmed TLG is still coming.

Yea, but shame they didn't mention a re-reveal date. Fingers crossed from TGS. It would make the most sense for a re-reveal.

Rat Salad

Banned
Glad i preordered early. Eh the console will be just that more in demand if peeps cant get their hands on one. Wish i would have preordered another just to flip it to a fool with too much money. There's always a few every launch. 😎😎😎

Drek

Or they're so tight that they're cutting everywhere and that 5-10% is essential to have anything substantial anywhere.

Legitimate launch in 13 regions > paper launch in 21 regions.

Darklor01

Or they're so tight that they're cutting everywhere and that 5-10% is essential to have anything substantial anywhere.

I don't think I read that they are guaranteeing they met or will meet whatever yield they thought they would have in the 13 markets either. Just that they would meet the November launch in 13 markets. Could be wrong though.

SenjutsuSage

Halo TV Series Promoter - Live from: Reach
CBOAT resurfaces the day after Kendrick Lamar destroyed the rap game?

No way that's a coincidence.

Kevin Hart's response was epic. Also, back on topic, if this has anything at all to do with launch stock, then I much prefer Microsoft save more units for the USA and other more major territories. As the Xbox brand's largest market, it only makes sense for them to do that.

Dlacy13g

Or could they be pulling launch units from those 8 to bolster their launch allocation in the now 13 or more apt in N. America? Sony hasn't announced where they are launching specifically outside of a general comment of N. America and Europe. Given what we have seen with Pre-order allocation for N.American stores so far it seems like Sony is loading up heavily in N. America. Could MS be concerned they have not allocated enough in N. America to keep Sony from getting a dominant head start?

Dartastic

Believe.

cboat.jpg

I wonder what he means by next week there will be more...
I don't. Yields have been low for the console? That only means one of three things are happening. Release date is going to be late in the year to ensure sufficient supply in key markets (think end Nov at the absolute earliest, probably closer to mid Dec.), the ACTUAL reason for the delay in those 8 markets was to bolster supply to meet demand in key markets for their original release date to ensure that it doesn't slide, or the release date is pushed to 2014, like we saw in that earlier thread. Either way, ruh roh.

...now CBOAT should comment on that Oct 21st. PS4 thread. :p

Darklor01

Or could they be pulling launch units from those 8 to bolster their launch allocation in the now 13 or more apt in N. America? Sony hasn't announced where they are launching specifically outside of a general comment of N. America and Europe. Given what we have seen with Pre-order allocation for N.American stores so far it seems like Sony is loading up heavily in N. America. Could MS be concerned they have not allocated enough in N. America to keep Sony from getting a dominant head start?

Sounds like two sides of the same coin to me.

Gorillaz

Sony's ship has been sealed more so then before. They were the leakiest MFers out there for years

This E3 nothing was leaked from there show. I guess not telling even their own devs anything makes it hard to leak info

SnakeEyes

Banned
Imagine the hilariousness if CBOAT turned out to be Ballmer.
I'd find it more plausible that it's actually Don Mattrick, and he no longer gives any fucks.

Also, CboaT for the win! Keep delivering me that delicious Xbone news :D

It's pretty obvious who CBOAT is
xbox_one_don_mattrick_31197.jpg

If Mattrick and his jackets are going down you damn well know he is taking MS down with him
Damnit, beat me to it! :D

This should be included at the start of every CBOAT thread so that people stop posting... HOW DO WE KNOW HE'S RELIABLE? yadda yadda

The only thing I think he got "wrong" recently was Prince of Persia at E3 but that could have been pulled or maybe someone confused the Halo 5 teaser as POP with the desert setting and Master Chief in a non-sensical cloak.

A few weeks later, a remake of Prince of Persia 2 was announced and released for iPhone and Android. Considering the platforms of the original PoP remake, it wouldn't be surprising if the PoP2 remake will eventually make it to XBLA/PSN.

jcm

You think MS reducing the scope of their launch is an indication that production is going well? For real?

Krakn3Dfx

Takes some special reasoning to chisel that out of the stone of today's announcement combined with CBOAT's words of wisdom, but whatever helps you feel better about this.

SenjutsuSage

Halo TV Series Promoter - Live from: Reach
This is pretty crazy accurate.

Until you realize that the op linked to says absolutely nothing about Dead Rising 3 being exclusive to the Xbox One. It simply talks about exclusive DLC for some other Capcom game. And who honestly couldn't predict or suspect that Blask Tusk, being such a new development studio, wouldn't somehow be well behind schedule for actual release of anything?

Until you realize that the op linked to says absolutely nothing about Dead Rising 3 being exclusive to the Xbox One. It simply talks about exclusive DLC for some other Capcom game.

I don't know. The fact that this

^_^ deadreising3 and exclcusive DLC for other capcpom game

was given in the xbox E3 info thread by cboat, it certainly reads exclusive to me

Guess it require some inference though and that can be debated

Until you realize that the op linked to says absolutely nothing about Dead Rising 3 being exclusive to the Xbox One. It simply talks about exclusive DLC for some other Capcom game. And who honestly couldn't predict or suspect that Blask Tusk, being such a new development studio, wouldn't somehow be well behind schedule for actual release of anything?

Keep banging that drum. Even though no-one's dancing.

cboat might have to change his bidet. all that sodium can't be good for you

beast786

Sony's ship has been sealed more so then before. They were the leakiest MFers out there for years

This E3 nothing was leaked from there show. I guess not telling even their own devs anything makes it hard to leak info

I remember kojima said that even after dinner with cerny. They straight up told him nothing even after he asked

http://www.edge-online.com/news/hideo-kojima-on-sonys-ps4-plans/

"What will really determine whether or not it sells is what titles will be available for the platform. And unfortunately, even though I am friends with Mark Cerny, he’s never told me what other studios are working on. I even ate a meal with him recently and he didn’t tell me anything.”

After having all of e3 leaked, year after year. Sony seems to make a note to stop

Quite funny how the vast majority of people that doubt cboat are some of microsoft's biggest supporters around here.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
If anything, today's reconfirmation of the November launch indicates they're confident on production yields.
Yes, confident that they won't be able to make enough for fully a third of the markets they originally announced. That's certainly one way of looking at it.

nib95

Banned

Lol.

Soldier%20almost%20gets%20shot%20in%20the%20head.gif

B.O.O.M

Guys the actual last positive truthfact by CBOAT on the XBone was actually regarding Dead Rising 3. He said it's not a timed exclusive iirc

That said I think it's best if no one makes a serious attempt to guess who is...his services are too awesome to risk even in a small way

oh and I would not be surprised at all if the Prince of Persia at MS E3 was regarding the Halo trailer. Guess he or whoever told him saw parts of it and thought it was for the PoP game. Hell even I thought it was going to be a prince of persia lol

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

LoL. Yes, when you are having production issues you ship more and when production is high you cut back. They should also raise the price to increase sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom