• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Minutes Hate, redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

I cannot BELIEVE this thread is still going as strong as it is. It's like the entire population of GAF was just SCREAMING to turn into OA and revel in their God-given right to grouse, bitch, piss and moan. God bless you all.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I only just started reading this thread so I'm sorry if someone already asked this but someone in the beginning quoted evilore saying:

Loki, dude, if you're willing to type out thousands of words that barely skim the issue at hand, perhaps you should instead spend the time deeply considering your views and trying to come to distinct conclusions. I'm a pretty young fellow, but I've certainly had enough time to gather my thoughts on the subject.

What the hell is rationally "disagreeable" with homosexuality, besides the obvious that it's not reproductively constructive? Even then, we're faced with population crises all over the world. Consenting adults of sound mind feel an attraction to the same sex and act on it to sate their physical and emotional needs. No one is hurt, unlike pedo. No incestual defects are birthed. Some male homosexual sex acts might be prone to spreading some diseases easier than vaginal intercourse, but hetero couples have plenty of anal too. If we're to disregard faith-based doctrine as a legitimate argument, then what are you left with? I'm very curious.

You have an opportunity to prove yourself here. Capitalize on it, or earn a respect -1 token...to go along with your new tag ;b

does this mean you are find with two brothers being togethor? because that has none of your negative reasons either.

Good lord, I feel so angry after reading this thread. :lol

I don't hate anyone here, but some posters can be annoying at times.

Sorry jarrod, I hate to pick on you, but for the love of Moses could you STOP SPEAKING IN LISTS!?

Matlock

Banned
I'm still amazed that nobody's hated on me yet.

Wasabi's gonna get some hate here, tho. Sometimes he's cool, sometimes he's a giant jackass that tries to play himself off as a wannabe player an an old-school mod of GAF. Ugh.

demi, you're just demi

disco stu, you post like a 15 year old girl. seriously, jesus.

Rorschach

BobbyRobby said:
Why do you care so much if his own girlfriend didn't? All she did was show one guy pictures of her tits as a favor to her boyfriend. She is not a, "fucking prostitute." There are tons of girls who have no problem showing people their breasts.

"for fucking electronics", Hell, most girls do it for beads. At least she did it for a PSP. Lighten up.

Spy on his neighbors? Who cares? Posting those pictures on this forum did not affect that man's life whatsoever, and there was a miniscule chance that it might have. It was funny. Plus, I have seen nothing more than a couple of racist comments from Olimario. I wouldn't exactly call that 'spouting'.

You disgust me. Stop passing judgement on the man, when you are obviously a hateful, bitter man yourself.
It's not about how it affected his life, it's about him being a hypocrite. I don't give two shits about his girlfriend. I don't give two shits about his neighbore. I'm explaining why we find him incredibly annoying and why everyone brings the hate on him. You've only seen a few racists comments HERE. Oh, and because it's a few, that makes it ok? He's only a LITTLE racist. Oh gee. Get a fucking clue and learn how to read in context, you dumb fuck.

Pimpwerx

I hate Sega fans. There...I've said it. Get the fuck over it. Your company sucks, yet you donate money to them like they're a charity. They make lame fucking games that you try to pass off as "innovative". Guess what? No one's buying it. They should have folded completely, but in this day and age, even mediocrity can survive.

Conservatives and anyone who voted for Bush. You're a fucking idiot. Let's not mince words, even you question your decision now b/c you know you voted for a dumbass who's lying to you. Yeah, and that war in Iraq affects us all, douchebags. When the revolution comes, you will not be spared.

jinx: I hate you. I don't know why...oh wait, I do. Your posts are whiney and piece of shitty. But we're ok in chat...I think.

MikeWorks: Other mod I hate. Your Draconian style of modding sucks my ass. You're funny in small doses, although I think we're ok in chat...I think.

Shog: Segabot! Segabot! Segabot! Segabot! Segabot! Segabot! Segabot! Segabot! :lol

olimario: What can I say that hasn't already been said about Hitler, Stalin and a big pile of shit? Oh yeah, you're a fucking douchebag. See you next Tuesday.

Manabyte: You Bill Gates looking motherfucker. I just don't like you. Each word in your posts are like pointy knives stabbing me in my brain with stupidity. Marinate on that.

Religious people...you're the punchline, suckers. :lol

That's all the hate I have for now. PEACE.

Matlock

Banned
Duck of Death said:
Oh what the hell, I'll make your day Matlock! I hate you because you don't like Yoshi's Island :(

I don't see how "this isn't the greatest game evar, it's good, but not the greatest!!!" is not liking it. :D

Matlock said:
I don't see how "this isn't the greatest game evar, it's good, but not the greatest!!!" is not liking it. :D

You said it had poor level design. POOR LEVEL DESIGN.

And then you proceed to pimp out Psi-Ops.

Now I hate you even more

Rorschach said:
It's not about how it affected his life, it's about him being a hypocrite. I don't give two shits about his girlfriend. I don't give two shits about his neighbore. I'm explaining why we find him incredibly annoying and why everyone brings the hate on him. You've only seen a few racists comments HERE. Oh, and because it's a few, that makes it ok? He's only a LITTLE racist. Oh gee. Get a fucking clue and learn how to read in context, you dumb fuck.

You just made it sound like its something he does all the time, and it isn't. I didn't say it was alright.

Maybe everyone hates on him because people like you who make mountains out of molehills, and all the group-think that takes place here. It seems like its just the cool thing to hate on him. I really don't think the amount of hate the guy receives is not proportional to his actions or words.

BTW, when you say, 'fucking', it doesn't give anymore merit to your opinions. It just makes it look like you're getting your panties in a bunch.

miyuru

BobbyRobby makes some good points, especially with the groupthink theory, it's very true and applies to GAF as much as to any other group.

I gotta admit, I like hating on Oli because everyone else does :lol

fart

Savant
you said it yourself. he's a whiney, racist, mysogenist asshole. even if he's only blatantly so sometimes (and the rest of the time is aggravating in a hundred other ways), most people don't, and don't have to, tolerate that bullshit.

"mountains out of molehills"? the guy is fucking scum. the fact that there are guys who are even worse doesn't close to excuse him.

Rorschach

BobbyRobby said:
You just made it sound like its something he does all the time, and it isn't. I didn't say it was alright. Maybe everyone hates on him because people like you who make mountains out of molehills, and all the group-think that takes place here. It seems like its just the cool thing to hate on him. I really don't think the amount of hate the guy receives is not proportional to his actions or words.
He does contradict himself constantly. He's a walking contradiction. That's the point. Not the single incident, not a couple of incidents, but very often. Don't come preaching to people about merits, morals, values, and religion when you don't follow your own words. It's also his attitude towards other people. When you're always posting in a condescending way towards other people, they're bound to give you flak for it.

He is correct when he says he has simmered down. He admits it. No, wait, I guess you're right. It's just a hive mentality! Why must people always blame things they don't understand on that?

BTW, when you say, 'fucking', it doesn't give anymore merit to your opinions. It just makes it look like you're getting your panties in a bunch.
Oh, fuck off you pretentious prick.

Rorschach said:
He does contradict himself constantly. He's a walking contradiction. That's the point. Not the single incident, not a couple of incidents, but very often. Don't come preaching to people about merits, morals, values, and religion when you don't follow your own words. It's also his attitude towards other people. When you're always posting in a condescending way towards other people, they're bound to give you flak for it.

I don't see why someone would become so angered by Olimario's judgements, if they knew the guy was contradicting himself. When I encounter that, I just think, "This guys is full of shit", and laugh. You must have some kind of anger problem, or be insecure of yourself if it bothers you that much.

He is correct when he says he has simmered down. He admits it. No, wait, I guess you're right. It's just a hive mentality! Why must people always blame things they don't understand on that?

He may have simmered down, but I don't think he was ever that bad to begin with. I find it easier to believe that its hive mentality, than that everyone is so irrational to become outraged by some guy they don't even know judging them over the internet.

MC Safety

Matlock said:
I'm still amazed that nobody's hated on me yet.

Wasabi's gonna get some hate here, tho. Sometimes he's cool, sometimes he's a giant jackass that tries to play himself off as a wannabe player an an old-school mod of GAF. Ugh.

demi, you're just demi

disco stu, you post like a 15 year old girl. seriously, jesus.

With scarring criticism like that, I'm just going to disinvite you from the sweet 16.

Oh, and I hate the phrase "hating on."

android

Theoretical Magician
What pisses me off about him is this..
olimario said:
I'll try to be better and I'll try to escape the hate that surrounds me by being myself. I hope I can get second chances from people. Olimario is an abbrasive, opinionated attention whore and Gary is not.
He seems to think he can blame his actions on some fictional character on the two boards. He refuses to take responsibilty for the actions that are Gary's fault and his fault alone. Olimario is nothing but eight letters at the side of his posts on a messageboard. Olimario isn't a abbrasive, opinionated attention whore, Gary is. IF he didn't say that I would have ZERO problem with him and his request for us to view him differently from now on.

etiolate

Banned
I just see hypocrisy as forum policy, so that doesn't bug me so much with Oli. It's the attention whoring stuff and I think really he should just bust ouf of the cloest already.

FoneBone

slayn said:
I only just started reading this thread so I'm sorry if someone already asked this but someone in the beginning quoted evilore saying:

does this mean you are find with two brothers being togethor? because that has none of your negative reasons either.
I don't agree with Loki's opinion (whatever it is :p), but I'm letting it slide... I'd advise the same.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
BobbyRobby said:
He may have simmered down, but I don't think he was ever that bad to begin with.

olimario said:
But I do find obese people disgusting. Why would I hide my views on that? To make obese people feel semi-normal about their condition?
In the "precum" thread. (I thought within-GAF links were okay, if not, I guess I'm banned.)

I dunno, he's an arrogant prick who likes to belittle other people to make himself feel good. I mean, you know, disregarding the totally obnxoious "hay guys I touched a pussy today!" threads and the pictures of his cock, I think that makes him "that bad." He's full of anger and vitriol. I can see why people disregard him. But like I said, he's worthy of one syllable in my opinion: cunt.

Oh yeah, and Matlock tries too hard. Sorry buddy.

kernel

I don't know if this applies to anyone at GAF, but lately I've been coming across a lot of toilets smeared with shit. Apparently there are people in this world who can't even shit straight. Such a simple, simple fucken thing. I hope all of you go to hell and have your fucken asses sewed up so that you're forced to shit out of your pores for eternity.

FUCK. I hate that space on the internet has to be wasted to explain something like this. Shit IN the bowl, not around the bowl. In. The. Bowl.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I guess its time I contribute... afterall, hate is what made me start posting here in the first place.

in the previous incarnation of gaf, I lurked for a few months I think. Just read for the gaming news, etc. Then I happened across a poster by the name of SolidSnakeX. From the first post of his I ever read I disliked him. As I saw him pop up more and more, the hatred grew, blossoming into a beatiful flower of seething hatred.

One day I got so fed up I decided to vent by joining gaf to bitch him out, get banned, and be on my way. So I did so. But then I didn't get banned. Well so I tried bitching ssx out the next time he made me mad too, still didn't get banned. So eventually I just decided, 'well fuck, if they're not gonna ban me I guess I'll just stay.' And to this day I've never been banned :D

I guess I just suck at being mean :(

other people that annoy me are jinx and loki. Intended or not their posts reek of arrogance which completely demolishes whatever meaning their was to their posts for me. I can only get maybe halfway through their posts before I want to strangle them even if I agree with their point. I think they both could be cool people to hang around with but they'd need to be brought down a peg or two first.

The only person I've ever hated enough to put on ignore is greekboy, but I'm not sure if someone like him even needs mention.

Loki

Count of Concision
FoneBone said:
I don't agree with Loki's opinion (whatever it is :p), but I'm letting it slide... I'd advise the same.

No, I think he was responding to EviLore's post (where he detailed the possible "negatives" of homosexuality), not mine. :) He was asking if EviLore would be fine with two brothers hooking up, since it would likewise have none of the stated "negative features." That's my take on his post, at least.

My trolling of Diablos has come to fruition with mention in the hate thread.

WOOT!

Diablos - You defend Corgan way too much for your own good. Get over the Smashing Pumpkins. They were a good band for their time, but like many things they become dated.

BobbyRobby - You're fucking pathetic. Defending Olimario's bigotry. You my friend are an asshat, and a bigot lover.

You should be forced to spend a year with Olimario on a raft, just you and him, and 100 people of color. Won't that be grand, eh.

Diablos

Sirpopopop said:
Diablos - You defend Corgan way too much for your own good. Get over the Smashing Pumpkins. They were a good band for their time, but like many things they become dated.
If that's all you could come up with, then clearly you know what I said was right. Go back to listening to !!! or some stupid indie band that won't matter 2 weeks from now.

Sirpopopop said:
BobbyRobby - You're fucking pathetic. Defending Olimario's bigotry. You my friend are an asshat, and a bigot lover.

You should be forced to spend a year with Olimario on a raft, just you and him, and 100 people of color. Won't that be grand, eh.

I don't recall defending his bigotry. I just said that the one poster was overreacting when he said Olimario spouts out racism.

And sorry I don't automatically think, "Oh my gosh, he is a racist! I hate him", whenever somebody says something racist. You know, some people like to talk to those types of people, and maybe convince them with rational arguments instead of immediately demonizing them and breaking off communication with them.

Diablos

Society said:
He has, at OA. Unless that was some ugly dude.
That wasn't my real pic, I just posted it so rejects like demi would shut up.

Hey Eminem, looks like our pal has yet to come up with a good reason to defend his claim that we're so out of the loop. I think he's a bit retarded.

Jeez I try to be reasonable with you, and you're the one who comes out swinging with the cheap shots.

Typical Diablos.

How the fuck does what I say agree with anything that you said?

You claim that the Smashing Pumpkins are the pinnacle of music.

I claim that you're wrong. I say the Pumpkins are a good band for their time, that's it. Siamese Dream is their ticket. Adore & Gish were worth a few throwaway listens. Mellon Collie is/was a mess.

No, I don't hate the Smashing Pumpkins, but the problem with you Pumpkinoids is that you exalt them to levels they shouldn't be at.At least Weezer fans are able to acknowledge that their later work isn't up to snuff.

Smashing Pumpkin fans can't deal with the fact that Mellon Collie was a bloated mess of a work that was way too big to begin with.Half the songs on the first and second cds merited an automatic skip. That makes for a bad listen. However, to the SP drones, it's a work of genius. To everyone else, it's the reason why Adore flopped in the marketplace.

Diablos

Yeah, male serafitio my ass. Too bad I kept it contained to one forum and didn't create a faux ego to go along with the pic.

Shut the fuck up demi, you're such a twat.

Belfast

When I started reading this thread I was all ready to hate and now, 20 pages later, my interest has petered out. :( It started out all fun and stuff, but degenerated into an OT shitfest concerning people I don't really care about. :\

Maybe you guys can rekindle it for me. I want to spit hot fire like all the cool kids!
I do find it ironic that the only mention I got in this thread was, once again, someone not realizing I was a mod. :(

BobbyRobby said:
I don't recall defending his bigotry. I just said that the one poster was overreacting when he said Olimario spouts out racism.

And sorry I don't automatically think, "Oh my gosh, he is a racist! I hate him", whenever somebody says something racist. You know, some people like to talk to those types of people, and maybe convince them with rational arguments instead of immediately demonizing them and breaking off communication with them.

Rational arguments with a racist?

Man, you probably never ever experienced racism in your lifetime.

To co-opt a web term: You're a fucking noob at life.

Diablos

Popo: Adore flopped in the marketplace because it wasn't Mellon Collie part 2. Virgin Records wanted to milk a few more double CD's out of them. The Pumpkins did exactly what you wanted them to do, only a little later. You just ate your own words. Most Pumpkins fans know MCIS is not their best CD. My personal favs are SD and Adore. I think a lot of the songs on MCIS could be replaced with b-sides from The Aeroplane Flies High, it also could have been narrowed down to one disc. I think Corgan said the same thing in a recent interview.

Doesn't change the fact that MCIS is the best selling double album of the 90's. Sorry it wasn't your favorite indie rock band.

Belfast said:
When I started reading this thread I was all ready to hate and now, 20 pages later, my interest has petered out. :( It started out all fun and stuff, but degenerated into an OT shitfest concerning people I don't really care about. :\

Maybe you guys can rekindle it for me. I want to spit hot fire like all the cool kids!
I do find it ironic that the only mention I got in this thread was, once again, someone not realizing I was a mod. :(

Your advocacy for certain kinds of "legalized" drugs over marijuana disturbs me.

There, you get some hate in this thread.

Diablos said:
Popo: Adore flopped in the marketplace because it wasn't Mellon Collie part 2. Virgin Records wanted to milk a few more double CD's out of them. The Pumpkins did exactly what you wanted them to do, only a little later. You just ate your own words.

Record companies are dumb.

Mellon Collie Pt.2 flopped, it's called Machina.

I didn't eat my own words, you just slapped together a bunch of disparate facts and called it an argument.

Edit: Oh wow, MCIS was the best selling double album of the 90's. That means jack shit about its quality.

I don't need record sales to validate my taste in music thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom