UFC on ESPN2 - Barboza v Gaethje

Feb 8, 2018

A Lightweight match up with the potential to be the most violent in division history goes down inside Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pa., this Saturday (March 30, 2019) when Edson Barboza squares off with Justin Gaethje in UFC on ESPN 2’s main event. Fight fans will also get to enjoy a Middleweight bout between David Branch and Jack Hermansson, as well as a Featherweight slugfest between Josh Emmett and Michael Johnson.

SBNation preview & more info

Main card

Prelims:

Early prelims

Main will hopefully go into the championship rounds, Barboza says he's ready for a 25 minute war, but with him it could end at any point.

This and the ONE Championship event the next day means MMA Overload. Get your fight milk in.

manfestival

Nov 12, 2009
HOT DANG BOI
This card is STACKED. I guess UFC really wants to impress ESPN. This is almost as good as some of the better PPV. Rayborg in in the early prelim(cause he is against a UFC debuter I am assuming) which I know this is their strategy for trying to sell that fight pass.

Side Note: We need our MMA general thread back. Lots of MMA threads popping up lately. I want to see this one.

manfestival

Nov 12, 2009
Random news:

Sounds like Askren vs Masvidal is gonna be next.
ugh so does that mean we are getting usman vs colby? ugh
I get that colby earned his spot but I don't care for the guy at all

Last edited:

JareBear

Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
ugh so does that mean we are getting usman vs colby? ugh
I get that colby earned his spot but I don't care for the guy at all

My first thought was: "How is this gonna look any different than the Lawler figh?"

I can see it playing out exactly the same. Jorge rocking Ben early, Ben surviving, Ben gets a hold of Jorge and that will be a wrap.

I wouldn't mind seeing Pettis vs Lawler now, though

Reactions: Cunth

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
My first thought was: "How is this gonna look any different than the Lawler figh?"

I can see it playing out exactly the same. Jorge rocking Ben early, Ben surviving, Ben gets a hold of Jorge and that will be a wrap.

Lawler would smash Pettis

Reactions: Night.Ninja

manfestival

Nov 12, 2009

In like most of Lawlers fights. He gets knocked out to some degree at least once. He Zombies through it and gets wins. I imagine he would just run a train on Pettis though.