• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WEDNESDAYTON PT 3 or: How sony fans stopped worrying and learned to love the bomba

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullytao

My greatest apolagies if this has already been covered a few time in this thread. Does anyone know if the Home open beta still comes out this year or is both the beta and retail next year?

RBH

Just got done reading through the thread.

It's funny to see how the mood of this thread changed as the keynote progressed. :lol

Darji

Banned
Grecco said:
Why are people expecting new announcements during the show?
because many fact hinted at heavy rain. Even the developer said so....

BY the way: Will SE have a conference too? I want to see Star Ocean 4

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Boring TGS really. MGS4 = woot, the rest = zzzzzz. I'm even no longer expecting much from WKS now that it's obvious last year's trailer was CG footage.

My Wanted list is now as follows:

MGS4
FFXIII
Soul Calibur IV
GTA IV
Ace Combat 6
RE 5

That, is, all. There is nothing else I actually want to buy that has been announced/shown. Everyone should just keep making PS2 games if they suck so much at making good next-gen games. So many games "look" interesting, until we actually play them. Too many next-gen games have pretty graphics only to end up with shitty gameplay designs.

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
Darji said:
because many fact hinted at heavy rain. Even the developer said so....

BY the way: Will SE have a conference too? I want to see Star Ocean 4

Love to hear what you have to say now about Microsoft at TGS?

Darji

Banned
Boring TGS really. MGS4 = woot, the rest = zzzzzz. I'm even no longer expecting much from WKS now that it's obvious last year's trailer was CG footage.
LOL its exact the same. The guys there just couldnt play this game......

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So what's up with FFVII section? What did we get from there??

ram

Phoenix Down said:
not 1 new title was announced for the PS3... Yet :D

flower? aqua? and yeah, you can add yakuza 3, valkyrie on the battlefield, and steambot chronicles 2...

but yes, so far, only some new games were announced - were is namco, konami, capcom...

Grimmy

Banned
ram said:
flower? aqua? and yeah, you can add yakuza 3, valkyrie on the battlefield, and steambot chronicles 2...

but yes, so far, only some new games were announced - were is namco, konami, capcom...

Wrong - Valkyrie and Yakuza 3 were arounded over a month ago. Flower and Aqua don't exactly count...

Ether_Snake said:

It looked exactly the same. Do you honestly expect people playing for the first time to be uber pros or something?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Any news on my beloved Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix???
I was really looking forward to seeing some gameplay footage @ TGS, but looks like its a no show :(

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
ParticleReality said:
It looked exactly the same. Do you honestly expect people playing for the first time to be uber pros or something?

No it did not, even IGN said the game had much more graphical issues than the trailer. And it is 100% obvious that the animation is NO WAY as good as the trailer, not by a long stretch. It was all scripted/pre-rendered, no doubt. Plus back then the game was said to be at 5% into production; there's no way the game would have looked that polished by that point especially now that we see how the game doesn't seem quite finished at all.

Just watch the old trailer again to see how flawless the animation was.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Ether_Snake said:
No it did not, even IGN said the game had much more graphical issues than the trailer. And it is 100% obvious that the animation is NO WAY as good as the trailer, not by a long stretch. It was all scripted/pre-rendered, no doubt. Plus back then the game was said to be at 5% into production; there's no way the game would have looked that polished by that point especially now that we see how the game doesn't seem quite finished at all.

Just watch the old trailer again to see how flawless the animation was.

I.....I...I don't know what to say. I.....thought you were.....with us? Don't develop thoughts of your own now. We......We need you.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
This thread is too big, can someone tell me what the megaton was, please? (or any info)

VonGak!

Banned
Why is Gaf always like this?

The thread is filled with people living high on PS3 not having many announcements at TGS (apart from the new PSN games, Sega games, DS3 controller, WKS game-play, MGS4 demo, mind blowing MGS4 trailer, AC6 on PS3 after all and so on) when their own preferred console brands have had so much less to announce the last couple of months.

It's as absurd as if the starving people in Africa making fun of the Americans because there's more soya than meat in their burgers. ^.^ They are drawn to this thread because they got nothing else to talk about.

Sharp

VonGak! said:
Why is Gaf always like this?

The thread is filled with people living high on PS3 not having many announcements at TGS (apart from the new PSN games, Sega games, DS3 controller, WKS game-play, MGS4 demo, mind blowing MGS4 trailer, AC6 on PS3 after all and so on) when their own preferred console brands have had so much less to announce the last couple of months.

It's as absurd as if the starving people in Africa making fun of the Americans because there's more soya than meat in their burgers. ^.^ They are drawn to this thread because they got nothing else to talk about.
Are you seriously comparing not owning a PS3 to starvation?

GDGF

Soothsayer
I went to a party and drank absinthe for the first time instead of sitting in front of the computer watching the conferences. I'm glad I did.

Sharp

VonGak! said:
No one can be that dim so I'll take your post as a joke. ^.^
As far a I can tell, you said that the 360, PC, Wii, DS, PSP, Splorgenborg, and PS2's lineups are all "starved" for new games, that we, the owners of these consoles, were therefore comparable to "starving people in Africa," that the PS3's lineup is comparable to a hamburger with some soy, and that by extension PS3 owners are like unto rich, laughing, overweight Americans who can't even get over their good luck. You then said that the first group's making fun of the second when it runs into a bit of bad luck is just as absurd in the first case as in the second. I'm pretty sure non-PS3 owners were compared to starving people somewhere in there but, you know, similes.

Busty

Banned
GDGF said:
I went to a party and drank absinthe for the first time instead of sitting in front of the computer watching the conferences. I'm glad I did.

The real question is, would you still have gone to the party even if you knew that the MEGATON of all MEGATONs would be announced, live, here on GAF?

....believe it or not some people would actually answer 'no' and stayed at home.

satori

Ace combat 6 for ps3? Don't toy with me. I love the ace combat series. And after sending in my xbox three times, I am not particular happy with MS at the moment. I is just so weird not having Ace on the ps console...so weird. Make it happen, please.

Kittonwy

Banned
AniHawk said:
No, he's comparing not preferring a PS3 to starvation.

Starving of Resistance, Ratchet and Drake's Schicksal yes?
Indifferent2.gif

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
OokieSpookie said:
WTF is it with people wanting everyone else to do their work for them?
FFS, just read through or scan one of the millions of sites that have coverage.

Forgive me for not wanting to wade through a 50 page thread with various fanboy ramblings, tears and pre-mature ejaculations. Just cause you seem to have enough time to waste doing that shit doesn't mean the rest of us do as well.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
satori said:
Ace combat 6 for ps3? Don't toy with me. I love the ace combat series. And after sending in my xbox three times, I am not particular happy with MS at the moment. I is just so weird not having Ace on the ps console...so weird. Make it happen, please.

Of course it will happen. Unless MS totally buys out the exclusivity but it's really unlikely. Or else they'll just make some other version for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom