• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

Proc

jakncoke said:

Well this scene was in MGS4, and that was kinda evil so I suppose it's not out of the question, but really I can't see how this isn't MGS4 for 360 as Dec 12=6 months since launch

That was probably part of the exclusivity deal. (the sony advertising)

edit: I spoil tagged the youtube footage. I don't understand how people on gaf haven't heard about that location being in the game in one way or another by now.

Y2Kev said:
Where was Transcendence trademarked? I couldn't find it registered anywhere.

My mistake. It was Metal Gear Solid Existence that was trademarked a little while ago. Who the hell knows what the T could stand for.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I just woke up. :lol

Obviously just about everything electronic has that power symbol, but honestly, between the three consoles that are out now, which of the three has a green glow?

Too bad I have to leave already, because I'd hate to have to catch up to read what goes on between now and the 8th...

Jonnyram said:
The PS3's is printed white and never changes colour.
The Wii's also doesn't change colour, because it's printed and not part of the LED.

Plenty people are praying it is not a 360 game, I see.

Well, I guess you were thinking straight before I got here... darn.

Actually, you and a handful of others...

autobzooty said:
Alright, I'm going to let myself get my hopes up. I'm going to get really really excited to finally play MGS4, and then I'm going to crash into a drunken depression when it turns out not to be true.

But what an emotional journal it shall be.
clay_m2ness-1.gif

I'm sure this won't be the first time.
EDIT: No offense btw.

Davidion

timetokill said:
A Next Metal Gear THINKS, therefore it IS

... It's THINKING...

MGS5 ON DREAMCAST 2!

Dude, it's 12/5, only four days away from 12/9, which is the three-month anniversary of 9/9.

Coincidence? I think not.

So what is this? Next metal gear multiplatform?

MGS4 on 360? (will people still buy it?)

Anyway, any metal gear news is great. (New MG pls, new MG pls, new MG pls new...)

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Personally, I'm crossing my fingers for an MGS3 Remake for the 360 (assuming that's what the harbinger-ad is supposed to insinuate). Otherwise, I already own MGS4 and it's unlikely that I'll buy a special edition of it when there's so much else out there to buy right now.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Cirekiller said:
Maybe this?

http://videogamecentral.com/gamersvo...g-in-december/

A rumor has surfaced saying that a new extended ending for Metal Gear Solid 4 would be released exactly six months after the games release.

At the end of MGS4 Old Snake says that he has six months left to live. So six months of Snake’s life from 12th June 2008 would bring it to 12th December 2008 which is exactly when this extended ending is rumored to be released. The extended ending is expected to be released as an update patch that will be downloadable via the PlayStation Network, or it could even be a code that unlocks the extended ending as the video could already be on the MGS4 Blu-Ray disc.

Until this information is confirmed by Konami or Kojima Productions it will remain as a rumor and unconfirmed. More information as it becomes available.

Imagine if the secret ending unlocks and it's Kojima announcing the port to 360.

Kojima extending and ending already too fucking long? Makes sense!

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
NeoCross said:
Now this thread is complete :lol
Juuuust getting started, dude.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
sankao said:
It's interesting that they said "Next" instead of "New"

All of there choice of words in there are interesting. There is no mention of Solid, there is a A which makes no sense and that.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Ploid 3.0 said:
I don't see how anyone could hope MGS4 don't appear on 360 now. It's not like the ps3 version will suddenly become gimped with low frame rate, glitches, and bad image quality because of it. The whole reason behind not wanting 360 in the picture before launch is that it could have effected the final product for the PS3 owning mgs fans. Now MGS4 on 360 effects everyone that got the PS3 version in no way what so ever. So this whole thing should be boring to watch for for everyone until more info is presented.
Yeah but you are ignoring the fact that there are alot of fanboys on the internet. Logic need not apply to them.

DrPirate

Banned
Oh Jesus...Posting in what will be a legendary thread.

For the record: My vote is Ac!d on DSi. That makes a ton of sense.

h3ro

Mistouze said:

Will you guys stop quoting the damn spoiler?

There are plenty of people who won't want their newly ported former exclusive ruined.

Just to kill Existence crap, that's the name of Disc 2 of Subsistence.

I like the meta data in the page code...

<meta name="description" content="???"/>

dirtmonkey37 said:
Personally, I'm crossing my fingers for an MGS3 Remake for the 360 (assuming that's what the harbinger-ad is supposed to insinuate). Otherwise, I already own MGS4 and it's unlikely that I'll buy a special edition of it when there's so much else out there to buy right now.
It would only make sense to make MGS4 for 360 if they went back and brought all of the games on the playstation platform to the 360.

And yeah, I'd die for an MGS3 remake. I loved MGS3 but its hard to go back to it because the visuals aren't super sharp and the controls feel really dated compared to MGS4. MGS3+crouch walking = win :)

As for it being technically possible due to bluray... I think either Ryan Payton or Kojima have said that it is possible to bring MGS4 to 360. MGS4 was around 25 GB from what I remember, and a ton of that space was being taken up by uncompressed audio. Compress that audio, compress the video segments from 1080p to 720p, and then the game should be able to fit on 3 or 4 DVDs.

DrPirate said:

The big problem with the DSi theory is why DSi? Why not just regular DS. You know the one people actually have!

The thing that is very clear though is that "i" is very important. It has something to do with i something. If it was Xbox the hint would not revolve around "i" 's. It would feature X's or something.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I wonder how MGS4 on 360 would even sell in 2009.

I try to think about it and my brain just shuts down.

Time paradox.

btrick

I SUDDENLY HAVE A MASSIVE HARD ON THE SIZE OF A TREE TRUNK.

hideo is the only man that can make me feel this way

DrPirate said:

naw if it was a DSi game the "i" would have danced in and there would be the laughter of children

so pretty much we're not gonna see any news until 12/9, right? or am i missing something here

I guess what i'm asking is, is there any point to sitting here refreshing this thread and risk reading a spoiler that some idiot didn't spoiler tag?

Ploid 3.0

Mistouze said:

Yea I think it would be too much to extend the ending. To see how snake die and such. There's no way that's happening. It's best to let him rest, and fade away.
I doubt this is about a 6 months later extended expansion. Well unless is some kind of game about
Sunny and her fox alive thing. Or Raiden area 51 flashbacks?

autobzooty said:
so pretty much we're not gonna see any news until 12/9, right? or am i missing something here

I guess what i'm asking is, is there any point to sitting here refreshing this thread and risk reading a spoiler that some idiot didn't spoiler tag?

Stay for the funny, and possible confusion as people scratch their heads and wonder what the symbols mean.

infinityBCRT said:
It would only make sense to make MGS4 for 360 if they went back and brought all of the games on the playstation platform to the 360.

And yeah, I'd die for an MGS3 remake. I loved MGS3 but its hard to go back to it because the visuals aren't super sharp and the controls feel really dated compared to MGS4. MGS3+crouch walking = win :)
MGS3 remake for either 360 or PS3 and I'm onboard. Damn with MGS4's new engine. Remember the jump between MGS2 and MGS4.

Not sure if anyone has thrown this out there, but could the i/! be indicative of 11, as in they'll reveal the surprise on the 11th (giving more credibility to this 6 months thing).

Also the power symbol could represent 0/fresh start/new beginning whatever.

Top Bottom