• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
tahrikmili said:
LOL. Work filters don't let me read, copy/paste please?

Nothing interesting, just:

Kotaku after reading GAF said:
A new flash site has just gone live on Konami's Kojima Productions website. The flash site is barebones, showing them Konami logo and the above image with text that reads "A Next Metal Gear Is..."

The text is green, so make of that what you will. Konami logo is directly below.

Yep, that's the Konami logo alright. Now what do those green icons refer to. And there is an "i", so...

And they put a couple screenshots of the picture we're all freaking out over.

shagg_187 said:
KONAMI ANNOUNCES KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS TEAM FOR XBOX 360
Two Blockbuster Titles Already Under Development

OSAKA – Konami Digital Entertainment – Japan, a division of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., today announced a new, exclusive for the Xbox 360 gameconsole, development team will be formed inside Konami Corporation. On January 11, 2007, Konami Corporation merged and consolidated its group companies. Accordingly, former Konami Computer Entertainment Japan East Team, lead by creator Hideo Kojima (Corporate Officer, Konami Corporation), embarks on a new era as "Kojima X Productions" inside Konami Corporation.

The newly formed Kojima "X" Productions is proud to announce that Metal Gear Solid: Triology is currently in development for the XBOX®360 ( X360 ) next-generation computer entertainment system from Microsoft ( MS ). Metal Gear Solid: Trilogy will be a remake of three Hideo Kojima's masterpieces. Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. The Metal Gear Solid series, is highly acclaimed worldwide, with its breathtaking graphics, profound stories, intricate human drama, original game design and superlative gameplay. Also under development is one other exciting game in the Metal Gear series -- Metal Gear Solid: Fluid Ac!d for the Microsoft Zune media player.

Updates regarding Kojima Productions will be posted periodically on the following website: Kojima Productions Official Homepage: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/.

About Konami Corporation
Konami Corporation is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties, specializing in the home video game market. Konami Corporation's action and adventure titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid®, Silent Hill® and Castlevania®, among other top sellers. The latest information about Konami can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. Konami Corporation is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the US and Konami of Europe in Frankfurt, Germany. Konami Corporation, the parent company of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by Konami Digital Entertainment - America can be found at www.konami.com/gs.

TRIOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol

dfyb

Banned
nazo.jpg

DS game could be a possibility. one possible interpretation

i - DSi

! - stylus

power symbol - stylus touching screen (similar to pic below)

ds-1.jpg

Loudninja

shagg_187 said:

OSAKA – Konami Digital Entertainment – Japan, a division of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., today announced a new, exclusive for the Xbox 360 gameconsole, development team will be formed inside Konami Corporation. On January 11, 2007, Konami Corporation merged and consolidated its group companies. Accordingly, former Konami Computer Entertainment Japan East Team, lead by creator Hideo Kojima (Corporate Officer, Konami Corporation), embarks on a new era as "Kojima X Productions" inside Konami Corporation.

The newly formed Kojima "X" Productions is proud to announce that Metal Gear Solid: Triology is currently in development for the XBOX®360 ( X360 ) next-generation computer entertainment system from Microsoft ( MS ). Metal Gear Solid: Trilogy will be a remake of three Hideo Kojima's masterpieces. Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. The Metal Gear Solid series, is highly acclaimed worldwide, with its breathtaking graphics, profound stories, intricate human drama, original game design and superlative gameplay. Also under development is one other exciting game in the Metal Gear series -- Metal Gear Solid: Fluid Ac!d for the Microsoft Zune media player.

Updates regarding Kojima Productions will be posted periodically on the following website: Kojima Productions Official Homepage: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/.

About Konami Corporation
Konami Corporation is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties, specializing in the home video game market. Konami Corporation's action and adventure titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid®, Silent Hill® and Castlevania®, among other top sellers. The latest information about Konami can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. Konami Corporation is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the US and Konami of Europe in Frankfurt, Germany. Konami Corporation, the parent company of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by Konami Digital Entertainment - America can be found at www.konami.com/gs.

:lol :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I definitely think the i is important. The obvious referent is iPod and there is an iPod in MGS4. It could be that we will see what this is on the next Integral radio.

shagg_187 said:

About Konami Corporation

Awww shit!:D

PC PORT! PC PORT! I wantz to playz. :(

shagg_187 said:

About Konami Corporation

oh...don't do that.

h3ro

I hope Kotaku posts Shaggs press release... then Brian Crecente can get all uppity and say that GAF has lost all it's credibility.... :lol

That being said, I loved MGS4. I sure as hell wouldn't mind playing an altered version or something, if that's what this is anyway...

vertopci

If this is a non-spinoff MGS game for the iPhone, I will fucking meltdown and take the entire world with me.

Kojima, don't cause the destruction of the entire world.

duckroll

You guys need to work harder, I heard that the RE5 demo isn't going up on XBL until GAF figures out what i + ! is...

nofi

duckroll said:
You guys need to work harder, I heard that the RE5 demo isn't going up on XBL until GAF figures out what i + ! is...

:lol

If it's anything but Ac!d for the iPhone I'll be disappointed.

"Also under development is one other exciting game in the Metal Gear series -- Metal Gear Solid: Fluid Ac!d for the..."

Fluid Ac!d? Fluid Ac!d! of course!

vertopci said:
If this is a non-spinoff MGS game for the iPhone, I will fucking meltdown and take the entire world with me.

Kojima, don't cause the destruction of the entire world.

I will just get an iphone.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
has there been a full length 'proper' game on ipod yet, or just shareware stuff?

and why would it be on DSi only? Why would you ignore the millions of DS owners?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh god, I've figured it out.

Today is the 5th. If they unveil it in next week's Famitsu, that will be one week. 12/12. Exactly six months from the launch of MGS4.

That can only mean one thing...

duckroll

The_Dude said:
Is it wrong that I couldn't care less about Metal Gear Solid but am very excited for where this thread is going?

Not at all. You can collect your bag of popcorn and free large Coke at the counter over there, and have a seat on the 7th row. :D

I'm down for any new Metal Gear. I appreciate the megaton-ness of it all if it's a MGS4 port and everything but that's fairly meh to me. I already own that game.

Although a Substance-like repackaging would make me double dip.

More Metal Gear Acid would be great too.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear this news.

Y2Kev said:
Oh god, I've figured it out.

Today is the 5th. If they unveil it in next week's Famitsu, that will be one week. 12/12. Exactly six months from the launch of MGS4.

That can only mean one thing...
AmMortal said:
1. Remember that whole December 12th thing?

2.Remember that whole, "6 months later shit will go down"?
Did I miss something here?

Davidion

The_Dude said:
Is it wrong that I couldn't care less about Metal Gear Solid but am very excited for where this thread is going?

Same here.

I mean, there's no solid information and we already have fanboys desperately trying to stifle the possibility of a 360 port by trying to reassure the likelihood of an iphone game. It can only get better from here. :lol

mrklaw said:
has there been a full length 'proper' game on ipod yet, or just shareware stuff?
Bugdom 2 as far as I can tell. Namco has put some stuff out too. And a few indie platformers and puzzle games, some first person shooters.

Edit: And Spore: Origins. I imagine there'll be more are time goes on. I'm astounded Bandai hasn't made a Tamagotchi app for it yet. There are some console games that are perfect for the iPhone.

Why are people acting like Kojima would ever release his opus anywhere but its now-and-forever console home: the Playstation brand? Keep dreaming lolol

This is just announcing a PC version of MGS4

Top Bottom