• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
shagg_187 said:
99lxf8.jpg

I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE SO EASY! THE SODA... IS MINE!

Xun

Rpgmonkey said:
Just noticed this is the MGS thread.

Thought it got locked (surprised it hasn't...). :lol
Mine did when I tried to make a proper one...

It got locked literally in the first minute.

acm2000

this thread.... there are no words... its amazing, it brings many tears to my eyes, in many, many, MANY, ways :lol

thetrin said:
True question: How many of you realize that Chin Chin is Japanese slang for penis?

In a bizarre twist of fate, it's also "cheers" in Brazil. I almost got kicked out of a bar thanks to my nisei friend.

industrian

2hhptdw.jpg

"Paramedic... what's this crazy drink you've put in my backpack? Ocelot Orange... is this more of your Weeaboo shit?

jakncoke

Banned
:lol , no wonder I couldn't find the thread. awesome thread title change. Surprised this thread hasn't been locked till something concrete was released.

Meh, the thread title change made it take hard to find this thread . . .

Anyway, seems like there has yet to be ground made on confirmation.

Azure J

My God, I was here when this shit was just at page one! The amount of shit that happened from then to now automatically makes this GAF's Thread of The Year 2008 imo. :lol

SkySonata

Banned
At first I was eerily suspicious of what tidings this thread would bring.

Then I felt retarded once we found out it was fucking soda.

And with the MGS photoshops.... I have now come to love and accept this thread for what it is:
pure fucknuttery

Shatai

Banned
Alcander said:
I'm still laughing at the people who still believe the soda nonsense :lol :lol

yes, I too am laughing. I eagerly anticipate the announcement that the FLAGSHIP title of the PLAYSTATION 3 platform will soon come to the SUPERIOR xbox 360 platform. :D

The more I think about it, why in the world would they be talking about a 360 version right now, during the busy holiday season, when it would be in their best interests to be selling as many copies of the PS3 game they have out now, not detracting from sales by making people wait. This leads me to believe it is not Xbox 360 related.

industrian

Danthrax said:
[sigh] are you guys trolling the rest of the Internet again?

because the 'tubes are falling for it hard

I love reading on other forums when users say "like that 14 year old poster [at NeoGAF] knows what's going on" when all the forums around them are repeating what we've said, reposting our photoshops, and generally doing their best to imitate us.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
industrian said:
I love reading on other forums when users say "like that 14 year old poster [at NeoGAF] knows what's going on" when all the forums around them are repeating what we've said, reposting our photoshops, and generally doing their best to imitate us.

Is this abuse of our status as the preeminent video game industry discussion community, or merely the delicious fruits?

jakncoke

Banned
industrian said:

What I find the funniest is if they actually took the time to read a couple posts after the fake news they'd figure out it's fake, but instead a rush of excitement overs comes there logic sector and they run to post a thread.

industrian

Danthrax said:
Is this abuse of our status as the preeminent video game industry discussion community, or merely the delicious fruits?

When GAF says "jump!", other forums don't ask "how high?" they just look up.

jakncoke said:
What I find the funniest is if they actually took the time to read a couple posts after the fake news they'd figure out it's fake, but instead a rush of excitement overs comes there logic sector and they run to post a thread.

I see it as a social experiment. Like I've said in this thread, this entire scenario could be interpreted as a real life S3 Program.

Seriously though: people are just attracted to believing in extraordinary sounding stuff. It's the base reason why there's so many conspiracy theories out there.

industrian

grandjedi6 said:
U K Narayan really should get a tag for tricking the vast majority of the internet with this soda thing.

(neutral) U K Narayan
I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE SO EASY! THE SODA... IS MINE!
(Today, 01:37 AM)
Reply | Quote

Crisis

Banned
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
The more I think about it, why in the world would they be talking about a 360 version right now, during the busy holiday season, when it would be in their best interests to be selling as many copies of the PS3 game they have out now, not detracting from sales by making people wait. This leads me to believe it is not Xbox 360 related.

Exactly. It makes no sense to announce anything like that anytime soon. Best time to announce it would probably be around GDC, depending on when they release it.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
industrian said:
I see it as a social experiment. Like I've said in this thread, this entire scenario could be interpreted as a real life S3 Program.

Seriously though: people are just attracted to believing in extraordinary sounding stuff. It's the base reason why there's so many conspiracy theories out there.

The Internet is FOR

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Can someone sum up what the fuck is going on? I read the last few pages and OP and all I can get is that video game characters like orange soda.

Top Bottom