• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s the better PS5 game between these two:

What’s the better PS5 game?

• Returnal

Votes: 108 60.0%
  • Death Stranding Directors Cut

Votes: 72 40.0%

• Total voters

ZoukGalaxy

Whats better: drinking fluids or eating food?
Drinking fluids obviously

Drunk That 70S Show GIF by PeacockTV

I'm joking, please keep your calm

Last edited:

Elder Legend

Yoir Aee Member
I tried for 8 or so but, sadly, it just never clicked with me.

Even then I still got the director's cut upgrade from a Steam sale, so whatever, might give it another go sometime.
Interesting. You see... I found the whole package and inventory management game design really addicting. It was weird, but oddly satisfying. I also enjoyed the storytelling.

Did anyone leave a bike at the starting area when you played? It's more fun when you have vehicles to carry your stuff. The online aspect is cool, how you can leave stuff out for other players and help them.

I never finished the game though, I got sidetracked. I need to start over and soak it in again.

Last edited:

Aenima

Very different type of games to even be compared. I enjoyed Death Stranding much more. Returnal has sublime shooting gameplay but the Rogue like mechanics killed it for me.

Returnal is one of the best, the score is underrated, metacritic is garbage

Death Stranding is innovative but not fun

Last edited:

Flabagast

Death Stranding.

Returnal is a nice 5 hours gameplay loop stretched wayyyy too thin and is a pretty minor experience all things being said. It's unmaginably overhyped

Last edited:

westman

I hesitated before voting, because I finished Returnal but only played a few episodes of Death Stranding before I sort of gave up on it. But then I voted Returnal anyway, since it managed to grab and retain my interest, which should count for something. I feel I probably didn't give Death Stranding enough of a chance, though, and might possibly return to it when my mood is better suited for it.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Returnal by a landslide.

Unless you like fedex simulator with some of the cringiest writing ever.

But if you really hate roguelike that much, i guess demons remake would be a good option to consider.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Both games are excellent choices. It depends on your taste. I would prefer to play Death Stranding because I am fucking idiot and love that type of games (with a lot cutscenes and story and blah blah blah).

On the other hand, if you prefer something more “action packed” without disrupting you, go for Returnal.

Gaelyon

I liked both. Returnal has amazing gameplay and Death Stranding has an original universe, lots of neat ideas and even the treks were often fun. Great but totally different games it's like choosing between Zelda BotW or Gods of War 2018. Either case I'm happy these two games exists.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Which game is better.

1.- A game where you control a granny, but she has prostheses, running at 40 km per hour.

2.- A game where the character is a young man, but the game makes you sleep as if you were a grandpa?

Death Stranding is one of those games that is filled with gameplay elements that I usually hate but is the ultimate "greater than the sum of it's parts" leading to an enjoyable, chill experience that is better than it has any right being.

Returnal is just sublime in everything it does making it one of the few rogue-lites I could enjoy. It's one of those games that haunts your thoughts not long after shutting it off making it damn near impossible to stop playing for any length of time. It's fantastic and the clear winner between the two.

Crayon

Death Stranding if you have a lot to think about with yourself. Returnal if that's what you are trying to avoid.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
To this day I dont get the hype behind Death Stranding.
But then again ive played pretty much every Atelier game and Ryza 3 is one of my most anticipated titles......so maybe im just out of touch.

Returnal takes this one easy work....easy easy work.

Comandr

I sit in a weird place where I enjoyed both games a lot. Typically I don't enjoy kojima games. Have never gotten into any of the metal gear games despite countless tries. Somehow DS just clicked for me and I really got into the package delivery. That said, I also really got into returnal. Fantastic game, if you like roguelikes. The "just one more try" loop is strong. Though having beaten both, I would probably never put myself through replaying returnal again, but I wouldn't mind picking DS back up for another run through.

I really gotta give Death Stranding a good go...I thought it was doo doo but I only got a few hours in.....

I will get back to it.

On Returnal, it was GOTY the year it released so there you go!

Top Bottom