• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s the better PS5 game between these two:

What’s the better PS5 game?

• Returnal

Votes: 108 60.0%
  • Death Stranding Directors Cut

Votes: 72 40.0%

• Total voters

BlackTron

What's better, Smash or Halo? IDK, depends on whether you like fighters or FPS games?

Whenever you compare games that different, the answer depends heavily on taste. Compare apples to other apples and oranges to other oranges...

K2D

Returnal
(4/30/21)

Metacritic 86/73

OpenCritic 86/90

Average of all the averages: 83.75

Death Stranding Directors Cut
(9/24/21)

Metacritic 85/73

Opencritic 85/92

Average of the averages: 83.75
There is a 5 point disparity in userscore between pc and PlayStation version of standard and directors cut.

There's either something wrong with console players in general (doubt it) or the game is being review bombed.

And there is no sound reason the game should be review bombed on PS and not on PC.

Played DS from start to finish and the game is fantastic(!), despite the grueling pacing in the first 4 hours after the intro section.

Last edited:

Fbh

Apples and Oranges.

But anyway, personally I had more fun playing through Returnal. But at the same time I think Death Stranding is a way more unique and memorable experience, I didn't particularly like the gameplay and yet I find myself thinking back to that game way more often than Returnal.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Death stranding is better than Returnal Returnal has issues 1.) arena level designs, why is this not open world? 2.) explaining the story, I need to see more.

Returnal has the much better gameplay but it's so damn hard and unfair. I platinumed Resogun (which was fair) but here the random aspects of the game are awful IMO. I really don't like that part of the game (but everything else is awesome).

Last edited:
Interesting. You see... I found the whole package and inventory management game design really addicting. It was weird, but oddly satisfying. I also enjoyed the storytelling.

Did anyone leave a bike at the starting area when you played? It's more fun when you have vehicles to carry your stuff. The online aspect is cool, how you can leave stuff out for other players and help them.

I never finished the game though, I got sidetracked. I need to start over and soak it in again.
Oh man you gotta beat it! It's so worth it.

Gambit2483

Easy choice; Returnal.

Since the other one isn't a game.
0pDJsq9.gif

Pelao

Neo Member
Both games are great, but I'm a die-hard Kojima fan, so if I have to choose between the two, I'm biased towards Death Stranding. Game is a masterpiece.

Top Bottom