• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shurs

I find the talk of Mod nominations interesting.

Obviously they don't have to share if they don't want to, but I'd love to know who the other nominees were for the last batch of Mods.

Zeliard

DMeisterJ said:
If we're talking about tags, is there a way to find out who gives them out? I'd really like to know who thinks I'm a dumbass who makes terrible posts, and should shut the fuck up. I'm sure there are multiple people who think that (hopefully they aren't paid to think), but I wanna know who made that tag for me.

EviLore, bish, maharg and Hitokage are the admins according to the groups list, so if only admins can change the tags of others, then those are your four to harass about it ;)

Pankaks said:
Thanks for keeping us in the loop btw. I honestly didn't expect to hear these kinds of details from you.

I think from EviLore's perspective it's probably better to just have this shit out in the open and cleared up instead of the rumor mill doing its thing.

EviLore said:
No worries man, long time ago.

Re: the hacking that got you demodded, yeah your password was guessed (12345? haha) by some Australian guy and he used your account to wreak a bunch of havoc, and we had to restore the entire forum from a backup.
That's the combination I have on my luggage. Damnit.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Someone needs to hijack the OT and reorganize all of Amir0x's/EviLore's stories into one post for easy searchability.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Shurs said:

Obviously they don't have to share if they don't want to, but I'd love to know who the other nominees were for the last batch of Mods.
Have I ever told Amirox how much agree with everything he says? I like your hair today, stump.

xbhaskarx

corkscrewblow said:
and here I was thinking I was on your long ignore list ^_^

Ever since the Rock Band thread, but I saw your comment because a bunch of other people quoted it.

kswiston said:
Was crushed the person whose avatar was a cartoon character typing away on their PC?
Yes.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Shurs said:

I'm sure I was somewhere on everyone's list.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
mjc said:
Fun thread. I vaguely remember segata going off the deep end, what a bummer.
He left because he didn't understand the music them kids were listening to today.

He's one mid-life crisis away from crawling back, you'll see.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Corto said:
Not Duckroll, I meant duck as in sudden lowering of head as it could be EviLore that gave it to you and he posted right above you...

Oh.

Londa said:
What if a mod linked your facebook into your tag. Would you do something crazy to get banned?

How would they find your FB?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
timetokill said:
I'd also love to know who the nominations were, just for fun, but I understand it would cause problems.

Well, apparently my check didn't clear in time. I want my money back, Ami.

Puddles

Banned
jufonuk said:
The closest I came to being banned was a Permanent Junior Member Status, (about Just dance 2 outselling MW2)
how do I (if ever) get to be a full member?

Dude, I got junior member status for some stupid gaming side shit too. I really think I deserve to have my tag back.

kswiston

Segata left GAF at least a couple times before the Donkey Kong incident if I remember correctly.

I remember him leaving for awhile after Xseed released a statement saying that Retrogame Challenge sold about 12 copies, and that the sequel to Retrogame Challenge would not be localized due to the poor response.

Xeke

Banned
I've had my tag for over 2 years now...I think this is a good time to send it on its way...While everyone is so lovely-dovey.

alr1ghtstart said:
to get a tag from Bish you just have to insult the living legend that is Big Country.
Really.

Hey Bish!

Yeah, you!

Big Country...they're, uh...they're not a very good band! And they're Scottish!

...yeah, I'm not good at trash talk during the NFL offseason.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
kswiston said:
I remember him leaving for awhile after Xseed released a statement saying that Retrogame Challenge sold about 12 copies, and that the sequel to Retrogame Challenge would not be localized due to the poor response.

HOLY SHIT. Are you kidding me? Please tell me that's hyperbole.

ConradCervantes said:
Really.

Hey Bish!

Yeah, you!

Big Country...they're, uh...they're not a very good band! And they're Scottish!

...yeah, I'm not good at trash talk during the NFL offseason.

Wrong Big Country

01b.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
TheSeks said:
HOLY SHIT. Are you kidding me? Please tell me that's hyperbole.

it is, it sold ~8k first month IIRC and I think the last number I saw was around 20k. I might be off +- 5k, I don't have my files here to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom