• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ConradCervantes said:
Really.

Hey Bish!

Yeah, you!

Big Country...they're, uh...they're not a very good band! And they're Scottish!

...yeah, I'm not good at trash talk during the NFL offseason.
i said legend.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Stumpokapow said:
it is, it sold ~8k first month IIRC and I think the last number I saw was around 20k. I might be off +- 5k, I don't have my files here to check.

I know it's not kosher to laugh at sales numbers like that, but I was going to laugh due to the absurdity of admitting something that dismal.

Still, bad numbers and a shame the second one wasn't localized, but wow.

Xeke

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
it is, it sold ~8k first month IIRC and I think the last number I saw was around 20k. I might be off +- 5k, I don't have my files here to check.

Come on, that's like selling one copy to every resident of the 5th largest city in Wyoming!

jett said:
lyre gave me this tag, didn't he.
It's rather fitting though. Not that I didn't deserve mine either. I think GAF has gotten me over my irrational hatred for Sony, and I'm down to just my rational dislike for them.

Rewrite said:
Oh my god. :lol

Yes. I can't believe I had forgotten about Yixian.
Was he actually perma banned? Last I remember he was posting ass sots of electricluv and spouting off how everyone is jealousy of him, is that what sealed it? Or did I miss it?

These stories are pretty fascinating.

Red Blaster said:
Wrong Big Country

01b.jpg

Looks like this guy

Y7B6j.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Within my first couple of weeks on GAF someone posted this awful picture of this hilariously nerdy looking dude in a suit that didn't fit him and said it was a photo of Amirox. in retrospect they were clearly joking, but for about 18mos I had this image of Amirox as this ridiculous overweight greasy fucking dweeb IRL.

It was just one of those associations that stuck for a lot longer than it should have.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
ZZMitch said:
Sometimes when I am walking down the street I wonder if some of the people I see are Gaffers.

I bet I know at least one Gaffer but neither of us have no idea the other has a Gaf account.

I know of one person IRL, another on my FB but not sure how many london based gaffer there are, maybe a Meet up for the UK/londno side is in order.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Rentahamster said:
SALT WATER PARTICLES induce temporary memory loss.
Hahaha. That tag always made me laugh. That shit was fucking insane.

BamYouHaveAids said:
Was he actually perma banned? Last I remember he was posting ass sots of electricluv and spouting off how everyone is jealousy of him, is that what sealed it? Or did I miss it?

These stories are pretty fascinating.
Yeah, he had a major meltdown and that was his downfall. I think it was in the post your pics thread.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Jtwo said:
Within my first couple of weeks on GAF someone posted this awful picture of this hilariously nerdy looking dude in a suit that didn't fit him and said it was a photo of Amirox. in retrospect they were clearly joking, but for about 18mos I had this image of Amirox as this ridiculous overweight greasy fucking dweeb IRL.

It was just one of those associations that stuck for a lot longer than it should have.
That wasn't Amir0x?

If we're talking about the same pic, that is.
(I think we are.)

jufonuk said:
I know of one person IRL, another on my FB but not sure how many london based gaffer there are, maybe a Meet up for the UK/londno side is in order.

I'd be down, but I'm scared you're all blokey blokes who hang out in working men's clubs and talk about ludicrous displays D: (also I live ages from London, ha)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™ said:
That wasn't Amir0x?

If we're talking about the same pic, that is.
(I think we are.)
I don't even remember what the pcture looked like, it was about 4 years ago. But we're probably talking about the same one.

Amir0x

Banned
Mike Works said:
But I'll echo what you said early in this thread, in that you were a kid during GAF's beginning, and so was I. I think you and I are around the same age actually.

Fun fact: Me and Evilore are only a few days apart in age! Both born in November 1984. He is slightly older I think.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Ami's lost a ton of weight recently, I think >100lbs? So that's not relevant anymore anyhow.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Green Scar said:
I'd be down, but I'm scared you're all blokey blokes who hang out in working men's clubs and talk about ludicrous displays D: (also I live ages from London, ha)
There should be a NorthernBritGAF meet.

Curse you London-centric types!

EviLore said:
Ami's lost a ton of weight recently, I think >100lbs? So that's not relevant anymore anyhow.
Yeah, I think I saw him post a pic after he'd slimmed down a bit recently.

I still have that pic in my head though. It's the first thing I think of when I picture him.

Amir0x said:
Fun fact: Me and Evilore are only a few days apart in age! Both born in November 1984. He is slightly older I think.
I'm November 1983, so if you guys need any sage advice just send me a PM or something.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Zeliard said:
I'm terrified of turning 30. Pacify my fears with glorious tales of age 30+ excitement and wonder.

Well...um. Your..credit score...increases?

Also, free tacos on the first Wednesday of every month at Taco Bell.

CHEEZMO™ said:
You start to go fat and bald and get ED.

Speak for your momma.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I was terrified of turning 20 this year, I can relate

Hahahaha, old people

Amir0x

Banned
Jtwo said:

I am pretty sure that was me. Story was I got last minute invited to go lobby in Washington for a certain bill a specific Tobyhanna Army Depot contract wanted to pass. I didn't have time to get a suit fitted properly, unfortunately, since I was literally invited only a few days out from having to actually go for a week. As a heavy guy back then it was difficult enough to find a suit that fit right.

Had a great time though. Met congressmen, partied, got a personal tour by Kanjorski of the Capitol Building and we accidentally ran into Nancy Pelosi in the process. Good times, good times.

God fat-era Amir0x sucked though. I am now 180lbs. Down from 280lbs.

I got fat due to depression right after I finished high school though from a specific tragic life event so it's not like I was just lazy. I was in fitness club in high school and everything and on the baseball team. Even set a school record for that one test where you push forward the little notch to test your stretching flexibility.

Puddles

Banned
You know, I think I have my stories mixed up. I was thinking of someone else when I thought of Wrath.

Does anyone know why exactly Wrath2X was banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom