• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are you people so amazed by this stupid Street Fighter video?

mashoutposse

Ante Up
The thing that makes that video so great is that, for anyone who's played a fighting game, that's the kind of moment you've always dreamt of.

Ferrio said:
Not funny.

I said he's almost as good, not as good as me. Where's the humor in that? I'm too cool to fly around the globe and compete in corny SF tournaments. However, when I play skilled dudes in the neighborhood, I often do combo/parry attacks five times cooler than that. Just because I don't travel around the world like SF geeks, doesnt mean I'm not as skilled as Daigo, or whatever his name is.

toohectic

Infernodash said:
I said he's almost as good, not as good as me. Where's the humor in that? I'm too cool to fly around the globe and compete in corny SF tournaments. However, when I play skilled dudes in the neighborhood, I often do combo/parry attacks five times cooler than that. Just because I don't travel around the world like SF geeks, doesnt mean I'm not as skilled as Daigo, or whatever his name is.

Wow, ignorance is bliss isn't it?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Infernodash said:

Yeah, well I'm better than that dude and you COMBINED. And I'm so cool, I don't even make trips to the arcade to play it, but rather control the joystick telekinetically from my super-l33t mother's basement of solitude.

Ferrio

Banned
Infernodash said:

Trying to compete with the thread starter?

Saying you're just as good as Daigo takes a lot of guts or stupidity. He's easily one of the best fighting game players in the world.

First of all, as it's been discussed that move is extremely hard to parry, saying you can parry something 5x cooler than that is so stupidly vague it makes you look like an idiot.

As for what combo he did, that was the BEST combo option he had. There couldn't of been a higher damage combo he could of done at that point.

Ferrio said:
First of all, as it's been discussed that move is extremely hard to parry, saying you can parry something 5x cooler than that is so stupidly vague it makes you look like an idiot.

Not to mention that it's technically impossible.

Infernodash said:

Leguna? Is that you?

MaddenNFL64

I just watched it.

matrix-reeves.jpg

"Whoa"

ElyrionX

That was amazing............

Anyway, does anyone else have any more videos like that for download? Maybe one from Soul Calibur 2 (quite possibly the only fighting game that I tried to learn though I still pretty much suck at it)........

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
ElyrionX said:
That was amazing............

Anyway, does anyone else have any more videos like that for download? Maybe one from Soul Calibur 2 (quite possibly the only fighting game that I tried to learn though I still pretty much suck at it)........

There's a huge site for SC2 videos. Just check the Web Theater at www.soulcalibur.com 's forums, or check http://sc.relaxism.com

Please don't download my matches kthx.

ElyrionX

Reno said:
There's a huge site for SC2 videos. Just check the Web Theater at www.soulcalibur.com 's forums, or check http://sc.relaxism.com

Please don't download my matches kthx.

Wow, that relaxism site rocks. I'm looking for good Xianghua videos so is there any particular one thats really good? For now, I'm just downloading XCTU and XianghuaAlpha's videos. The site really needs a most downloaded section or something......

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
ElyrionX said:
Wow, that relaxism site rocks. I'm looking for good Xianghua videos so is there any particular one thats really good? For now, I'm just downloading XCTU and XianghuaAlpha's videos. The site really needs a most downloaded section or something......

Download Kayane's match videos here: http://console-league.com/soulcalibur/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7766

Her (yes, her) Xianghua is probably the best I've ever seen in my life. She plays effectively and stylish. Seeing her bust up people in person was awesome, she definitely has some crazy skills in SC2.

EdLuva

I just watched the video.

That was pure 100% ownage.

I felt excited as the crowd started yelling during the beginning of the parry.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I just realized he jumped and parried Chun Li's last kick. That was sick!!!

XS+

Banned
Ferrio said:
For anyone who doesn't know, this is what the move usually looks like. Speed is slow as hell in IE though.

chun_houyoku.gif
It's way faster and looks more devastating in the actual game..

Why are we describing to gamers a 5-year-old video game that's already had a home release? Geez.

miyuru

Infernodash said:

Define "5 times cooler". With an attitude like yours, I don't care how good you are, I wouldn't want to play such a fag.

shoplifter

XS+ said:
Why are we describing to gamers a 5-year-old video game that's already had a home release? Geez.

Because they are uncouth savages who have yet to realize the true glory of 3rd Strike.

jenov4

Ok that video was pure pwnage. The crowd was justified in going nutty, and it had the disclaimer 'you had to be there...' heh.. :)

Infernodash said:

Well, I've never played Third Strike myself, but if I did, I'm sure I'd be the best player in the entire world and totally kick your ass, because my cock is huge!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
JackFrost2012 said:
Well, I've never played Third Strike myself, but if I did, I'm sure I'd be the best player in the entire world and totally kick your ass, because my cock is huge!

Whatever, I'm getting blown by a HOT CHICK right now as I parry a 325 hit combo EAT IT BITCHES

Lyte Edge said:
Whatever, I'm getting blown by a HOT CHICK right now as I parry a 325 hit combo EAT IT BITCHES

OMG since you are typing at the same time that means you are parring with just one hand????? perhaps you truly are the best!!

Ferrio

Banned
-=DoAvl=- said:
That was such an awesome move... if only my bro's ps2 wasn't broken.. aiya!

Why isn't this game on Mame yet?!?!?!

Cause, people can't emulate CPS3 boards. The rom is out for the dreamcast emulators, but the DC version is flawed.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

ha...haha....hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

-=DoAvl=-

Ferrio said:
Cause, people can't emulate CPS3 boards. The rom is out for the dreamcast emulators, but the DC version is flawed.

soodesuka!

Does anyone know when/if the xbox version is coming out?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
-=DoAvl=- said:
soodesuka!

Does anyone know when/if the xbox version is coming out?

I've heard the American Xbox version is in January, and Japanese Xbox version is out on October 28th.

-=DoAvl=-

Grizzlyjin said:
I've heard the American Xbox version is in January, and Japanese Xbox version is out on October 28th.

soo-desu-ne... :(

Ah wellz, time to steal my dreamcast back from my friend's house... but he lives so far away and petrol is so expensive :(

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
-=DoAvl=- said:
soo-desu-ne... :(

Ah wellz, time to steal my dreamcast back from my friend's house... but he lives so far away and petrol is so expensive :(

Well you could always get the PS2 version that is coming out on August 31st, if thats an option.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Ferrio said:

How is the DC version flawed? I didn't notice any major changes from the arcade version, but I am no expert on the subject.

And that video was insane. I've never seen anyone with skills like that in any game.

Some changes in the calculations of what's blockable and not, basically. The arcade allows some fairly evil combos that were removed in the DC version, but purists want to use them if they feel like it.

Ferrio

Banned
ArcadeStickMonk said:
I'd really like to see some documentation on that.

It's well known around the community. There's also missing frames and other stuff.

-Examples
-Dudley's basic juggle combos are amazingly hard to do on the Dreamcast to difference in frames.
-No urien or Oro unblockables

toohectic

In the DC version, unblockable setups were removed (Urien's, Oro's, etc), some juggle timings were different, and cancel timing on some attacks were shortened drastically. For instance, Chun's c.MK in AC version has such a long cancel window that it easily allows the Chun player to verify that the c.MK hit before cancelling into super. Ken's c.MP is another example. In the console version, you have to commit to the super cancel way before you have time to verify that it hit. There are other differences like music and other move property changes, but those are the main ones. The upcoming PS2 3rd Strike version has a few options that are supposed to make it identical to the arcade version. (i.e. you can turn unblockables on/off, etc)

The guy isn't blocking the attacks, he is parrying them. He only has a sliver of life life and if he was blocking them he would have died from block damage.

Ferrio

Banned
ArcadeStickMonk said:
It's the green monster of "input lag" that I want confirmation of.

yeah, I think of input lag as green, wanna fight about it?

Just post something in shoryuken.com about it, you'll get your answer.

It's like Mystery Science Theater 3000 in some parts....

.... you know.... watching people watching video games.... where's the number of that guy I know from Comedy Central? Lemme see....

Top Bottom