• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your predictions for The Big Three at the end of The Next Generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishida

Banned
The Massive Thread of Shame.

Basically, reality struck inverted to the majority of the predictions here. Fucking hilarious.

This is why I avoid making predictions like that. Wishful thinking only goes so far.

Usobuko

Banned
The Massive Thread of Shame.

Basically, reality struck inverted to the majority of the predictions here. Fucking hilarious.

This is why I avoid making predictions like that. Wishful thinking only goes so far.

It's more wishful thinking than predictions.

AniHawk

i honestly don't see a world where nintendo tops the next generation. maybe in terms of consoles + handhelds, but if you're judging it that way, they came out on top during the n64/psx gen too.

their nearly two-decade problems with third parties persist, and the wii u is this weird thing that nintendo doesn't seem to know how to present. more than that, its online structure will lag behind its competition quite noticeably.

i think they're sorta gonna blow their first year like they did with the 3ds. and this time they won't have anything to come to their rescue since they'll have used wii fit, nsmbu, and nintendo land right at the start.

boy i sure do hate being right all the time.
don't look at my other predictions

Lol, ding ding ding.

I never, ever even gave it a thought Wii U will be on top to be honest.

haha...me either, but damn, i really did think it would do at least half as well as the wii did
i'm honestly still kinda surprised at how bad it fared, but i've enjoyed it at least!

autoduelist

Sony back on top baby!

The same thing will happen with the Wii U that happened with the Wii - open big, then dry up as third party support abandons ship, leaving hardcore gamers desperate for the drip feed of ancient IPs like Zelda and Metroid.

MS are clearly focused on media center stuff we don't care about, and the only huge games apart from Halo will be third party.

I'm calling it.

He called it.

Philippo

Hahaha started reading the thread without noticing it was from 2012 and was like "what? ppl predicting Sony 3rd? Y'all out of your minds?".
Man were they wrong.

TI82

Banned
Hahaha started reading the thread without noticing it was from 2012 and was like "what? ppl predicting Sony 3rd? Y'all out of your minds?".
Man were they wrong.

I mean, there's yet to be a gen where Sony wasn't the best seller (except the Wii comparison and according to Nintendo they weren't even competing) so it should have been obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom