• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zuck announces $12/month blue check for Facebook and Instagram

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
BsMQELW.jpg

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Still in the boat of this could be absolutely ingenious from Musk. Take the people who absolutely must have their shitty opinions heard by everyone and make them pay for it.

Drew1440

Could be a good idea, I've noticed a lot more catfishing/spam profiles that keep trying to add and message about crypto.

I thought Evilore's post was a photoshop. So I did a Yahoo Finance check and wow it is real.

I dont think many people will do this on FB/INstagram compare to Twitter, but who knows. A lot of Twitter people do blue, so maybe Zuck's sites will too.

I can see the importance with the fear or imposters. One of my old coworkers on FB got scammed. I got scammed too. She sent me a message saying she made a new account and please accept my invite so I did. Why not? Other people I know already joined her new account and the pics were her.

Turns out when I messaged her on her old account why she made a new account she said she didn't. I reported the scam account and it disappeared. But then my friend's old FB account disappeared too. Weird. She's not a close enough friend to contact her in any other way to find out what happened.

protonion

Social media are shit but Facebook really takes the cake.
I have about 100 friends and save for one dumb chick that posts every location she visits, everyone has almost completely abandoned it.
Consequently, Facebook for me it is just an endless stream of adds and pages their algorithm thinks might interest me.
Today I sacrificed 10 minutes of my time scrolling down to see what they would show me. There was literally not a single post I saw that was not utter rubbish.
Fake mobile games adds, stupid memes, obvious scams... Endless garbage.
Also what is up with those stupid videos that at the beginning seem interesting and they go on and on for many minutes until they reach a pointless conclusion? All the comments mention how they wasted their time and they have millions of views.

Stop wasting your life with that shit. Go out and meet people.

Facebook subscription 🤦‍♂️

You have to love how big tech uses Australia/NZ as a live sandbox for their shit. It's like an isolated mini-market with less impact on customers/markets if things go FUBAR.

I only have a Facebook account to keep up to date with me family and very little friends shit. It amazes me how much shit and advertising gets in your FB feed. Ain'tNoOneGotTimeForThat.gif.

cormack12

The next step is to add labels to those who have not signed up simply called

Elon Musk Supporter
I endorse the Zuckerberg empire

Then charge a different $8 for thr ability to customise/remove it.

Last edited:
You have to love how big tech uses Australia/NZ as a live sandbox for their shit. It's like an isolated mini-market with less impact on customers/markets if things go FUBAR.

I only have a Facebook account to keep up to date with me family and very little friends shit. It amazes me how much shit and advertising gets in your FB feed. Ain'tNoOneGotTimeForThat.gif.
Yeah. Same for me and mainly because I'm modifying my car so I stay connected to ask questions in the car club. That's about the only interaction I have with the facebook platform.

But yeah not paying Facebook a cent for anything.

Last edited:

SJRB

With the cataclysmic losses of the Metaverse I'm not surprised this is happening.

In hindsight it's actually kind of amazing this hasn't happened five years earlier.

Good thing I don't use any of these sites/apps. Even deleted Twitter yesterday (wasn't really using it either).
So now it's just Whatsapp.

diffusionx

You know what they say, if youre not paying for these services, then you aren't the customer, you are the product. I would rather these services had always been subscription based rather than turning into massive spying operations for every element of our lives.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
You know what they say, if youre not paying for these services, then you aren't the customer, you are the product. I would rather these services had always been subscription based rather than turning into massive spying operations for every element of our lives.
Facebook makes ~$50/month per US user on average. Rest assured that paid blue check users will still be the product.

Hip Hop

Thank God my last social media experienxe was Myspace. Keeping up with all this crap has to exhausting

I know all of you trapped into Social Media and no way to escape it anymore. That must suck
I wonder how many like me never did a Facebook or Social Media, and I was born in the 90's.

They should do a Study Science on us. I bet there would be some things there lol

Top Bottom