• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

IronRaven

At this point, I want Qualcomm to just slowly wither away and let other chipset makers come into the market. We need more competition.

Jeffrey

Hmm, Verizon's page says it's still on Marshmallow, and isn't Motorola super shitty with their (security) updates?

Are the Moto Mods worth it or just a gimmick? Is the phone itself worth it without the gimmicks?

Someone else mention G5 plus. Similar specs. Can be gotten pretty cheap. Amazon with offer with 4gb ram is like $250 ish.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
CDMA is trashhhh

On another note, I love the "touch sensor button thingy" on the screen of the s8+. Whenever synaptics gets the fingerprint under the glass tech down, it'll be hot

Jeffrey

CDMA is trashhhh

On another note, I love the "touch sensor button thingy" on the screen of the s8+. Whenever synaptics gets the fingerprint under the glass tech down, it'll be hot

Wish there was 3 on the bottom so then you can hide the nav button and just hard press to navigate.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
YxyIYYZ.jpg

>_>

somebody's gotta try it, right?

If anyone feels brave enough to buy a grey import phone, eglobalcentral have the LG G6 H870DS (Quad DAC / 64GB version, with Band 20) on sale for £429.99.

I can only hope that this price crash is mirrored in the UK pretty soon.

Jeffrey

'leaked' oneplus 5 about page shows 8gb of ram. Man I'd be quite disappointed if I ever see any app reload ever again.

My iPad pro with 4gb of ram never reloads apps lol. Would love phones to do that. Not sure what the battery life impact is though.

If anyone feels brave enough to buy a grey import phone, eglobalcentral have the LG G6 H870DS (Quad DAC / 64GB version, with Band 20) on sale for £429.99.

How will you rma the bootloops

'leaked' oneplus 5 about page shows 8gb of ram. Man I'd be quite disappointed if I ever see any app reload ever again.

My iPad pro with 4gb of ram never reloads apps lol. Would love phones to do that. Not sure what the battery life impact is though.

How will you rma the bootloops

He did ask if anyone is brave enough.

Furyous

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/how-to/ufs-2-0-2-1-identify-flash-chip-s8-t3601656

Even Samsung S8 is getting into ufs lottery.
Ufs2.1 is supposedly 700mb/s
While Ufs2.0 is around 550mb/s.

Shout out to myself for avoiding the S8. SMH at y'all beta testers owning the S8. Let me spend over $700 and find out people are getting 150 more megabits per second. Android has memory fragmentation now... at the high end. They could get a pass if this was a $100 entry level device but flagship price demands flagship specs and flagship quality. SMMFH at this shit.

Is there an OEM that values customer's dollars and avoids BS like this?

That should be $500 so any 'Merican is better off buying through Amazon.

this_guy

Shout out to myself for avoiding the S8. SMH at y'all beta testers owning the S8. Let me spend over $700 and find out people are getting 150 more megabits per second. Android has memory fragmentation now... at the high end. They could get a pass if this was a $100 entry level device but flagship price demands flagship specs and flagship quality. SMMFH at this shit.

Is there an OEM that values customer's dollars and avoids BS like this?

That should be $500 so any 'Merican is better off buying through Amazon.

Doesn't Samsung still use faster memory than everyone else?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Vanillalite got an S8. Now to hear about how he got the slow memory for the next five years.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'll say this. You all have heard this all before, but after this idk how I'll ever go back to something that isn't as amazing as this screen wise.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'll say this. You all have heard this all before, but after this idk how I'll ever go back to something that isn't as amazing as this screen wise.
That's how I'll feel about every other phone after J8sus. And how we should all feel after J8sus.

Moto z play
Moto Z Play Droid acquired for my son, and wow, that's a nice phone for $400. Can't wait to see what the battery life is like.

Also, Nougat was immediately available upon booting up, so my concerns about Lenovo/Moto updates appears to be not worth much.

Bboy AJ

That is downright shameful.

Class action?

It is hilarious how they advertised 2.1 UFS and then realized they couldn't source it, so they removed that part of the feature list.

That's for the scrubs out there who will say some nonsense like, "You can't even tell the difference in day to day use." Nah. You can. It's a substantial increase in speed -- so much that Samsung literally used it as a feature advertisement bullet. If anyone has the slow memory, exchange it ASAP.

Fatalah

Moto Z Play Droid acquired for my son, and wow, that's a nice phone for $400. Can't wait to see what the battery life is like.

Also, Nougat was immediately available upon booting up, so my concerns about Lenovo/Moto updates appears to be not worth much.

Glad to hear. I'm forever embedded to Motorola because of the OG Moto X. I just wish Moto would simplify their model names, as Google had done.

Moto phones are way too confusing now.

Jeffrey

wish i could 'feel' the speed somehow. got the UFS 2.1, but stuff still drops frames and hangs more than my pixel.

samsung always brings the best hardware, but them priorities on software side is... not a priority.

lol remember that year when samsung promised to make touchwiz lighter and more optimized? Feels like samsung stopped caring about that haha.

wish i could 'feel' the speed somehow. got the UFS 2.1, but stuff still drops frames and hangs more than my pixel.

samsung always brings the best hardware, but them priorities on software side is... not a priority.

lol remember that year when samsung promised to make touchwiz lighter and more optimized? Feels like samsung stopped caring about that haha.

I think the only option is to buy an international version where you can install custom roms. Too bad the Google editions they used to make only lasted one year.

Vanillalite

I don't feel the small hitches, but my old phone was old. I might feel them more if I had a pixel side by side.

That being said the screen on this shit is the truth. Holy fuck the rest of the world been put on notice.

Pixel 2 DOA if it's the usual HTC LCD design.

NeOak

I don't feel the small hitches, but my old phone was old. I might feel them more if I had a pixel side by side.

That being said the screen on this shit is the truth. Holy fuck the rest of the world been put on notice.

Pixel 2 DOA if it's the usual HTC LCD design.

It will be the usual HTC LCD design.

What do people actually use Bluetooth for besides listening to music and taking pictures with their selfie sticks?
Calls? I use the car stuff and a Senheiser headset a lot.

I used a Band 2 until the wristband ripped. Looking at a Gear S3.

Sometimes I also use it so my W10 laptop starts the mobile Hotspot.

Vanillalite

Yo gotta get on that Jeffery train.

Just setup my Wi-Fi calling. Having a carrier device through AT&T that allows this could end up being a godsend.

Vanillalite

Think I'm gonna go back to Best Buy today and use my $100 gift card on getting the wife that Gear Fit 2.

You guys sold me on that being her best bet for what she wants.

I wear a Mi Band 2. It's a $20 fitness tracker. I don't get what the people who have these $300 smart watches actually do with them that justifies the premium over the Mi Band.

I should try car phone calls sometime.

EmiPrime

Nexus 5 boot loops started happening on a daily basis, figuring it was probably only a matter of time before it died forever given all the bashes it took to resurrect it each time and with J8sus potentially not coming out for another 6 months, I had to get a new phone yesterday.

Hesitated between the Pixel and iPhone 7 as I still kinda prefer Android but Google's inability to ever have any stock of the only phone they sell made my decision for me. Hopefully one day Apple will fix notifications on iOS (Christ they are bad) and Google learn about supply and demand.

Top Bottom