• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arnold Schwarzenegger has a message for those who’ve chosen the path of hate. There's still time.

BlackTron

I don’t know if it’s related, but I got a really bad bacterial sinus infection when using masks a lot. Never had that before. We all have our anecdotes. Getting off topic for the thread though.

Anie’s message is a good one, and I wish anybody with authoritarian views took a trip there for some introspection. Despite all our progress as a species, things can go to hell real quick in a short amount of time

We do indeed all have our anecdotes. Your experience sucks but I still believe the risk/reward profile of wearing a mask is on a different planet than getting a vaccine.

Things can certainly go to hell very fast and you get the impression many people today don't really appreciate how fragile the homeostasis of everything we have really is. Even with what is going on in Europe you get the impression that Americans don't think they can learn anything from it, like it's a different universe or a movie (I'm American btw). I could potentially live 40 more years and there's a lot of opportunities for shit to hit the fan or get bad in that kind of time so I take nothing for granted. Strangely this forum is one of the few places I feel I can even say this without someone being like uhhh what?

Glad to see Arnold using his fame position and clout for the greater good. Which is what I think he was trying to do with the "fuck your freedom" comments despite that it's taken out of context and based on the same seemingly plausible guidance from the government we all had. He just wanted to save people. In other words he never really changed, the man tries to do what he sees as right for the greater good. This new awesome video doesn't represent a change in his values from back then, he's the same guy.

BlackTron

My teenage cousins say that there is a ton of anti-semetism in school, which surprised me because it was pretty much dead back when I was a teenager at the turn of the century. Sad to hear its back in such a big way.

I think back then, everything was going great. Now that things are getting crappy, gotta find someone to blame again. Jews are a minority with a disproportionate amount of success, so they always get branded first. All throughout history.

I think back then, everything was going great. Now that things are getting crappy, gotta find someone to blame again. Jews are a minority with a disproportionate amount of success, so they always get branded first. All throughout history.
I'll always Remember Howard Stern saying something like this on radio. This must had been 25 years ago when Howard Stern was available on Toronto radio for a few years.

He and the gang were talking about Jewish people. I forget the story why he said this, but he was joking around saying something like "If there's a barren desert, most people would do nothing. A Jewish guy would plant a lemon tree, since were industrious people"

At that time, I just laughed reading more into why the hell would someone plant a lemon tree in a desert, not really thinking about the other parts of his sentence. But I get what he says now.

Top Bottom