• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldurs Gate 3 or Starfield?

Which one will you be playing first?

• I will be playing Baldurs Gate 3, love Larian

• will be holding out for Starfield, more excited for that

• I will try and finish BG3 in a week and play starfield after

• I’m not interested in either, waiting on Silksong

Results are only viewable after voting.

anthony2690

Starfield, even though I think these comparison threads are really dumb.

Maybe I'm in the minority in not knowing, but I learned that Baldur's gate & Baldur's gate dark alliance are completely unrelated/different games.

I was initially excited for Baldur's Gate 3, as I thought it was a follow up to the Baldur's gate dark alliance games that I love.

Sadly it isn't 😞

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Larian's games have never clicked with me and a lot of that has to do with the writing so I'm very weary of BG3. As far a Starfield goes, I don't really care for science fiction and the last Bethesda title that I enjoyed was Morrowind. I'll still probably play that first since it will be available on Game Pass.

NickFire

More interested in Starfield. But since I can't play it so they can sell it to an extra 150 million people or whatever, I will be ending up with the other one. If it reviews well of course.

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

phant0m

porque no los dos

will probably prioritize Starfield though as I've already put 30 hrs in BG3 early access

Is Baldur’s Gate on Gamepass?
If not, Starfield. If it is, Starfield.

But I’m excited for BG3 too. Just only buy on sale these days.

Last edited:

reinking

Whichever one is on PlayStation....

j/k

I will play both and let the fun factor determine which one I prioritize.

GHG

There's no or for me I'll be playing both. Already have BG3 and have been playing it on and off throughout early access and will get Starfield on release provided it's not a hot mess.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
There's no or for me I'll be playing both. Already have BG3 and have been playing it on and off throughout early access and will get Starfield on release provided it's not a hot mess.

Let's be honest, you're gonna play Starfield even if it's a hot mess at launch :p

Buggy Loop

Starfield will be delayed again :messenger_tears_of_joy:

BG3. It will be more polished at launch anyway, so waiting on Starfield later on after a few patches, is what i would recommend.

lefty1117

I like space settings better than fantasy settings (though I do like fantasy) but having played BG3 and seeing what the future holds in the recent trailer ... yeah BG3 is going to eat a lot of time until I finish it. Probably multiple playthroughts, then multiplayer with my D&D friends, and will probably stay on my hard drive for years. But I'll of course play Starfield. I guess the correct answer is, BOTH.

Starfield, even though I think these comparison threads are really dumb.

Maybe I'm in the minority in not knowing, but I learned that Baldur's gate & Baldur's gate dark alliance are completely unrelated/different games.

I was initially excited for Baldur's Gate 3, as I thought it was a follow up to the Baldur's gate dark alliance games that I love.

Sadly it isn't 😞
You're right. It's even better.

StereoVsn

I will buy BG3 and check out the bugs in Starfield on GamePass. Then I will grab in in a few months after couple of patches.

Esca

I'll play both but I'll wait awhile till I grab starfield so it can be patched and some mods that will be do decent qol things maybe

Top Bottom