• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield V |OT| EA (doesn't) want YOU!

cryptoadam

Banned
And what about all the assault guns? Absolutely everything significantly destroys medic guns right now. Even fucking pistols.

And whoever thought it would he a great idea to switch medic and assault weapon classes should be looking for a new job...

Nah it makes sense. Give Medic ranged guns and they would be OP killing machines.

Unlimited heals comes at a cost, which is to be able to engage at distance.

A.Romero

It has been a good experience for me for the last week I've been playing. No disconnections, CTDs or anything.

I'm liking the maps way better than I did BF1's.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
If any UK Gafers want £6 off the physical edition via Amazon, I got this in an email and won't be using it. First come first served, expires Tuesday.

U7TB-6GUMZV-MX2D9P

Pinktaco

I've played the last couple of nights with 3 other friends. So far I've had a lot of fun in conquest as a medic.
Some maps are certainly better than others and some maps have awful choke points as an excuse for flag area.
One of the maps also start the allies with zero flags but +200 tickets. I'm yet to win this as allied - within 30 seconds you lose 70 tickets lol.

I haven't played any fps in a couple of years, so starting out with a 0.70 kd/r is fine 😂

I haven't encountered too many bugs and certainly both g frustrating. A few spawn bugs and a few occasions where dead enemies are standing upright.

I haven't bothered with single player yet..

Can anyone explain to me what Tides of War is?

Why does this game take forever to quit after a match. It just black screens and then I have to close the software and reboot.

Thank god I didn’t pay for this lol.

This is the worst battlefield game I have played. The maps, animations, shooting mechanics, game modes are all bad. The opponents in front of you look like small dots and the classes are pointless in this game. It is incredible how battlefield games that came out years ago on inferior hardware were way better than Battlefield 5. The only liking the game are players that their first Dice game was Battlefront or Battlefield 1 game. I don't think fans of previous batlefiled games like Bad company 2 or Battlefield 3 are liking this game,

cryptoadam

Banned
I loved Battlefield 1, still play it everyday. Will I like 5? I didn’t like the Beta

Yes, because its Battlefield !

All though right now BF 1 is a bit better. Operations is a better mode than Breakthrough/Grand Operations. Also all the DLC on BF1 makes BFV look really light on content.

Buuuuut BFV is still a fun BF game. Squad play is improved, the guns are improved, movement is improved. And its all new maps. If you have put hours in BF 1 then its a no brainer IMO.

BTW I don't play conquest so if thats your mode I can't comment. If you played Operations, breakthrough is an operations lite kinda mode. Either way I am really enjoying it and I was playing BF1 up to the day before BFV launched so i am big BF1 player and have not gone back since BFV.

IISANDERII

Yes, because its Battlefield !

All though right now BF 1 is a bit better. Operations is a better mode than Breakthrough/Grand Operations. Also all the DLC on BF1 makes BFV look really light on content.

Buuuuut BFV is still a fun BF game. Squad play is improved, the guns are improved, movement is improved. And its all new maps. If you have put hours in BF 1 then its a no brainer IMO.

BTW I don't play conquest so if thats your mode I can't comment. If you played Operations, breakthrough is an operations lite kinda mode. Either way I am really enjoying it and I was playing BF1 up to the day before BFV launched so i am big BF1 player and have not gone back since BFV.
Actually I was going to say that I only play Operations and don't like Conquest :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Thanks for your post, I'm one step closer to buy:lollipop_grinning:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
And what about all the assault guns? Absolutely everything significantly destroys medic guns right now. Even fucking pistols.

And whoever thought it would he a great idea to switch medic and assault weapon classes should be looking for a new job...
Lol, you have zero clue. Assault guns are fine. A buff to medic weapons is all that is needed.

Medic was changed for team play reasons. They want medics sticking close to their teammates and not being 1 man armies like they were in bf1. Thus the smgs.

After the buff medic will be were it needs to be. Also, I routinely have 40 kill games with the mp40. Maybe you are just bad at the game.

Catphish

God I love playing medic in this game. I dunno if any of you played Return to Castle Wolfenstein's version of Conquest back in the day, but it was a smaller scale version of the same concept. Control multiple flags for victory (no vehicles tho, I don't think). Well, that game was the first I can remember playing a medic, where you could toss medkits at friendlies, and rez them with a syringe. I loved it so much, and very few games since properly recreated the experience. BFV has it.

Yeah, the guns kinda suck, but the Thompson is on the horizon, and I have high hopes for that. Still, how friggin awesome is it when you place like 5th overall as a medic, with only 5 kills, but you're outscoring mofos with 25 kills, because you're a healing machine?

Dope as hell. Love this shit. 👍

Catphish

This is the worst battlefield game I have played. The maps, animations, shooting mechanics, game modes are all bad. The opponents in front of you look like small dots and the classes are pointless in this game. It is incredible how battlefield games that came out years ago on inferior hardware were way better than Battlefield 5. The only liking the game are players that their first Dice game was Battlefront or Battlefield 1 game. I don't think fans of previous batlefiled games like Bad company 2 or Battlefield 3 are liking this game,
I've played every Battlefield since 2 and I think this game is righteous as fuck. Oh, and it's also my favorite of all of them. 👍

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Lol, you have zero clue. Assault guns are fine. A buff to medic weapons is all that is needed.

Medic was changed for team play reasons. They want medics sticking close to their teammates and not being 1 man armies like they were in bf1. Thus the smgs.

After the buff medic will be were it needs to be. Also, I routinely have 40 kill games with the mp40. Maybe you are just bad at the game.

Well aren't you entirely clueless.

Every class can kill in 1 to 4 shots consistently where as medics can do as little as 10 damage at close range. Yea, totes "balanced"

And you might as well say "bu bu but I only got 3 kills with the KE7 how is it OP?!"

Medics are sub garbage right now. Simple.

EBE

So what are the weekly airlift items with deluxe? I just received a single red-colored iron sight for the sturmgewehr 1-5 in my armory upon the loading the game up. Was that it?

Zewp

I decided to get it on a whim last night seeing as I got my $15 Launch promotion credit from Sony.

I played some matches this morning and have to say, it's been a while since I've played an FPS that feels this good to play. I've had Blops4 since launch and haven't been able to get into it at all, so I'm glad this one appears to be panning out. I had very low hopes for it.

playtillyadrop

Neo Member
i don't get the negativity around this game. I'm having a blast playing it. Sure there may be a few hiccups but that doesn't deter you from the actual gameplay.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Yeah, on both consoles I'm getting resistance moving forward and when I'm not getting resistance it's like skating on ice.

I can see Dice expanding on the building in future DLC (rebuilding broken houses) but god damn this game is missing some crucial WW2 era maps

hqdefault.jpg

dano1

After playing about 6 hours of battlefield 5 (PS4pro) This is easily the best Battlefield ever!! Can’t stop playing. And it’s running this good week 1!!

welshrat

Exactly how I am feeling, I was also worried as my one X had just died and I received a full refund, I decided to keep just my Pro and bought BF5 on it, I am sure it looks better on the X but wow the Pro is really putting in a great performance, no regrets at all and thats on a 65 inch 4k TV.

Great Game

EverydayBeast

i don't get the negativity around this game. I'm having a blast playing it. Sure there may be a few hiccups but that doesn't deter you from the actual gameplay.
I just don’t understand the hiccups when you just had BF1, and before that the Battlefront games.

Anyway, anyone know who the cover soldier is?

Was a little worried during the beta but since my crew wanted to get on it I went ahead and bought it. Feels soooooo much better than BF1 (which I feel was a missed opportunity to do something different). Really love how the weapons handle and feel and love being able to heal squadmates regardless of class. They have nailed the gameplay for the most part. Feel that the maps are good (with some being great) but I am definitely hoping to see some of the more well known locales being added down the road.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
This game makes me want a BF4 XBX and PS4 Pro patch...

EDMIX

Yeah, on both consoles I'm getting resistance moving forward and when I'm not getting resistance it's like skating on ice.

I can see Dice expanding on the building in future DLC (rebuilding broken houses) but god damn this game is missing some crucial WW2 era maps

hqdefault.jpg

Well they stated they want to focus on early WWII and more unknown battles. I'm actually ok with this as I want to see a different take, not the same thing over and over and over.

So I'd be fine if they add those maps later as I want something fresh and different for now.

-MD-

The only thing I agree with here are that some of the maps are trash, everything else, especially gunplay being bad is a minority opinion.

cryptoadam

Banned
A few tweaks that DICE needs to make.

Crates should auto supply anyone in their radius. Other wise you don't get many points.

Breakthrough should have a second battalion if you fail the first one, and more tickets should be given by taking each sector. I would also add more tickets overall to the mode.

Getting rid of the bomb being visible in Airborne I think will improve the mode.

I would add a 4th day with the Rush mode into Grand Operations, and if its 2-2 tie day five for final stand.

Masatshi

DICE said they will remove the visible bomb in airborne with the next patch. it is only visible as long as its on the ground. if somebody picks it up, it disappears and the enemy needs to figure out who is carrying it...

This game makes me want a BF4 XBX and PS4 Pro patch...

Dude a BF4 X-patch would be a dream come true!.... so much love!

INC

This game is so much fun! Glad they’re going to fix the TTK

Nothing wrong with TTK

it's the TTD that's the issue and the fact there's 1 frame deaths due to network code, that dice apparently "fixed", which they quite clearly haven't

Sort that and the game will be a much better experience.

But no instead of fixing bugged server's they rebalance TTK...... basically papering over the cracks

But that's DICE all over

DonF

People on console, I was having headaches playing this game. Go to settings, video. You can change the field of view, it makes a hell of a difference. The default is so fucking low and narrow. It warns that it may reduce performance, but right now, its running like default fov (at least on pro)

Last edited:

Catphish

Played some more last night running around as medic and, I'm tellin ya, I really can't get enough of this game. So much fun.

However, I do wish they would add some additional statistics for healers. I'd like to know how many rezzes I've had and how much total HP I've healed in a match. I don't need it to be part of the leaderboard, though that would be fine, too. I just want to see what I've accomplished in a given round, so I can guage my performance as medic.

INC

People on console, I was having headaches playing this game. Go to settings, video. You can change the field of view, it makes a hell of a difference. The default is so fucking low and narrow. It warns that it may reduce performance, but right now, its running like default fov (at least on pro)

Default is 60°

At least 90° is needed

Also turn off all the video FX and motion blur

cryptoadam

Banned
Nothing wrong with TTK

it's the TTD that's the issue and the fact there's 1 frame deaths due to network code, that dice apparently "fixed", which they quite clearly haven't

Sort that and the game will be a much better experience.

But no instead of fixing bugged server's they rebalance TTK...... basically papering over the cracks

But that's DICE all over

I was having TTD issues last week, but my last few game sessions I haven't had as much issues. I don't know if DICE made a change or I just started playing more tacticle and conservative. You really need to take your time and use cover in this game. If you are visibile someone will take you out due to how everyone is scoped out 3x in the game.

I like where things are right now so I hope DICE doesn't mess it up to much.

manfestival

Well they stated they want to focus on early WWII and more unknown battles. I'm actually ok with this as I want to see a different take, not the same thing over and over and over.

So I'd be fine if they add those maps later as I want something fresh and different for now.
They can focus on those things and still give fans of classic a bone. COD does this to good effect with Nuketown/Carentan. I think it would have actually gave people some hype if they announced a classic map as a launch map or even a future map. It still would allow dice to focus and create the their vision without taking too much/diverting too many resources to this and it makes lots of people happy in response. I think we get a clear example of this from the Call of Duty franchise. So why not here?

I would love a modern wake island.

Last edited:

splattered

Default is 60°

At least 90° is needed

Also turn off all the video FX and motion blur

Geez I didn't even realize I could change on console...

In my XB video settings I see the FOV slider for person, 3rd person vehicle, ADS field of view, etc... what are the optimal settings for this whole page?

Also, when I change general FOV slider to 90 on the right it says "Horizontal FOV 106" - is the general FOV supposed to be 90 or is the horizontal FOV mentioned to the right supposed to be 90?

cormack12

A few tweaks that DICE needs to make.

Crates should auto supply anyone in their radius. Other wise you don't get many points.

Breakthrough should have a second battalion if you fail the first one, and more tickets should be given by taking each sector. I would also add more tickets overall to the mode.

Getting rid of the bomb being visible in Airborne I think will improve the mode.

I would add a 4th day with the Rush mode into Grand Operations, and if its 2-2 tie day five for final stand.

Agree with these. I suck now at FPS in terms of KDR but I can still play this and have a good time.

INC INC What is the difference between TTD and TTK - aren't they the same from a different point of view, or are you talking about being downed as TTD?

EverydayBeast

Ranking the Battlefield V “Stories” from best to worst:
Under No Flag - 1942 North Africa
Tirailleur -1944 Provence
Nordlys 1943 - Norway

Looking forward to the Last Tiger on Dec 4. but just hope Dice didn’t forget Bad Company story telling.

Mista

Banned
Ranking the Battlefield V “Stories” from best to worst:
Under No Flag - 1942 North Africa
Tirailleur -1944 Provence
Nordlys 1943 - Norway

Looking forward to the Last Tiger on Dec 4. but just hope Dice didn’t forget Bad Company story telling.
I just hope no more stealth missions

INC

Geez I didn't even realize I could change on console...

In my XB video settings I see the FOV slider for person, 3rd person vehicle, ADS field of view, etc... what are the optimal settings for this whole page?

Also, when I change general FOV slider to 90 on the right it says "Horizontal FOV 106" - is the general FOV supposed to be 90 or is the horizontal FOV mentioned to the right supposed to be 90?

74 is what I use, which = 90° horizontal FoV in game

INC

Agree with these. I suck now at FPS in terms of KDR but I can still play this and have a good time.

INC INC What is the difference between TTD and TTK - aren't they the same from a different point of view, or are you talking about being downed as TTD?

No TTK is the damage you're doing
TTD is what it takes to kill u

TTD is bugged currently where it seems like you're dying in 1 frame, but their TTK they've probably shot u 4-6 times

But you don't see those shots, just the bundled packet of all shots

McHuj

That explains why it always seems like I got one shotted and wonder how everyone is so good with their weapons.

Zewp

For real, though. I'm getting ridiculously tired of being killed by ke7 users before I even know I'm being shot at.

splattered

74 is what I use, which = 90° horizontal FoV in game

Thank you! I searched YouTube and found a really good video explaining best practice on all settings across the board on consoles. Made the adjustments but haven't been able to test them out yet.

EDMIX

Actually I was going to say that I only play Operations and don't like Conquest :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Thanks for your post, I'm one step closer to buy:lollipop_grinning:

Yea its BF in a nutshell. The gunplay feels so improved over BF1, closer to BF4. LOVE Operations as thats all I really play tbh. The menu can get crazy at times, but once you are in a game, its pretty much Battlefield. With the sales, discounts and such, its a good buy below full price, I got it full price and 25 hours in or so, LOVE IT! They did a great job on this one and free content isn't bad either.

I do want them to update the camo to allow it to be changed on the options mid game to reflect the map, allow for a custom set that changes the camo for all parts (ie shirt, pants etc) all at once and of course wanting for the return of Hardcore mode. Other then that its pretty much what you'd expect from Battlefield.

Arun1910

Put in 18 hours with Origin Premiere and I do really enjoy the game. Haven't played it in the past week due to not being at home but I do wonder how certain things got through, like checking Assignments basically locking your game.

Game has its flaws, and 8 maps is a joke, but I love the TTK, gun customisation and general gun feel.

Top Bottom