• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bootleggers. The new GA addiction.

www.bootleggers.us

A nice amount of GAers have already joined in. For those not in the know, it's a prohibition era web-based game. Really, really fun. There's not a GA gang yet, as none of us have gotten high enough rank to make a gang (yet). JOIN.

Miguel

I'm probably 3rd on the list of how far anyone is.

Tre #1
WasabiKing #2
MiG #3

everyone else is just reaching thug or around scum/pee-wee

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Sweet christ, it keeps redoing the damn "This is your first login!" shit..

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
effzee said:
I just joined, seems very confusing but I guess I'll get the hang of it.

Despite the enormous amount of text in the FAQ, the game is pretty straight forward

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Woo! Gamble gamble gamble!

Goddamnit I'm in jail every 2 minutes, hehehe.

RevenantKioku

sefskillz said:
do you have cookies turned off?
Nope. I don't know what was going on. but it stopped after i closed the browser, loaded it up again.
I hate these types of games, too addicting. And sometimes the page is being really stupid in Safari, but Firefox isn't displaying it right at all (but the frames aren't opening in new windows randomly)

Er I mean to say, sometimes Safari is poping the frames up in new windows for no good reason. Isn't doing it now though...

slayn

needs to show more effort.
seems interesting...

already won like 500 bucks on blackjack. Money seems hard to comeby in the beginning though. I tried buying beer, flew to another city, say that the price was 4 bucks different which doesn't justify the flight. Guess I'll stick to blackjack for now.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You need to come to #ga and discuss with others about prices before venturing off :p

What's the best crime option to choose when first doing GTA? picking keys?

slayn

but then I gotta load up irc just for this silly game -_-

*sigh* where is #ga located?

slayn

is it just me or does it seem like it takes a lot more than two minutes before I can do my next crime?

I've already doubled my money with BJ... be sure and use strategy... there is more to BJ than just luck...

CHARTS
in both charts, the top labels represent what the dealer is showing, and the labels running down the side represent what you're holding.

hard.jpg

soft.jpg

H Stands for HIT. S Stands for uh. STAND... D Stands for Double Down (Real life bj, In this situation just HIT)

all that from richelieu, some guy who wrote a guide...

EDIT: to make it clear, 'soft hands' are when you have an ace... if you want to read the whole guide, go to http://www.bootleggers.us/viewprofile.php?viewuser=CooperSY

btw, that's not my account... heh

slayn

I actually go pretty close to that chart and did that thing of doubling your bet every time you lose. Sometimes you just lose though.

I didn't really know what to do with Aces though so thanks for the charts =)

slayn

do I need a gun or somethign before robbing becomes easier?

I've sucessfully robbed a general store a couple times now and I've still never gotten over 10%

slayn

is it even worth it to attempt to arm wrestle? ever?

I'm approaching level 2 and then I look over at the matches and see people with like 6000 wins -_-

slayn

in roullete, does 0 count as even? I would guess not, but just wondering if in this particular version that they have if betting on evens would be better than betting on red.

edit: no it does not.

etiolate

Banned
We should post Alcohol prices from states we're in to find the high/low.

Colorado
Beer $832
Rum $413
Whisky $1997
Vodka $127
Wine $1610

Matlock

Banned
Beer is an astoundingly low ~$90 in NY, and ~$850 in Penn. With travel expenses for a round-trip between those being ~$200, you're looking at making a tidy profit on even ONE unit, let alone 5 (when you start).

Joe

new york: 115/298/1116/464/2528

i can only hold 5 so its not really worth it for me to sell beer in colorado.

Matlock

Banned
NY: 86//274/1178/466/2557
CO: 832/413/1997/127/1610
MI: 236/145/1917/105/1919
CA: 336/295/1242/70/1924

NY>PA beer trade is still the hottest out there (for cost of travel, natch).

Highs:

Beer: CO/PA
Rum: CO
Whiskey: CO
Vodka: NY
Wine: NY

Lows:

Beer: NY
Rum: MI
Whiskey: NY
Vodka: CA
Wine: CO

Mind you, it all fluctuates wildly.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Joe said:
i finally got my first car. is there any reason to keep it? or should i just sell it off?

You better ship it out of the state quickly, or else the car will go back to its owner

It's real easy to do, too. Just make sure you have enough money to ship the car out. Select the state, click on the ID number, then ship it out.

Top Bottom