• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bootleggers. The new GA addiction.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Thug, Level 7 in Arm Wrestling, about $110,000 in cash and about $80k's worth of cars.

My %'s for Crimes are all between 90-100%
My %'s for GTA's all hover around the 45-50% mark.

Oh, and I have a gun now too :D

Me, Wasabi, Vennt, Ping and a few others have started pulling off OCs. The advantage to a garage is that you can use a car in a garage in any state, without training it.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I've seen ranks in people's messages on their accounts... its something like:

scum
pee wee
thug
gangster
hitman
assassin
different levels of boss
then different levels of somethign I can't remember
then different levels of don

calder

First of all, fuck all y'all for getting me into another web game. :(

Second, I'm "calder", I think I'm in Michigan, but I just started. I'm sure I'll play it at work way too much.

Yay, picked a pocket! That $1 bill shall be framed and placed on the mantle of my future hideout.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
My status for anyone who cares

Currently in the shooting range, training for 10 hours on my crappy gun (first gun that you get). Have about $940k in cash and a Duesenburg just in case for an OC. Just got to Gangster status tonight, woo

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Ok - Warning!

Don't get too rich at low rank...

I was up to 750k last night, closed up on a Million this morning.

Then I got an extortion demand, not just a scam but a bonafide request for 750k or else from a very connected player, I asked about and was assured that paying was a wise idea, and that my low-rank combined with "Wealthy" status marked me out as a target.

Now I'm down to 250k again :/

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, learned that lesson, keeping it in cars now.

Careful about using the bank, there have been bugs reported and some have lost banked cash.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Freeburn said:
Yep, learned that lesson, keeping it in cars now.

Careful about using the bank, there have been bugs reported and some have lost banked cash.

Yeah, I just checked my bank, no cash. Thats about most of my money gone....

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Easy Come, Easy Go. :(

Won't take you long to build it back up.

Also watch the poker, lower hands can win due to bugs. (Best not to gamble anyway)

Joe

someone just said they're gonna put a $20 million hit on me. and said that my next name should have nothing to do with "gay-rod or the yankees".

I'm sick. The first thing I do when I come home from work is start playing this game.

Anyway, I'm still at Pee-Wee and have yet to rob a car (at around 10%). Got around $2000, I probably should stop gambling.

calder

Ok, it took a while but I'm a Thug now. And I made some more money from Crime, gambled just once and doubled it to about 3k. I'm going to just not play blackjack anymore.

GA%20ISO.jpg

Haha, I've stayed away from gambling so far. I did get a death threat from some dude, though. Decided not to pay him. So if I get gunned down... that's why.

Matlock

Banned
calder said:
Ok, it took a while but I'm a Thug now. And I made some more money from Crime, gambled just once and doubled it to about 3k. I'm going to just not play blackjack anymore.

GA%20ISO.jpg

You can't spell Gambler's Anonymous without...GA!

Heyohh!

Plus: I'm thinking of putting out a contract on Ripclawe. Yay or nay?

pilonv1

I recieved a message I saw some dude kill another guy. Not sure what to do about it though. I finally have a weapon and some protection now.

kiryogi

Banned
Freeburn said:
Ok - Warning!

Don't get too rich at low rank...

I was up to 750k last night, closed up on a Million this morning.

Then I got an extortion demand, not just a scam but a bonafide request for 750k or else from a very connected player, I asked about and was assured that paying was a wise idea, and that my low-rank combined with "Wealthy" status marked me out as a target.

Now I'm down to 250k again :/

Okaay. i'm getting a dog stat! as soon as I finish this damn training..

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Another tip:

Don't expect ANY $$ from OC's untill you're at least Boss (or higher) rank.

OC's are done at the lower levels for rank only, so 4 ppl of lower ranks doing an OC together is a waste of time and money.

Once you hit Boss, you can do OC's with lower ranks and take a larger portion of the payout, as lower ranks will OC with you just for the rank gain. The higher the diffence in rank, the higher portion you can justify taking.

At Don and above you can charge 1 million+ just for doing an OC with a group.

calder

Miguel said:

LOL. Mig we should have a support group for Bootleggers blackjack.

I'm still a Thug, have about 8K in cash, have 3 sorta crappy cars (2 from Michigan in Illinios and one from Illinois with me in Michigan). I take it that it's not worth fixing Beufords? The Essex has 20% damage and is only worth 8K, i might sell it.

My Crime stats range from high 70% to low 90% and I rarely fail in robbing banks. My GTA stats are all in the mid to high teens now, so stealing cars is just now starting to work for me. I'm going to steal a few more cars here in Michigan and ship em to Illinios then maybe move again. Can I travel using the car?

Oh, and I can't really use IRC here at work, can anyone give me a link to the countdown timer? That would be really handy here at work while I dabble with actual work.

Top Bottom