• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BrazilGAF |OT| of Samba, Carnaval... and letting GAF have a sample of it all!

ledman

Who is ready for the "horário de verão"?

horario-de-verao.jpg

Beaulieu

sim.
my brazilian friends grouped to take a picture with him, I jumped in the gang (being slightly drunk) to get in the picture, landed on Popo having no idea who he was, my friend later told me he was angry until they told him I was just a drunk gringo.
This picture is pretty cool.

ledman

haha is this for real? Popo means shit in spanish. Same with kaka, although the pronunciation is slightly different.

So why is no one talking about the novela?, admit it, you were watching the finale.

Yeah, is like a world cup game.
Nem fui pra facul hoje.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm starting to think Eduardo Sterblitch is the funniest guy alive. Oh my God.

Who is ready for the "horário de verão"?

I haven't adjusted my room's clock since last year's, hahaha. So I guess I'm ready!

I dont watch it, last one I watched was Senhora do Destino.

A Favorita and Avenida Brasil were the only two good novelas since O Rei do Gado. But I didn't really watch the latter much. I regret it!

Well, Pé na Jaca was fun too.

Platy

... I think I know the girl in 0:22 and I think I know where they shoot this ...

So Umbanda is Switzerland?

I just said that belonging to umbanda (or any other religion) will not make anyone turn into a middle ages person. What defines is the person, not their religion.

But yes, this is a very simplistic view

LuuKyK

So why is no one talking about the novela?, admit it, you were watching the finale.

The only one I ever watched was Caminho das Indias, because the scenes they shot in India were incredible to see in HD (at that time HD TV's were the shit I think rofl). But it was kinda cool anyway. I don't get the love for Avenida Brasil though.

Ezalc

haha is this for real? Popo means shit in spanish. Same with kaka, although the pronunciation is slightly different.

Don't watch novelas, they all just bore me. Last one I remember sitting through was O Clone because of my mom.

Also yay, after 10 months of waiting I finally get decent internet and the my computer breaks. I want to hit that shit with a metal bat right now.

This video made me laugh a bit.

CorvoSol

I mean, if she wasn't so far away would you be with her?

I can't say for sure, y'know, 'cuz I barely know her at all, but I don't really think so? I dunno. Probably not. She seems like a nice person and all, but I don't feel interested, and the distance is a big reason. How can I be interested in a person who lives on the other side of the world and I don't know at all? It'd be one thing if I knew this person personally, but I dunno, y'know?

Anyway, people like to talk about the good looking people in Brazil, but there are some outrageously bad looking ones, too. Brazil is the first time in my life where the Hot wife Ugly man thing was proven true. Because you would find the UGLIEST of guys who were WORTHLESS who had the most attractive, most sympathetic, most energetic of wives.

I never understood that.

You can't count a guy from Curitiba, though. It's such a clean city even their bums' clothes are washed at least twice a week.

Ezalc

I can't say for sure, y'know, 'cuz I barely know her at all, but I don't really think so? I dunno. Probably not. She seems like a nice person and all, but I don't feel interested, and the distance is a big reason. How can I be interested in a person who lives on the other side of the world and I don't know at all? It'd be one thing if I knew this person personally, but I dunno, y'know?

Anyway, people like to talk about the good looking people in Brazil, but there are some outrageously bad looking ones, too. Brazil is the first time in my life where the Hot wife Ugly man thing was proven true. Because you would find the UGLIEST of guys who were WORTHLESS who had the most attractive, most sympathetic, most energetic of wives.

I never understood that.

You can't count a guy from Curitiba, though. It's such a clean city even their bums' clothes are washed at least twice a week.

Well I meant like, if she was near you do you think you would date her? From the sound of it regardless of distance you wouldn't be with this girl. The only way I think you could deal with that is just telling her that the distance is a big problem for you and that you don't believe in long distance relationships.

Yeah I know, it's amazing gives me hope to get some smoking hot wife someday. I mean, I'm not ugly but I don't feel like I'm all that good looking either. Whenever I see the ugly guy hot girl thing I just think like man, props to you for not giving a fuck going up to her and being successful.

My mom showed me that mendigo a few days ago. Reminded me about the homeless guy with the golden voice a bit. Lol yeah this city being so clean is something that really surprised me when I got here.

vdlow

As I read in twitter, this story of the handsome homeless is pretty sad. It's not good to see that a man who doesn't take a bath is better looking than you. lol

CorvoSol

Well I meant like, if she was near you do you think you would date her? From the sound of it regardless of distance you wouldn't be with this girl. The only way I think you could deal with that is just telling her that the distance is a big problem for you and that you don't believe in long distance relationships.

Yeah I know, it's amazing gives me hope to get some smoking hot wife someday. I mean, I'm not ugly but I don't feel like I'm all that good looking either. Whenever I see the ugly guy hot girl thing I just think like man, props to you for not giving a fuck going up to her and being successful.

My mom showed me that mendigo a few days ago. Reminded me about the homeless guy with the golden voice a bit. Lol yeah this city being so clean is something that really surprised me when I got here.

I just can't comment really if I'd date the girl or not. I don't KNOW her at all. She's a girl I've seen a few pictures of and exchanged the most polite and empty of hellos with over the internet. The pictures alone aren't enough to make me go, "Sure I'll bite", and the massive distance is enough for me to really not want to pursue at all, but you're right, where I'm sitting right now, I don't know that I'd date her even if she were here.

I mean, I'm certainly flattered, but I dunno, I have a LOT on my plate right now, and a long-distance relationship with someone I barely know and have never met in person is NOT something I want.

Ezalc

As I read in twitter, this story of the handsome homeless is pretty sad. It's not good to see that a man who doesn't take a bath is better looking than you. lol
Who said this?

I just can't comment really if I'd date the girl or not. I don't KNOW her at all. She's a girl I've seen a few pictures of and exchanged the most polite and empty of hellos with over the internet. The pictures alone aren't enough to make me go, "Sure I'll bite", and the massive distance is enough for me to really not want to pursue at all, but you're right, where I'm sitting right now, I don't know that I'd date her even if she were here.

I mean, I'm certainly flattered, but I dunno, I have a LOT on my plate right now, and a long-distance relationship with someone I barely know and have never met in person is NOT something I want.
I think you should just tell her this then, just make some of the parts in there a bit more polite haha.

CorvoSol

Brazil-GAF can you do me a favor?

Please punch all of your fellow nationals just now finding out about :putnam: on facebook. I don't even know who he is but I'm sick of seeing his face all over my feed.

abuC

Anyone from Bahia? I plan on visiting Brazil in the next couple of months, will probably be in Rio for a week, than 2-3 weeks in Bahia (Salvador specifically).

Ezalc

Brazil-GAF can you do me a favor?

Please punch all of your fellow nationals just now finding out about :putnam: on facebook. I don't even know who he is but I'm sick of seeing his face all over my feed.

IIRC he's one of the engineers who worked on FB. Fun fact: I kind of look like the smiley when I grow my hair out a bit.

CorvoSol

IIRC he's one of the engineers who worked on FB. Fun fact: I kind of look like the smiley when I grow my hair out a bit.

Fun fact: I don't think the asian men portrayed in the pictures with :putnam: that Brazilians have been plastering all over my feed today are actually Putnam. I'm worried one of them is actually Kim Jong Un.

vdlow

I watched just a few parts of Avenida Brasil, but this chupetinha story was one of the most ridiculous and yet most funny moments of the TV this year. lol

LuuKyK

Talking about Globo, is anyone else watching The Voice Brasil? I just watched the last episode, and some of those battles, wow, was not expecting it to be that good. I thought it was going to be something like Idolos/Astros. lol Will watch.

Brazil

I watched just a few parts of Avenida Brasil, but this chupetinha story was one of the most ridiculous and yet most funny moments of the TV this year. lol

It was kind of awesome.

Oh, and I have no idea what this Putnam thing you mentioned is.

Brazil

So ...is that a photoshop disaster or giraffe was her nickname at school ?

She's always had a model body, so her neck's a bit longer than most, yeah.

But please don't go full sharp knees mode on her, haha.

Platy

Nah
I already did LOTS of photoshop work .. so my mind is kinda "omfg phtoshop disasters EVERYWHERE" and I just need to be sure xD

..but there is something really off about how her head fits on her neck on that picture... necks don't make such sharp angles

Ezalc

Hey, Ezalc:

A friend from elementary/high school, Giovana.

I ain't even sorry, hahaha.

This hurts me deep man, I have to go to SP one day just so you can introduce these women to me. Anyways, I actually know a model. She was in my class but switched majors this semester. She's engaged so yeah lol. Oh and she has breast implants but they're really big and round and since she has that standard model body of tall and skinny I think it looks kind of weird.

Top Bottom