• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BrazilGAF |OT| of Samba, Carnaval... and letting GAF have a sample of it all!

lfvgt

Neo Member
Ok Brazil Gaf .. sorry for the double post, but I know where I want to live if everything else fails !

ULe9I.png

http://g1.globo.com/rn/rio-grande-do-norte/apuracao/monte-alegre-rn.html
http://placar.eleicoes.uol.com.br/2012/1turno/rn/monte-alegre

Saramago's "Ensaio sobre a Lucidez" right ? xD

Also, São Paulo/SP elections will get ugly ... with nobody being pro-choice or talking anything closer to gay rights because they will want to get the releigous votes from Russomano =/

Ok, so... what happens in Monte Alegre now? That's very, VERY bizarre! Not a single valid vote, not even the candidates voted for themselves!

Road

Ok, so... what happens in Monte Alegre now? That's very, VERY bizarre! Not a single valid vote, not even the candidates voted for themselves!

People voted for them, but the candidates haven't been approved by the TSE (they are still disputing it legally).

I don't know what will happen if neither can get approved (too lazy to check the law), probably a new election.

LuuKyK

I have to say I'm proud of our system in the elections, I mean, there are thousands of cities and the votes are computed in minutes.

Sadly I can't say the same about the candidates. :|

Also wow @ Monte Alegre.

Man, it looks like I can't study abroad in Brazil after all. Was planning on going this spring to Florianopolis, Brazil to study economics but I guess the semesters there start late feb and go until the end of july? Runs into summer internship plans I had.

It's too bad, Brazil looks awesome. I don't know the language at all but I pick things up quick. What I get from the things I see online is that Brazil is laid back, has tons of beaches, and babes everywhere + strong economy. Could be making all this up...

Looks like I'll be going to Barcelona. Maybe visit Brazil during Winter Break before I go to europe.

Yeah, thats how it works here.

Aww, man, thats sad that you won't be able to come, but there will be plenty of other chances I'm sure. :)

Sblargh

Banned
Apparently I appeared in Globo's SPTV for 1 second wearing a NeoGAF T-shirt while on mesário duty. (my mom saw it, can't even see the t-shirt properly, but yeah, I totally went to be mesário rocking a purple NeoGAF hive-mind T-shirt)

LuuKyK

Apparently I appeared in Globo's SPTV for 1 second wearing a NeoGAF T-shirt while on mesário duty. (my mom saw it, can't even see the t-shirt properly, but yeah, I totally went to be mesário rocking a purple NeoGAF hive-mind T-shirt)

You, sir, are awesome!

red13th

That is amazing.
Respect.

ledman

Awesome! What neighborhood you served?

Platy

No idea o_O

...and another thing that I had absolutly no idea :

Was looking to children songs to help a friend and saw this first music of "Os Saltimbancos" called Bicharia and ... WOW never noticed how HUGE was the political subtext on that music o_O

Sblargh

Banned
Sorry to derail form your elections, but is there an online store that I can buy books from Brazil that ship to the U.S.?

If you don't find it, I can always buy it, mail it to you and you pay me via pay-pal. Because usually the problem is the other way around. :p

Tho, try www.submarino.com.br it is our closes thing to Amazon, if they don't do it, then I don't know. Try www.estantevirtual.com.br too, it's a site that sells used books and I don't think these guys will pass the opportunity to sell something.

Chakan

I'm impressed that the topic creator didn't mention singers such as Roberto Carlos, Rita Lee and Tom Jobim. I'm only saying a few names here, there are A LOT more who are way more famous than anyone you mentioned.

And where's feijoada on the FOOD topic?

I'm brazilian and it doesn't look like the topic was created by one.

LuuKyK

I'm impressed that the topic creator didn't mention singers such as Roberto Carlos, Rita Lee and Tom Jobim. I'm only saying a few names here, there are A LOT more who are way more famous than anyone you mentioned.

And where's feijoada on the FOOD topic?

I'm brazilian and it doesn't look like the topic was created by one.

Be nice, its my first OT t_t. Of course I'm brazilian, its just that I had some crazy shit ton of work going on on my college, so I had almost zero time to work on it since I created it. I also prepared some new banners to go with the new content, but they are not ready yet. But hey, as I said, help is always welcome, I will put these in the OT as soon as possible, fell free to share your favorite songs if you want. :) Same about the food, and everything else really.

Where is this? let me guess, Sao Paulo right? I like Rio but damn, it never gets any event.

I want to go! I'm seriously considering taking a bus.

http://www.brasilgameshow.com.br/

Its in SP yep.

Rio has its on game show though, afaik.

Or they are not doing it anymore?

Sblargh

Banned
Too harsh, dude. Topic is great, but I gotta say, Feijoada makes it very hard being a vegetarian. Urgh. Too good. The one food I really miss. (the one context linguiça (is there an english word for linguiça?) makes sense)

Platy

Anyone going to Brasil Game Show?

I wanted to go ... but when I saw the entrance was already 40 ... and I live at 2 hour buss drive from SP .. so I would spend almost $100 just to enter and go back =/

I REALLY want to see the WiiU ... but it will have to be some other day =P

lfvgt

Neo Member
Platy are you really from Campinas? I can't believe there's someone else in this city who is a gaffer, lol! I know there's about one million people living here, but still...

Platy

Platy are you really from Campinas? I can't believe there's someone else in this city who is a gaffer, lol! I know there's about one million people living here, but still...

Born here, live here

Really impressive, considering the average age of Gaffers and the fact that we have one of the most famous universities in the country

lfvgt

Neo Member
Born here, live here

Really impressive, considering the average age of Gaffers and the fact that we have one of the most famous universities in the country

Not sure if you're being ironic or not... hehehehe

But I'm impressed because there aren't many brazilians around here, since most people just visit websites like Gamevicio to say stuff like "ehuaheuhaeahuea mw >>> bf3"

Sblargh

Banned
I know some people who goes to Unicamp, and they don't take necessarily longer to reach USP than I do, you are right in saying that bus fare is the problem. Heck, depending on traffic, a guy can leave Campinas at the same time I leave Santo Andre and he will get there first.

Platy

Not sure if you're being ironic or not... hehehehe

But I'm impressed because there aren't many brazilians around here, since most people just visit websites like Gamevicio to say stuff like "ehuaheuhaeahuea mw >>> bf3"

Not being ironic ... since I study at unicamp and there are LOTS of people from all arround the State and a good amount of people from outside the state

A few minutes ago, the reporter covering Brasil Game Show to the Jornal Nacional said that Tekken is the most popular fighting game in the world. Hm...

Platy

I saw that xD
The intention was there =P

But if I was the LoL commenter that was compared to Galvão Bueno ... I would kill myself

Platy

You know you're old when your children's day gift is the holiday itself.

I know the feeling .... and talking about Children's day ... anybody went to Mcdonalds these days ?

mjdc7.jpg

I got Tepig and Oshawott ... Pikachu and Emolga are always sould out when I pass near a mcdonadls =/

ledman

I decided to not go to BGS today, I waked up a little to late and a friend who was already there told me to go tomorrow because the queue is too big.
So I going tomorrow, no way I going sunday.

I decided to not go to BGS today, I waked up a little to late and a friend who was already there told me to go tomorrow because the queue is too big.
So I going tomorrow, no way I going sunday.

I woke up late too. =p

So I will spend the holyday playing LoL and go tomorrow.

Edit: 2hour trip + rain = staying home today.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I have press credentials for BGS (and no work to do there) but I don't feel like going at all.

My little brother and friends are trying to drag me, though... Ugh.

Platy

I have press credentials for BGS (and no work to do there) but I don't feel like going at all.

My little brother and friends are trying to drag me, though... Ugh.

Free wiiu lines ....

and in worst case scenario Kotaku podcast said that there are some booth babes =P

...wich reminds me, people who sended the message about "pirigamers" to the kotaku people : Please die

Sblargh

Banned
People from around São Paulo should meet; nothing fancy or big, we just meet at Paulista, find a bar and grab some beers. Then if we all end up hating each other, at least there was beer.
My only rule is No Skol.

Top Bottom