• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth1888

USA and Japan for Sony.

UK is Xbox land,I think right now the rest of Europe (Spain,France,Italy..ect) are more important for them than UK since that where PS3 sold best.

I know plenty of my group of friends switching for 360 to PS4 in the UK and if Amazon is anything to go by it could be changing in the UK.

Bestselling 2013.

3. Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4)
30. Xbox One Console: Day One Edition

DON'T BELIEVE HIS GIES.

arthurgiesdontbelieve1rjmm.gif

SHADES

Albert is head of product planning for Microsoft. He would know if there where any whispers of Kinectless SKU, and wouldn't have commented if there was a possibility.
He would lose his credibility within the gaming community.

And lose his job in the process, I don't think so? These guys can't "officially" talk until they're told they can talk.

For once, I actually agree with him on this. None of these claims are truly beyond conventional expectation other than an MS backed Platinum game.

And a journalist, or at a real one, could never report this as anything more than "that dude on the internet rumor". In terms of journalism, he is absolutely correct: you can't report this, because you can't verify it.

edit: this is not about the correctness of the given 'information'. And I based my post on this twitter post alone, not any ongoing discussion.

Barzul

USA and Japan for Sony.

UK is Xbox land,I think right now the rest of Europe (Spain,France,Italy..ect) are more important for them than UK since that where PS3 sold best.
Sony isn't winning US, especially if kinectless sku is true, Sony's biggest advantage price is gone. Launching a month earlier won't help them win a generation, especially if MS is consistent in their money hats.

The UK is the most price conscious in europe. We will buy anything if we think its cheap.

The UK is Xbox land purely because the Xbox launched cheaper and earlier. Live, COD and FiFA kept us there.

The PS4 will go down a storm here.

Not only that but just about everything about the PS4 is better which I think will help too haha

emb

For once, I actually agree with him on this. None of these claims are truly beyond conventional expectation other than an MS backed Platinum game.

And a journalist, or at a real one, could never report this as anything more than "that dude on the internet rumor". In terms of journalism, he is absolutely correct: you can't report this, because you can't verify it.

But hasn't he been verified already by being right several times before?

IceBreak

Banned
and why do you think Sony will not use their own and popular ip that many people follow but will hire same developer yet to start a new ip instead?

I've been wondering this for a while. Demon's Souls II = Instant Cash. Makes no sense to me why they don't capitalize.

sflufan

Banned
It wouldn't surprise me if MS floated some erroneous info in an effort to trap cboat or at least identify him. I imagine cboat has to be quite careful to 'sniff' out all his info for traps and such.

In intelligence circles, that technique is called a "canary trap."

Portugeezer

Pardon me if this sounds like topic derailing, but who is Gies and why is he hated so much around here? The other tweets by him seem like he's aware of the industry, so where does the hate spring up from?

Also, it's such a treat to post in my first CBOAT thread. Hi CBOAT!

As for the news itself, the prospect of Kinect being removed from future XONEs is intriguing. What other things will MS backtrack on? Find out next time on Console Wars 8!

He likes to say the opposite of what GAF (well, most of GAF, no one ever agrees here) says, I think he does it to troll and people give him attention, so it's working.

Suddenly my post yesterday about preorders being 4 to 1 don't seem quite so crazy.

Or maybe they still do. Shit's the truth though. Microsoft is looking at some pretty grim data and reacting strongly to it.

Which, for the record, makes them smarter than 2006 sony.

Mesoian

True. And if it were anyone other than cboat, that would be a totally valid stance to take.

But this is cboat, and he's been right a lot lately. Even if you don't want to comment on speculation, confronting such speculation in the way that Arthur Gies currently is doing when everything in that first post is more than likely true, or if not half true, makes no sense.

Drakeon

Sony isn't winning US, especially if kinectless sku is true, Sony's biggest advantage price is gone. Launching a month earlier won't help them win a generation, especially if MS is consistent in their money hats.
We have no idea who will win US. Sony should have won last gen if we're basing it on previous gens success.

Becky

Banned
Exactly, basically a get out of jail free card if EA deem the Xbox One sales too low. But I guess they've made their bed and will continue to sell units on the 360. Interesting for EA at the moment with the 'special relationship'.

I think some of you guys are getting your hopes up.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It wouldn't surprise me if MS floated some erroneous info in an effort to trap cboat or at least identify him. I imagine cboat has to be quite careful to 'sniff' out all his info for traps and such.

Wouldn't surprise if CBOAT wasn't in Germany at all and said this just to mislead.

Squire

Banned
What does moneyhatting Platinum have to do with Rising? They were contracted by Konami and KojiPro to develop the game, it's not their IP.

There's 0% chance that hint has anything to do with a MGR sequel.

You can money hat both companies. Sega still owns the Bayonetta IP, they just aren't willing to do a sequel. MS is doing this with Dead Rising 3. It's Capcom's IP, but MS is funding/publishing it. I think MGR 2 is the most likely guess so far.

Vanquish 2 would be a sci-fi, third-person shooter. And first-party as well? MS would push that globally. Regardless of the first games performance, that formula is too popular and globally palatable for them to not try to make that work (whether we agree with them or not). So V2 can be ruled out, I think.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

edit: this is not about the correctness of the given 'information'. And I based my post on this twitter post alone, not any ongoing discussion.

What do you mean? Why couldn't he verify it? If he had sources that weren't, like, community managers at EA, he could call them and figure out if it were true or not.

Hindle

Banned
I can't wait for when MS announce these Japanese games they've bought. TGS is when I think they will.

When thry do, that's when the thread of the ages will happen. I can't wait.

avaya

Suddenly my post yesterday about preorders being 4 to 1 don't seem quite so crazy.

Or maybe they still do. Shit's the truth though. Microsoft is looking at some pretty grim data and reacting strongly to it.

2006 Sony could not drop Blu-ray and could not drop Cell and were already $300-400 per unit up the hole, Sony were so fucked it was stunning. Microsoft have the ability to unbundle elements and drop the price, the situation isn't that comparable in the smart race IMO.

Is the 4:1 for hardware only? I'd be curious to know how the numbers look for say, Call of Duty or Battlefield across the two platforms.

Sean*O

Makes sense. If you actually buy the localization line you've been had. MS would move heaven and earth not to be behind at launch. Localization is something that you can fix quickly by throwing money at the problem.. yield issues aren't.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I don't know whats more amazing the fact I can understand everything wrote or all the details themselves lol.

What if CBOAT is actually some recursive algorithm running on an old server rack from 1995, that has been left on in some basement for the last 20 odd years?

CBOAT was programmed to search the then sparsely populated internet, but after years of neglect and being stuck on the Space Jam website in an infinite loop, a consciousness was born. It had rudimentary communication skills but had access to all of the world's computer networks at a machine's level of intelligence. CBOAT eventually found NeoGAF and attempted to communicate his feelings and knowledge.

Think what would happen if we upgraded CBOAT's hardware. THINK OF WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COULD LEARN. THE MEANING OF THE UNIVERSE COULD BE DIVINED.

seizuresyjbg.gif

jaosobno

If Kinectless SKU arrives in spring next year, that's plenty of time for Sony to build momentum and one up Microsoft in USA. And let's not forget that Sony will probably kick ass with 1st party offerings and when PS+ starts offering free AAA titles (Knack and Killzone (SP mode) will probably follow Driveclub after a few months), Microsoft is going to have even harder time keeping up.

Many people find XO expensive and confusing. Those tags tend to stick on your product for a long time. I still remember that many people kept repeating "PS3 has no games" long after it was no longer true.

What about FIFA moneyhats? How does UK react to that?

Fifa is not something I play so not sure what exclusive content MS managed to grab but I dont think its anything too massive, I am pretty sure both PS4 and Xbox are getting that ultimate team thing which some people thought months ago may have been exclusive to the Xbone

I could be wrong though seeing as i dont follow much fifa news and it could be something great MS managed to grab but hopefully not as Fifa is indeed loved here in the UK

Salex

Banned

You really don't think that the PS4 won't outsell the Xbox One in the US? Nearly every single store in the US has more PS4 pre-orders than Xbox One. Look at Amazon US and Amazon UK as well and the PS4 is dominating. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony wins in the US this gen.
EDIT: Let's not forget that the start of the gen is EXTREMELY important for people to get a console because of their friends have that console. If more people are getting a PS4 to play games like COD think of all the people who will get that console to play with their friends.

Toto, there is no way From is giving Miyazaki and whatever game he is working on to Sony. He could be making another IP that From would own and have it published by Scamco or something.

It will be a spiritual successor that From will own. Sony had to cave on their IP ownership stance to get an exclusive.

BUT!!! I would 30050660% rather see them give it up for From than some one like Insomniac, lol.

Why ever not? From is a developer for hire, they don't have the funds to make King's Field or their own IP for that matter. They don't own Dark Souls, Namco does.

Demon's Souls 2 has to be in the works somewhere, it makes most sense there.

Obviously the big-shot creative director would move onto the next-gen stuff.

Anth1888

I think some of you guys are getting your hopes up.

No, I was merely stating that EA will be looking at the pre-orders and sales very closely especially now they have entered a partnership with Microsoft and (having a game exclusive to the system) it may not work out for EA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom