• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suddenly my post yesterday about preorders being 4 to 1 don't seem quite so crazy.

Or maybe they still do. Shit's the truth though. Microsoft is looking at some pretty grim data and reacting strongly to it.

Which, for the record, makes them smarter than 2006 sony.
it's not that hard to believe. Do people honestly think MS would be flipping their shit with all these 180s if the data was good? They're obviously freaking out. It's the only way to read the sitch knamean.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
^Agreed. This goes for all devs that go the MS money hat flow.

I'm not too concerned about other devs. I'd consider it a legitimate part of business to be honest, but Japanese devs made a huge mistake this gen and are only just struggling for relevance. Surely ... surely they'll remember that and not make the same mistake again? Hopefully it's limited to a handful of devs.

So Microsoft is going to moneyhat Japan again? Wonderful. Here comes an avalanche of games I'll never play like all those JRPGs they bought early in the 360's life cycle. As if Japan hasn't suffered enough.

Yep, these moneyhats will actually hamper Japanese game development again by limiting themselves to the least selling console in their home land.

MormaPope

Banned
Not to credit Gies or anything but wasn't cboat wrong about a lot of the e3 predictions. (Mirrors Edge 2 being at MS conference and Prince of Persia)

Still fun to play along..

One, he was wrong about one. Prince of Persia didn't surface to the public at E3, and he apologized for that fact. He said Mirrors Edge 2 existed, wasn't Xbone exclusive, and would show up at Microsoft's press conference I believe. Mirrors Edge 2 was revealed but at EA's own conference, switching/swapping game trailers or demos at E3 probably isn't rare.

His E3 facts were insanely true, he doesn't spew predictions, he leaks facts.

Riky

MSFT$
Good news about another Platinum game, really pleased. Not so happy about Rare just working on Kinect though, if that's going to be the case then at least outscource Banjo/Perfect Dark etc like they have Killer Instinct.

Freki

I can't wait for when MS announce these Japanese games they've bought. TGS is when I think they will.

When thry do, that's when the thread of the ages will happen. I can't wait.

What do you think will be the bigger thread - Platinum Xbox Exclusive or Kinectless Xbox SKU?

I just don't get why not put a kinectless SKU out at launch. A lot of people have made it clear enough that they don't want to pay premium for that shit, to keep pushing it is just 2006 Sony-ish.

Truespeed

We are reaching critical bu-bu-bu-but levels.

Microsoft is simpl not ready, while Sony is.

People are acting like Xbox360 foothold in the USA wasn't caused by year headstart and lower price.
Nothing more.

You have to wonder how distracted MS was about mobile to have been this unprepared at this stage in the game.

Becky

Banned
No way 4-1 pre-order lead in NA is true. No way. That is a stunning reversal.

How many units do people expect at launch in NA?

400,000 PS4s to 100,000 X1s
600,000 PS4s to 150,000 X1s
800,000 PS4s to 200,000 X1s
1,000,000 PS4s to 250,000 X1s

Persona7

Banned
So Microsoft is going to moneyhat Japan again? Wonderful. Here comes an avalanche of games I'll never play like all those JRPGs they bought early in the 360's life cycle. As if Japan hasn't suffered enough.

Let me get this straight, you want to play several games on a platform that you do not own.

The logical conclusion would be to buy the platform you do not own to play the games you want to play.

Anth1888

I am sure MS/EA would market the hell out of it.

Also, I'm sure that partnership can grow? I don't know how effective it would be, but MS seems to have partnered with COD and FIFA, and those two are huge titles.

I guess it's not too big if delays/prices/PS4's momentum continues... I'm more curious about the details of MS's partnerships. Sony had EA this gen, or at least Battlefield, but I doubt that made a dent. MS is surely going to be more aggressive about it.

We don't know 100% what the exclusive Ultimate Team feature is (UT is also on PS4) as EA haven't announced what it is yet. We should hear at Gamescom as FIFA comes out in September and as it stands with rumours the PS4 will be the first 'next-gen' version.

Sony marketed FIFA heavily in the UK with adverts and the PS3 logo was alongside FIFA's in stadium advertising boards so it is a lucrative Marketing contract. Sony still have Ubisoft for marketing and are partnering with Rockstar for GTA V it seems. Sony are also sponsors of the Champions League in Europe.

Jack Torrance

Neo Member
20120129-120840.jpg

I'm glad that a developer I don't give a toss about is being moneyhatted to consoles I don't give a toss about. Makes it a whole lot easier on my wallet.

And PS4 down for a late-October release? Damn, Sony aren't messing about this time.

Vire

One, he was wrong about one. Prince of Persia didn't surface to the public at E3, and he apologized for that fact. He said Mirrors Edge 2 existed, wasn't Xbone exclusive, and would show up at Microsoft's press conference I believe. Mirrors Edge 2 was revealed but at EA's own conference, switching/swapping game trailers or demos at E3 probably isn't rare.

His E3 facts were insanely true, he doesn't spew predictions, he leaks facts.

I think what he is saying here has grains of truth, and it's fun trying to decipher his cryptic messages, but the only thing that has me scratching my head is Platinum games having a Japan-only exclusive for Xbox One.

Why wouldn't they release it states side?

Anywho, Tuesday should be fun.

The first time I came across insider sources on NeoGAF I questioned them, ignored them and tried to pretend they were lies.

Now I have a list of who I love to hear from and none are greater than CBoaT. The best part of it all is the tears for the bidet as people continue to question the source.

C.B.O.A.T. = G.O.A.T.

What do you think will be the bigger thread - Platinum Xbox Exclusive or Kinectless Xbox SKU?

The Kinect thread will generally be a happy one with a bunch of people pointing and laughing. The Platinum thread will literally be a black hole of rage and fury, devouring the guilty and innocent alike. There will also be a bunch of people pointing and laughing.

Maedhros

Not to credit Gies or anything but wasn't cboat wrong about a lot of the e3 predictions. (Mirrors Edge 2 being at MS conference and Prince of Persia)

Still fun to play along..

- Says "A lot of..."
- Lists two, where one isn't true at all.

Come on man... you have lists of things he got right. He leaked A LOT of things, of course he's legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom