• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Spider-Man HC is all over for me. The slice of life Spidey and high school antics with his friends look fun. Stuff with Vulture and Stark, the big "epic" action, looks kinda dull. Comes down to what the division of the two sides are.

Something just keeps feeling off to me..perhaps it's Sony cutting the trailers. I dunno..

Aside from the crazy visuals, Doc Strange felt rather bland. I don't know what it was, maybe the direction, maybe the script... Just a hodgepodge of things done better in other movies. Magic didn't feel authentic, for lack of a better word, but like in a videogame. Cumberbatch also didn't really bring a lot to the table. I liked everyone else better than him, except Mads who was totally wasted. The magic wasn't interestingI dunno, it lacked a certain quality that sets it apart from the rest. I will say though, one thing it has over the other CBMs that I didn't like is that it was at least functional.

BadAss2961

Something just keeps feeling off to me..perhaps it's Sony cutting the trailers. I dunno..
One reason it looks off is that we already have much better looking Spider-Man movies to compare it to. Shit from like 15 years ago that manages to look more impressive.

If Homecoming was a full on Sony movie, corny title logo and all, dudes would be roasting it. You know this is true.

One reason it looks off is that we already have much better looking Spider-Man movies to compare it to. Shit from like 15 years ago that manages to look more impressive.

If Homecoming was a full on Sony movie, corny title logo and all, dudes would be roasting it. You know this is true.

Bad, with sincerity, I hated the first three. I watched them for my son, who loved them to death. Bought the boy every freaking game lol. I was never sold on them, personally. I kinda dug the first Garfield one..wasn't terrible, imo.

I'm completely loving this new kid. I don't think the character looks cheap..I just don't like the cut of the trailers, to be honest. WW trailers went from "Hmm..yes?" to "UMMM..YES?" for me from first to last. I'm just not feeling it with these trailers, and it sadness me.

I'll be there day one, like the rest, just feels off for me coming off the high of CW. I know I just lost you 😜

Pachimari

Deadpool was not that good, Batman v Superman was alright, Suicide Squad was lackluster, Doctor Strange was a bit bland, and Civil War was the Golden Standard.

Ross61

The wrap jumped the gun slightly, and I don't know whether it was posted here but Wonder Woman is currently tracking at 100 - 110 million OW

Not bad, hoping it goes up with the reviews. If it has good legs unlike it's conterparts than it should survive the summer succesful.

Excuse me, it's Superbulge.

giphy.gif

Pardon me, tiger..

Ahasverus

Don't understimate Marvel's ability of making the dullest out of the most exciting.
I can't believe Doctor Strange was such a borefest.

if there's anything to applaud the DC movies until now is that every movie is really different from another. And it looks like the trend is continuing.

BadAss2961

The whole underwater aspect has potential to give us something different with Aquaman. Wan is also probably the most well rounded director to do one of these comic universe movies so far.

Plus, Momoa's about to break out in Justice League. Snyder's got him bigger than he ever was with a couple trailers.

Aquaman is my most hyped DCEU movie by a nautical mile but aside from F7, which was a decent entry, I don't really fuck with Wan's filmography. Coogler on the other hand is 2 for 2, having made two of my favourite movies ever.

IconGrist

Doctor Strange, for me, is currently the worst movie in the MCU. Dethroning the previous champion, Iron Man 3.

Wait.

You know what? Scratch that.

Iron Man 3 is still champion. Fuck that movie.

Top Bottom