• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denis Dyack in 1up yours. NeoGAF is "hurting society," justifies having it shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBuccCP

I think he's dead on. The crappy mods here are DESTROYING THE VERY FABRIC OF SOCIETY. Start dropping the ban hammer you nancies! Save the human race!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
To an extent I can agree with him. GAF as it is today is nowhere near what it was even 2 years ago, let alone 4 years ago.

The truth of the matter is GAF is just another gaming forum full of dweebs who bitch, complain and orgasm over their own opinionated game playing... that is if they ever touch the fucking game :lol

I took a glance at that thread he created and it honestly didn't really do anything - it will never change the average stance on this forum where "Too Human = shit" even if the game hasn't even been released publicly. If people have to begin eating crow then they just ignore it. The Wii Remote (and) console name unveiling are proof of this.

Also the average above posts prove to everyone my above sentiment.

Teriyaki

I understand his point, but I don't know if GAF was the place to direct his vitriol. This is playing out like a second attempt to get a tag.

ivysaur12

Banned
They highest review they're going to get is from IGN. And that's just cause they hyped the shit out of the game and don't want to look like idiots.

Strider2K99 said:
Dyack needs to stop taking a video game forum seriously.

2dridd4.jpg

einhard

Judging by Silicon Knights recent history Dyack isn't one to be talking about good management. What is he trying to start some kind of culture crusade against online forums?

StuBurns

Banned
Dyack, stop being a fucking child.

You put yourself out as a public figure, you spend 11 years making a game, that by most accounts is mediocre. What do you expect when you come on here calling people out? Do you want us to be on our knees praising your gumption? It's never going to happen.

Here's an embarrassing picture of me, make all the GIFs you want you winney little bitch.
Photo4.jpg

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
JBuccCP said:
I think he's dead on. The crappy mods here are DESTROYING THE VERY FABRIC OF SOCIETY. Start dropping the ban hammer you nancies! Save the human race!

Start with juniors

Alcander

Adent said:
He takes video game message boards way too seriously.
Very true. But then again, many people here took his posts on the board way too seriously (although I suppose he meant them to be taken as such). So... everyone wins?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If you "agree with him to an extent," you're basically like...not seeing the forest for the trees, to put it politely. His argument in totality is almost unbelievable; that he claims to have formulated it after pouring over social theory and philosophy makes me nauseous.

Tobor

BlazingDarkness said:
well here comes another colossal lulz thread

And really, what's the point. Another 20 pages of noise. I think I'll listen to the podcast and drink a beer. Beats jamming on F5 all night.

Calcaneus

He really shouldn't pay GAF so much attention. This forum is ultimately inconsequential to anything he's trying to do. Yeah some people are being assholes, but hey, its the internet.

But he shouldn't provide people with so much fodder, though.

legend166

If the industry wants to listen to a couple thousand nerds posting on an internet forum that's their own stupid fault.

Holy crap this industry is stupid.

Denis is also stupid.

"Why aren't 180 people being banned now?"

Maybe because everyone agrees that your game sucks.

And now he's threatening to shut NeoGAF down for libel! funny animated GIFs.

This.......is gonna get ugly.

nestea

Maybe this podcast is part of his social experiment too? He probably just wants to see if insults and subtle legal threats against his consumer base will affect the overall performance of his product.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Y2Kev said:
If you "agree with him to an extent," you're basically like...not seeing the forest for the trees, to put it politely. His argument in totality is almost unbelievable; that he claims to have formulated it after pouring over social theory and philosophy makes me nauseous.
His petty argument against GAF and social junk is his alone. I am, however, agreeing with him on his stance that the general GAF populace is a bit of a joke at times - and as I said in my own post that this mysterious ailment of forum idiocy is not just central to GAF but it affects many forums across the Net.

legend166 said:
If the industry wants to listen to a couple thousand nerds posting on an internet forum that's their own stupid fault.

Holy crap this industry is stupid.

Denis is also stupid.
Amen. If the gaming industry followed this forum religiously then Nintendo would be bankrupt by now, instead they're making gamers cry out for "HARDCORE!" "DLC!" and all this other shit.

I'm not taking the bait this time, Denis!

Your appearance on the 1up Show is just an expirement so you can analyze the social norms of the online gaming communities and their ability to delude themselves into believing they've owned a high profile game developer when, in truth, it is they who have been owned!

Not falling for it!

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Well, we do have the 1st amendment, that needs to be respected too. Censoring certain actions just because they're making fun of a developer seems a tad dramatic. He says something bad could happen that would shut down GAF, like what? Lawsuit? A successful one? Really? He's only trying to create paranoia, which is ridiculous. He could maybe launch a lawsuit against our rights as individuals which would be laughable and sad, not to mention the odds of it working are ridiculously slim.

MrDaravon

What the fuck? This doesn't even make sense.

This forum, along with almost all others isn't a fucking democracy. Sure "unfair" shit happens, and Too Human and Dyack have been picked on way more than probably anyone else, but so what? There's no so sort of social or moral obligation us or the people who run this board are under, nor should there be. I'm pretty sure people are entitled to their own opinions, and being an asshole isn't against the law last time I checked.

I'm honestly not sure if he's so delusional that he actually believes this, or if he's just butthurt he's getting dumped on here. If anything HIS fucking antics and the thread he made "hurts" the videogame industry more than a fucking message board, since he's actually IN the industry. Even if his game turns out to be great, I have absolutely no respect for him or Silicon Knights anymore, and that IS directly a result of his actions. You should have adhered to what you preach, and actually let people judge the game for themselves when it releases or the demo hits.

Put up or shut up indeed Denis.

just tray

Denis: I get the last laugh GAF!! Too Human will never come out and you will NEVER see Eternal Darkness 2 HA HA HA!!

Dragon

Banned
This is akin to a child pissing someone off with a comment and then saying "just joking". Stop covering your ass and stop being insecure about your product.

There's no accountability, THIS IS THE INTERNET. If there's no accountability and you know that, what point are you trying to make?

Fucking make your game the best it can be and fuck the people that don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom